How many e/s do you use for an eye look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On average girls, how many eyeshadows would you use to create an eye look? Usually i use 3 (brow, lid & crease colours) but some of your FOTD's are fantastic & ye use so many!

Usually about four: one for the base shade, one for the lid, one for the crease and one for lining. The minimum would be two: one for the allover wash and one for the lid/crease area.

For everyday, I'd say 1-2 shades. That'd be a lid color, and maybe a crease color. If I actually take my time, I'd say anywhere from 3-6 shades, for lid, crease, outer "V", browbone, inner eye highlight, and liner.

Normally 2 or 3.
smile.gif

I use anwhere from 1 to 10 colors depending upon my mood and the look I'm trying to create. I usually only use one or two colors though.

Usually about 3 :

1 all over from lash to brow

1 in the crease

1 to line

I do sometimes wear more or less depending on my mood.

Daily I usually use 3. But on weekends (cuz I have more time to do my face) or when I want to look extremely FABULOUS... I'll use about 5 or 6 depending on the look I'm going for.

Originally Posted by MUAsucks But on weekends (cuz I have more time to do my face) I hear ya on that! I wish I had "creative time" everyday! (It would make for more interesting FOTD's anyway!) LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't even know how to use more than 2, looks like I need a lesson!

Originally Posted by fiji I don't even know how to use more than 2, looks like I need a lesson! me neither. I need a lesson too. I´ve seen pics of fabulous eye makeups where there are like 5 shades of the same color and it looks so well blended. however, if I try to wear more than 2 or 3 colors it always ends up looking "dirty" and messy. dunno what I´m doing wrong
icon_cry.gif

i generally use 3 but then on other days i could use up to 5 and then there is the liner sometimes i use shadow to line.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Normally I use either 2 or 3... but on 'creative' days - skys the limit!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

RIGHT ON,LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

on usual mu applications, it like 3 + a liner. it can get up to like 5 + a liner.

I usually do 3-4 and a liner
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz on usual mu applications, it like 3 + a liner. it can get up to like 5 + a liner.

Mine depends on the look i want and the time i have! Most days i normally use 2 or 3, but other days it can be about 5 or 6.

I'm with you on this one too Jess - THREE FOR ME Originally Posted by wongy74 Usually 3 for myself also. Highlight, lid, and crease.

Latest posts

Back