How many of us are going to a MAC store tomorrow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol Sounds like everyone got what they wanted. Great hauls! I visited the Vegas Pro store and got some goodies. I forget which ones though so once I finish unpacking, I will let you know. Oh thats right!!! You lucky stiff!!! I forgot you were in LV!!! How was it?!!?!?
icon_eek.gif
Do tell!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It was an awesome trip. I think that for the past three days I have gotten a total of 9 hours of sleep and right now I am feeling it.
icon_eek.gif

I went to the Vegas Pro store on THursday and it was a zoo. So many people for such a little store. They had some cool models (male and female) walking around in bathing suits with the D'Bohemia theme. It was really cool.

I gambled a lot
icon_rolleyes.gif
and partied a lot too! Had a great time with my family. Last night, we saw one of the Cirque Du Soleil shows called Zumanity. Its an erotic version of Cirque Du Soleil. It was amazing! I also got a chance to go to to Wynn Hotel (it just opened on 4/28) and it was freaking amazing. Such an awesome hotel. Overall, it was a great trip!

Originally Posted by Marisol It was an awesome trip. I think that for the past three days I have gotten a total of 9 hours of sleep and right now I am feeling it.
icon_eek.gif

I went to the Vegas Pro store on THursday and it was a zoo. So many people for such a little store. They had some cool models (male and female) walking around in bathing suits with the D'Bohemia theme. It was really cool.

I gambled a lot
icon_rolleyes.gif
and partied a lot too! Had a great time with my family. Last night, we saw one of the Cirque Du Soleil shows called Zumanity. Its an erotic version of Cirque Du Soleil. It was amazing! I also got a chance to go to to Wynn Hotel (it just opened on 4/28) and it was freaking amazing. Such an awesome hotel. Overall, it was a great trip!

Oh I'm so jealous! I wanna GO TOO!!!
icon_cry.gif
Sounds like you had a great time!!! I didn't even know they had a Pro store in there... where is it? In the Ceasars forum shops?? (That's where all the other good stuff is - so I'm only assuming! LOL) But I was still a "MAC Virgin" at that point.. so I really wasn't looking for it either.
icon_redface.gif
Where is the Wynn Hotel?? Is it on the strip? I have heard about it - but not that much info... you have me curious now!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Trisha, keep in mind for future needs, Chanel and Clarins are owned by EL also so you'll get discount with them also
wink.gif

LOL i dont need a pro card as i have all the pro stuff i want (mainly the e.s), i get 65% off MAC with staff discount anyways, plus my Selfridges store card gets me 35% off anything on our beauty/frag/skincare floor at work!

It is in the Forum Shops at Ceasars Palace.

The Wynn Hotel is not on the strip (meaning Las Vegas Blvd) but its a block east of it. Here is a picture of it.

08_G.jpg

Originally Posted by Marisol It is in the Forum Shops at Ceasars Palace.
The Wynn Hotel is not on the strip (meaning Las Vegas Blvd) but its a block east of it. Here is a picture of it.

08_G.jpg

Oooh... nice!!!! I was there in Oct. of 2000... Stayed at the Aladdin... (right after it's grand opening in August) that's a great hotel too! But that one looks really cool!
smile.gif
And guess that MAC Pro is another one to add to the list of "Great shops at Ceasars' !!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How wonderful Marisol, I am so glad your trip was fabulous. Did you shop a lot? Get some rest first and let know the details tomorrow
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol It was an awesome trip. I think that for the past three days I have gotten a total of 9 hours of sleep and right now I am feeling it.
icon_eek.gif

I gambled a lot
icon_rolleyes.gif

I finally made it to my MAC store Saturday. I got the shade fluidliner and also broke down and got Pink Apertif l/s (my new favorite MLBB shade) and Flash of flesh lipglass (why did I try it on----so gorgeous, though I 'm waffling because I've been trying to get away from lipglasses as dbf hates the texture of them, and I like kissing dbf). I also got brush cleaner----the bottle is much bigger than I expected so that was cool.

