How was your weekend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls,

So how did everyone's weekend go? I wasn't online much because a friend of the familys died on Friday so between organising things, going to the removal, funeral etc.. i didn't have much time at my PC. I did go out for dinner on Friday evening though with my family because my parents were going on hols today for 2 weeks. I gave mum a HUGE list of all the make up i wanted! *fingers crossed she brings back lots*

So spill the beans girlies, what did ye all get up to? Any shopping??

OUr weekend was spend in the sunny southern california sun. Was beautiful out here.

Anyhow, Trisha, never been to a funeral? WOW. The saddest one I went to was my own father's funeral.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha

Were you close to the person that died Laura?? I am sorry anyways, I have never been to a funeral ever, so I can't imagine what its like x
I was working both Sat/Sun, so I didnt do much

I bought a new blush, thats about it!

Estee Lauder Tender Blush in Peach Nuance

Yeah when a father passes, man, it's tough. I am still not over it

Originally Posted by Trisha

I should count myself lucky really. The only family I have in the world is my Mum & Dad, I'm an only child. My dad has no living family, and we have nothing to do with my Mums side of the family. so its just the 3 of us (plus pets!)

I had a very nice weekend. Was sunny and warm here in Texas. Didn't do any shopping. Just did house/yard work, laundry, cleaning, etc. Felt like I got alot accomplished.

Laura, I'm sorry about your family member dying.

Trisha, I love that new EL blush you got. Does it have shimmer, pearl or a matte finish. Might have to try that one out.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Tony, I have both my Mother and Father and consider myself lucky to still have them. I know it must be really hard loosing a parent. I am sorry.

edited to add...I did buy some flowers for my outside pots!

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, I LOVE pearl finishes! Gotta go check that one out!
cool.gif

laura, i'm sorry for your loss.

my weekend was pretty bad. my boss's wife went into labor yesterday during a huge hit at work (restaurant) and she started having complications and got the phone call, so he went crazy, the kitchen got backed up, customers were complaining, etc. i wanted to walk out and cry. people can be so cruel
frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Tony.
frown.gif
The circumstances around my grandfather's death were very difficult -- took me about 10 years to be at peace. I thank God that I have both of my parents and 3 of my grandparents still with me.

But on a lighter note, in regards to my weekend:

Friday was my first official day of work with MAC and I worked the whole weekend. Nordstroms had a big beauty event, so the store was jam packed & we did lots of makeovers. I'm slowly learning where everything is, getting a little faster at the register... my co-workers are sweeties & have been really helpful, answering all my questions. I love the fast-paced environment -- keeps me constantly busy and on my toes!

Oh, and last night I saw SIN CITY. Pretty cool!!

I'm sorry about your father, Tony.

Laura, I'm sorry about your family friend.

I've never lost anyone close to me. Not looking forward to it, but it's inevitably a part of life.
icon_sad.gif

On the lighter topic of my weekend... I did some shopping and bought another MAC doubles blush, Cashew/Rosewood, and a Blue Peep Fluidliner. I FINALLY bought Blue Peep from the MAC freestanding store because I have been waiting for almost a month for my MAC order to come in. However, it never got here. Two weeks after they supposedly first shipping the item, I called and the rep told me she would order a reshipment. So I waited, but it didn't come. So on Saturday (two weeks after the supposed reshipment), I called again and the rep told me that there was a computer glitch and the reshipment never went out. So she ordered a reship. But the MAC website indicated that Blue Peep was sold out! So I called back and cancelled the entire order and went to the MAC store to pick up Blue Peep. I'm happy to report that I am in LOVE with Blue Peep.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I also spent time at my parent's house from Saturday afternoon to Sunday evening, which is why I wasn't online most of the weekend. Although they have internet access, it's only on one computer, which is constantly being hogged by a teenager and a pre-teen.

Sorry to hear this Laura. My thoughts are w/you & your friend's family.

~HUGS~

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yeah when a father passes, man, it's tough. I am still not over it No death is easy Tony. ~HUGS~

Laura sorry to hear of the death of your friend, it is never easy, our thoughts are with you.

Tony sorry to hear about the death of your dad.

I unfortunately am around both happiness and death, I work at a florist. It is very hard to work with family members in their time of need. I find myself getting choked up even when you have no idea who the person was. And you see all ages. The hardest one by far was several weeks ago when a boy lost his life to cancer, he was just 3. I have to deliver the flowers to the funeral home as well. It's tough all around. On a happier note I do also get to see the birthdays, births, anniversaries and other happy occasions.

