How much nail polish do you own?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! Sorry about the "lovely" cell phone picture. I finally got my rack up! So the total is now 142 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have around 300 (or more) polishes.  Most of them are up on my rack and my most recent purchases are still lying around.  It's a bad obsession :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did you check Rite Aid? My local Rite Aid is my local drugstore product heaven. There are no swatches anywhere, no open products, no finger marks and lots of brands, lots of products and lots of variety :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Good idea; I haven't checked Rite Aid yet. Thanks! Revlon Girly will be mine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ladies that shared photos: The nail polish racks look great! My husband humors me with my nail polish obsession, but I don't think he would like a display on the wall. Perhaps I should try looking for the multi-level countertop displays some salons have; maybe ebay, and put them in my armoire. I like them in the armoire, but the different levels would help with visibility for selection.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good idea; I haven't checked Rite Aid yet. Thanks! Revlon Girly will be mine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ladies that shared photos: The nail polish racks look great! My husband humors me with my nail polish obsession, but I don't think he would like a display on the wall. Perhaps I should try looking for the multi-level countertop displays some salons have; maybe ebay, and put them in my armoire. I like them in the armoire, but the different levels would help with visibility for selection.
Following up, I went to Walgreen's tonight and I got Sinful Colors 'Kissy' and 'In the Spotlight' (they were each $1 off with coupon and store card), both I haven't seen before. While I was there, I also picked up Revlon 'Girly' and 'Fashionista' (they were buy 1, get 1 for 50% off).

I'm guessing that I am either up to 250 polishes, or pretty close.

Okay! So I posted a while back that...

"i have about 400.. planning to cut back to 200.. so that means that I will give a looot of it away..

I mainly have China Glaze, Butter London, Julep, Milani, some Deborah Lippmann, OPI, Zoya, etc."

I finally threw some away in the trash, gave plenty away, put them up in my blog sale, and I have another batch to put in my blog sale (planning to put them up before Sunday).

For me, it's more of a quality than quantity kind of thing.. I'm so happy that I finally got back to a decent size collection (150 nail polish) NOT counting top coat, base coat, matte coat, etc..

I officially bought wood today to "celebrate" and I'm gonna make myself a nail polish rack. I plan to keep my nail polish collection around 150-200 bottles ONLY and I will continue giving it away and selling some.

Can't wait to show you guys my nail polish rack ;D

EDIT -- now to work on my makeup collection which is way much harder to give away and sell :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hahah

Hmmm, I don't know the exact count, but I have four wash bags full of nail polish. I would say I have arounf 100 nail polishes, although I think some of them need to be thrown out. I also want loads of polishes I have seen, and am currently building up a wish list. I lobe nail art, so love to stock up, and come up with new designs. Laura x Link removed per ToS

Hmmm, I don't know the exact count, but I have four wash bags full of nail polish. I would say I have arounf 100 nail polishes, although I think some of them need to be thrown out. I also want loads of polishes I have seen, and am currently building up a wish list. I lobe nail art, so love to stock up, and come up with new designs. Laura x
i threw at least 10 away.. i didn't bother using a nail polish thinner since I knew that some bottles were from 2 years ago >.< oh geez nail art.. let's talk about that ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i have several wheels with different color/sizes/shapes of rhinestones, stickers, 3d acrylic, and such.. ebay/amazon is great as well as sally's beauty supply store (especially when there's a sale) =]

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i threw at least 10 away.. i didn't bother using a nail polish thinner since I knew that some bottles were from 2 years ago >.<

oh geez nail art.. let's talk about that
wink.gif
i have several wheels with different color/sizes/shapes of rhinestones, stickers, 3d acrylic, and such.. ebay/amazon is great as well as sally's beauty supply store (especially when there's a sale) =]
oosh, i still have nail polish from the 90s! still use and love them. theyre actually a little thin for my taste!

I have between 400-500 bottles, not counting my gel polishes. Thank god I do my nails two to three times a week. And once we move I'll have a set up to begin taking clients. 

I store my polishes in 2 helmers I'm going to need a third soon.

I just got 3 new colors tonight!

The purple OPI Liquid Sand, and 2 Zoya polishes: Blu and Jacqueline.

I also got a hardener that claims to harden polish in 45 seconds. I'll have to see if that holds true.

ETA: I tried the hardening stuff...it's a piece of crap. If anything, it made my polish even more goopy and runny. Oh well.

I also like but my collection is limited as I don't like to wear all colors.One of my friend have huge collection and she tried almost all colors available in the market.

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was packing to go back to school today, and as I was packing up my nail polish, I decided to count them...

Well, my final count of polish (not including ones that are now no longer usable) was 30. And I know I have more in my apartment at school...so my total total is probably about 3 dozen. I didn't realize I had so many!! (Especially pinks...I think I have about 5 different pinks)...I really am polish obsessed!!
my husband counted today (to tell me how obsessed I am), and I am now over 100 polishes. I just can't help if there is such good deals on ebay, now can I?

Well, I have 3 nail polish racks holding 90 aprox.  So, Add those up and that makes 270. I'm just slightly a nail polish hoarder lol. My collection consists of mostly O.P.I , china glaze , Essie , Zoya , Daborah Lippmann and Butter London. Plus several random brands ( Wet n wild, sally hansen, a few mac , Orly , sinful colors, revlon, Maybelline, avon, Loreal, Nars, etc. ) Plus I have a few O.P.I and Zoya Nail polishes coming in the mail.  So yeah, Im hoping to do some serious decluttering soon because as you can see its very needed lol.  

after cataloging them in excel to avoid dupes I have about 275 not counting tops, bottoms, special effects, nail art and treatments. I have a starrily order of 8, a julep order of 10 and a sephora x order with 4 or 5 more on their way.

WOW I have basically no nail polish compared to most of you ladies! 12 colors, one base coat, and two top coats. I'm really not too into nail polish, I mean, I usually have polished nails but I don't mind rotating through the same small selection of colors over and over. 

Counting the 7 I have coming in the mail and not counting base or top coats, I have 40 bottles. I just cleaned them out and gave a bunch that I wasn't in love with to my mom, and before I did that I had about 60.

I'd have to check, but I have probably around 20ish at the moment.  I feel like such a newbie here.. lol

Latest posts

Back