Hopefully I'll try out the fluidliner and lipglass tomorrow. FOF looks awesome on top of pink apertif (tried it on at the store and my lips were fabulous).

Sorry Trisha for that huge list
icon_eek.gif
My friend has the same benefits that you have through EL and she gets discount from Chanel and Clarins since EL owns them also. I checked with EL and they say the same. Maybe it is a USA thing.

Originally Posted by Trisha LOL @ ya Janelle & Charmaine!! Glad you had an awesome trip Marisol!
Lilla, here is the list, it might not be completely up to date, but as far as I know EL doesnt own Chanel & Clarins (we get letters all the time about this kinda stuff)

<dir><dir> </dir></dir>

Originally Posted by Trisha LOL @ ya Janelle & Charmaine!! Glad you had an awesome trip Marisol!
Lilla, here is the list, it might not be completely up to date, but as far as I know EL doesnt own Chanel & Clarins (we get letters all the time about this kinda stuff)

A LITTLE WHO'S WHO OF BRANDS

ALBERTO CULVER

<DIR><DIR>Cederroth

Mrs. Dash

Motions

Pro-Line

St. Ives

Sally Beauty

Sugar Twin

TRESemme

VO5

</DIR></DIR>

ESTEE LAUDER

<DIR><DIR>Aramis

Aveda

Bobbi Brown

Bumble and Bumble

Clinique

Creme de la Mer

Darphin

Donna Karan New York

Estee Lauder

Gloss.com

Jo Malone

MAC

Origins

Prescriptives

Stila

Tommy Hilfiger

</DIR></DIR>

L’OREAL (Major Shareholders: Nestle)

<DIR><DIR>Biomedic

Biotherm

Cacharel (perfumes)

Createurs de Beaute

Galderma

Garnier

Giorgio Armani (perfumes)

Helena Rubinstein

Kerastase

Kiehl’s

La Roche-Posay

Lancome

L’Oreal

Maybelline

Matrix Essentials

Ombrelle

Redken

Ralph Lauren (perfumes)

Sanofi-Synthelabo

Shu Uemura

Soft Sheen Carson

Vichy

</DIR></DIR>

BEIERSDORF (Parent company: TCHIBO Group)

<DIR><DIR>8x4

ABC-Pflaster

Atrix

Bandfix

Basis pH

BSN Medical

Curad

Cutinova

Elastoplast

Eucerin

Florena Cosmetic

Futuro

Gammon

Hansaplast

Hidrofugal

Hirtler

Jobst

Juvena

La Prairie

Labello

Leukoplast

Nivea

Simple

Tesa

</DIR></DIR>

SHISEIDO

<DIR><DIR>AG+

Ayura

Carita

Cle de Peau Beaute

Decleor

D'ici Là

Ettusais

Eudermine

Ipsa

Issei Miyake Fragrance

Jean Paul Gaultier Fragrance

L'Osier

Nars

Sea Breeze

Shiseido

Zirh

Zotos

</DIR></DIR>

PROCTOR & GAMBLE

<DIR><DIR>Clairol

Cover Girl

Max Factor

Olay

Wella

</DIR></DIR>

WELLA (Parent: Proctor & Gamble)

<DIR><DIR>Anna Sui

Belvedere

Bogner

Cindy Crawford

Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

Crisan

Dunhill

Gabriela Sabatini

Graham Webb

Gucci

Kadus

Londa

Mexx

Nicky Clarke

Rochas

Sebastian

Shockwaves

Tondeo

Tony & Tina

Viva

Vivality

Wella Friseur

Wellaflex

Welonda

Yardley

UNILEVER HOME & PERSONAL CARE (Parent: Unilever)

