How to get sun-kissed skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Sun Kissed Skin (Allure magazine July 2005)

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate with a scrub that has synthetic grains to remove flakey patches. Since self tanner will darken large or clogged pores, those with oily complexions should use a glycolic or salicylic acid cleanser.

After patting the face dry, smooth on a thin layer of oil-free moisturizer.

Avoid fomulas with alpha hydroxy acids, which can make the tanner turn orange.

Wait about 15 minutes before applying self-tanner

2. Add Tanner

Squirt a pea size blob of self tanner on your middle and index finger. (Using 2 fingers will ensure an even application)

Starting at the apples of your cheeks, smooth the lotuin out and up towards the ears.

Squeeze out another drop of tanner on fingers and rub them across your forehead and out toward the hairline.

Glide any remaining tanner over the nose and chin, starting at the center and moving outward.

3. Apply Blush

Allow tanner to dry for the recommended amount of time.

Apply a sheer pink cream or gel blush to the apples of your cheek to mimic a natural post-sun flush.

Types of Tanners:

For fair skin:

-Clarins radiance-plus self tanning cream-gel(1)- has a low concentration of DHA.

-Neutrogena build-a-tan gradual sunless tanning face SPF 15 - builds up color over several days.

For medium to olive skin:

-Chanel precision soleil identite perfect colour face self-tanner(3) - has more DHA to highlight your tawny complexion.

-Estee Lauder sun performance self tanner for face (4) - has added moisturizers to extend the tan's life span.

For Dark skin:

-Clarins self tanning milk (6) - evens dark skin and brighten ashiness

or

-Biotherm sunfitness autobronzant self-tanner (7)

-Safe Tan (8) - dries more quickly than most dark formulas.

Thanks for posting Liz!

I got the Clarins Radiance Plus (as recommended for fair skins) yesterday - the SA said it would be good for evening out my skin tone and to give a hint of colour, as i didn't want loads of colour. I will report back on how it works!!

Originally Posted by Bhav Thanks for posting Liz!
I got the Clarins Radiance Plus (as recommended for fair skins) yesterday - the SA said it would be good for evening out my skin tone and to give a hint of colour, as i didn't want loads of colour. I will report back on how it works!!

cool! look forward to seeing pics and hearing the outcome!

Thanks for the great article Liz
biggrin.gif

great info liz. will this work on other body parts too, say legs maybe?

Originally Posted by Liz Sun Kissed Skin (Allure magazine July 2005)
1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate with a scrub that has synthetic grains to remove flakey patches. Since self tanner will darken large or clogged pores, those with oily complexions should use a glycolic or salicylic acid cleanser.

After patting the face dry, smooth on a thin layer of oil-free moisturizer.

Avoid fomulas with alpha hydroxy acids, which can make the tanner turn orange.

Wait about 15 minutes before applying self-tanner

2. Add Tanner

Squirt a pea size blob of self tanner on your middle and index finger. (Using 2 fingers will ensure an even application)

Starting at the apples of your cheeks, smooth the lotuin out and up towards the ears.

Squeeze out another drop of tanner on fingers and rub them across your forehead and out toward the hairline.

Glide any remaining tanner over the nose and chin, starting at the center and moving outward.

3. Apply Blush

Allow tanner to dry for the recommended amount of time.

Apply a sheer pink cream or gel blush to the apples of your cheek to mimic a natural post-sun flush.

Types of Tanners:

For fair skin:

-Clarins radiance-plus self tanning cream-gel(1)- has a low concentration of DHA.

-Neutrogena build-a-tan gradual sunless tanning face SPF 15 - builds up color over several days.

For medium to olive skin:

-Chanel precision soleil identite perfect colour face self-tanner(3) - has more DHA to highlight your tawny complexion.

-Estee Lauder sun performance self tanner for face (4) - has added moisturizers to extend the tan's life span.

For Dark skin:

-Clarins self tanning milk (6) - evens dark skin and brighten ashiness

or

-Biotherm sunfitness autobronzant self-tanner (7)

-Safe Tan (8) - dries more quickly than most dark formulas.

Latest posts

Back