How to get that "polished" look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to get a more flawless look with liquid foundation for sure, though I rarely wear it because my pressed mineral powder foundation is just so much easier to put on!!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle I could post pics where I´m wearing Hyper Real and some where I´m wearing a matte foundation, for comparison....if this would be any help for you.
confused.gif
Please do!

Hey Trish when you use your NARS bronzer, do you use it all over or just as a highlighter? I wanna find a bronzer that'd match my face color more to my neck/body. Aaand what difference would it make for you if you didn't mix in Chantecaille? I'm interested in their foundations. Heh sorry for the off-topicness

Originally Posted by Marisol Please do! ok here we go...hope this is any help!
pic #1: MAC Studio Fix

pic #2: MAC Hyper Real (applied with #187 brush. I also applied Mineralize Skinfinish Shimpagne...this all adds to the glowy effect)

Those ipcs are fab Arielle.. You really are glowing in the 2nd pic although did you use Shimpagne on your cheeks in the first pic too or is that just the light?

Girls, i followed all your advice today & i know now what my problem was. I gave up on my applying my foundation with a brush because it takes my longer than when i just use my fingers but i got up earlier today to use the foundation brush and HOLY COW there's such a difference. I also used my concealer brush instead of my fingers. Brushes do make such a difference, dont they!

no I didn´t use shimpagne in the first pic.must be the light, I was only wearing MAC Bronzer.

I´m glad you did use your fdt. brush after all...since I used mine for the first time I never went back to using my fingers again. same with the concealer brush of course.

and I also noticed the longer I "massage" the fdt in with my brush the smoother it looks. and sometimes (in summer) I don´t let my moisturizer sink in the skin that much, I just wait for like 2min and then apply the fdt over it and it´s soo easy to apply that way and looks more natural.

good luck on trying out different techniques...I don´t think it´s all that much about using ONE certain product (although I still love my hyper real *lol*), but having the right technique and brushes.

That's what i did today, exactly what you described. I didnt leave my moisturiser sink in for too long & i kept on "massaging" my face with the brush to make sure everything was smooth
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Those ipcs are fab Arielle.. You really are glowing in the 2nd pic although did you use Shimpagne on your cheeks in the first pic too or is that just the light?
Girls, i followed all your advice today & i know now what my problem was. I gave up on my applying my foundation with a brush because it takes my longer than when i just use my fingers but i got up earlier today to use the foundation brush and HOLY COW there's such a difference. I also used my concealer brush instead of my fingers. Brushes do make such a difference, dont they!

Me too! I dug mine out and used it with my cream (CoverGirl Advanced Radiance) and it goes on so much smoother and melds into the skin the more I brush over my skin...I think I will be waking up 5minutes earlier to have more time to use my brush...now I have to try it with my other liquids to see if it works equally well! Topped with the WetnWild AOS, and I'm glowy
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle ok here we go...hope this is any help!
pic #1: MAC Studio Fix

pic #2: MAC Hyper Real (applied with #187 brush. I also applied Mineralize Skinfinish Shimpagne...this all adds to the glowy effect)

That's a definite difference, Arielle! You're so pretty too! I certainly don't have perfect skin, so maybe I'll stick to keeping the shimmery stuff on my shoulders and off my face ;-)

thanks for sharing that, arielle! you look great in both pics
icon_cheesygrin.gif

lau, i don't understand how it takes longer to use a brush. to me, it's SO much quicker because everything goes on more smoothly and i don't have to spread it all out with my fingers again. i LOVE my brush and i haven't used my fingers since i bought a brush.

i noticed that when i don't wait a half hour before putting my foundation on after i've moisturized my skin looks dewy, but then i've noticed it doesn't last as long, either.

For me, I don't get that polished, glowing look from make-up per se, but from drinking a lot of water, taking my multivitamin (GNC Women's UltraMega), and taking a teaspoon of liquid flaxseed oil everyday.

Back