Dove

Finesse Haircare

Helene Cutis

Lux

Lynx/Axe

Organics

Pond’s

Signal Plus

</DIR></DIR>

JOHNSON & JOHNSON

<DIR><DIR>Neutrogena

Piz Buin

</DIR></DIR>

AVON PRODUCTS

<DIR><DIR>Avon

Mark

</DIR></DIR>

LVMH

<DIR><DIR>Acqua di Parma

Belvedere Vodka

BeneFit Cosmetics

Berluti

Bliss Spa

Cape Mentelle vineyard

Celine

Chateau d'Yquem

Chopin Vodka

Christian Dior

Christian Lacroix

Cloudy Bay vineyard

DFS Galleria

Domaine Chandon

Donna Karan

Ebel

eLuxury.com

Emilio Pucci

Fendi

Fred

Fresh

Givenchy

Globe Online

Guerlain

Hennessy

Investir

Jardine Wines & Spirits

Kenzo

La Tribune

Loewe

Louis Vuitton

Make Up Forever

Marc Jacobs

Mercier

Moet & Chandon

Mount Adam

Omas

Prada

Radio Classique

Ruinart

Sephora

TAG Heuer

Veuve-Clicquot

Victoire Multimedia

Thomas Pink

Zenith

</DIR></DIR>

COTY

<DIR><DIR>American Original

Aspen

Aspen Sensation

Calgon

Davidoff Beauty

Davidoff Cool Water

Exclamation

Healing Garden

Isabella Rossellini's Manifesto

Jennifer Lopez

Jovan

Lancaster

Rimmel London

Stetson

Vanilla Fields

</DIR></DIR>

REVLON

<DIR><DIR>Almay

Charlie

Revlon

Revlon Beauty Tools

</DIR></DIR>

JANE & CO.

Jane

Wow Trisha, that's very interesting, I never knew that..never realized that so many different companies were owned by the "parent" one
eek.gif

Great Hauls, Kim and CWHF! I love Shade and FOF. I got Coco too, and it's my fav of the pigments in the D'bohemia collection

Beaute l/g is also *very* pretty, almost a twin of Chanel's Cristalle l/g in Melon, but much cheaper!

welcome back marisol! glad to hear that you had fun
biggrin.gif

i wore bagatalle the other day. i like it a lot! d'bohemia comes out more corally than pink. oceanique is pretty. used it as a brow highlight.

Finally unpacked all my stuff and here is what I got:

D'Bohemia e/s

Star Violet e/s

Viva Glam V lip gloss

Cedarrose shadestick

Tinted Lip Conditioner in Rose Remedy

For some reason, I wasn't too impressed by the D'Bohemian colors. I am bummed because I was really looking forward to it. I still want the Temperly palette but the only place that has it close to me is the Saks in Beverly Hills and they charge $12 for S & H. That means it will be close to $60 with tax and everything. Still debating it.

Now I am really looking forward to Belle Azure.

Originally Posted by charms23 Nice haul, Marisol! I too am looking forward to Belle Azure - I didn't really feel the overwhelming need to get something from D'Bohemia. Belle Azure is the one coming out in June, right?
icon_wink.gif
I only got the 3 shadows from D'Bohemia... . I like the "Prose & Fancy" e/s because its a nice muted blue/green... although it looks close to meadowland in pics, it's actually more blueish in real life.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
D'Bohemia is similar to Paradisco, but with more shimmer. And Bagatelle is close to Woodwinked but a tad lighter. :icon_love

Originally Posted by Marisol How many of us are going to a MAC store or made an online order to their website? What are you planning on getting?
Happy Shopping!

As you know,I made a thread and posted what I got but I'll add it here as well. I enjoyed my little splurge. Can't wait for the next one to come along.
Heres my list.

• ProPalette
  • Eye Shadow-Sable
  • Eye Shadow-Swiss Chocolate
  • Powerpoint Pencil-Engraved
  • Select CoverUp NC45
  • Studio Fix NC43
  • LipGlass-Pop Mode
  • Glaze Lipstick-Hot Tahiti
  • Amplified Lipstick-Dubonnet
  • Blush-Desert Rose
  • Pigment-Chocolate Brown
  • Brush-Foundation/Shader
  • Brush-Concealer
  • Sharpner

I knwo what you mean, Marisol. For me, the l/s in D'bohemia were disappointing to me. I didn't get any. They all look like stuff I already have or really ML without the BB! LOL!

Latest posts

Back