As for my weekend, I went and ordered my dress for a friend wedding that I will be in, coming up in November, very pretty dress! Then my whole family headed out to the movies and saw the Pacifier. Very cute movie, the kids loved it. Vin had an upper body that doesn't stop! And then on Sunday I slept all day cause I was up sick all night. Fun!

I'm also sorry for your losses, Laura, and Tony...

My weekend was not much fun. Spent all weekend working on a computer program for a class and I still can't figure out what's wrong with it.
frown.gif
Plus I have tons of stuff due in the next 3 weeks so I need to get this program done as soon as I can!

Sorry for your losses Lau & T...
icon_sad.gif

I really didn't do much at all this weekend. Hung around the house... hung out with my friend - that's about it. No shopping, nothing exciting!
icon_rolleyes.gif

well, I went partying to chicago this weekend!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I went there friday, was supposed to come back saturday, enden up leaving sunday evening!!!! I hardly slept, came home at about 6-7 am both nights, and got up at 9-10 am already!! God, I was so BEAT on Sunday. I couldn't get up this morning to go to class!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
( I haven't done this in a long time)

This was an absolutely unplanned trip! (these are always the best) A friend from Chicago called Friday night around 7 to say Hi, and an hour later I was on my way to Chicago (3 hour drive, not so bad).

But I have to tell you, I've tried THE BEST Burger in my LIFE this weekend!!!!!!! It was a $19 burger, so it better be good!!

Now I'm hungry..

My Weekend was bestest of worst.....I found out i got a job on friday the next day (saturday) i got a Ticket for no fault....as soon as i got home thinking to do traffic school online find out notbook's hard drive damaged making sound and coming a blue screen...omg...all my 3 years projects, hw, web designs works, database, my musics, movies all gone....then went to Compusa to find out if they recover data from hard drive. one of employee David gave me a card saying call them they will tell you what to do...then i was happy at least i could recover my data in a cost. so i called the company "Data Recovery Center" lady i spoke to told me just to evaluate the machine it will cost me $100.00 and to recover the data the minimum price will from $200 to $3000....I was like ok i called wrong dept. I was depressed and move to "Best Buy" to buy internal hard drive...cost $199.99 for 100 GB...and they also told me they can recover the data for me at cost of $62.00 chepest then Data recover center...I Hope they will recover my data.....when i was heading to highway guess what happen...accident...one driver of my left lane was driving with two havy doors on top of his Van. so the doors opend and flwed. when i saw it was heading to my car window i paused the break so hard behind me 4 other car crasheed.....oh My LORD...Thank GOD am fine...but now i feel pain at my by back....more worst the person who actually hit me behind he took off..how stupid...as soon as he saw the cops coming he just ran away...so sunday went to garage to find out an estimate and temporary fix the car....$ 5000 estimated...CV joint broke, it's licking...tire bust, ABS sign, Security alarm broke, light fuse for power, back bumper broke...all this things going with my weekend I am thnankfull to Allah...that Am Alive...
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Miranhat My Weekend was bestest of worst.....I found out i got a job on friday the next day (saturday) i got a Ticket for no fault....as soon as i got home thinking to do traffic school online find out notbook's hard drive damaged making sound and coming a blue screen...omg...all my 3 years projects, hw, web designs works, database, my musics, movies all gone....then went to Compusa to find out if they recover data from hard drive. one of employee David gave me a card saying call them they will tell you what to do...then i was happy at least i could recover my data in a cost. so i called the company "Data Recovery Center" lady i spoke to told me just to evaluate the machine it will cost me $100.00 and to recover the data the minimum price will from $200 to $3000....I was like ok i called wrong dept. I was depressed and move to "Best Buy" to buy internal hard drive...cost $199.99 for 100 GB...and they also told me they can recover the data for me at cost of $62.00 chepest then Data recover center...I Hope they will recover my data.....when i was heading to highway guess what happen...accident...one driver of my left lane was driving with two havy doors on top of his Van. so the doors opend and flwed. when i saw it was heading to my car window i paused the break so hard behind me 4 other car crasheed.....oh My LORD...Thank GOD am fine...but now i feel pain at my by back....more worst the person who actually hit me behind he took off..how stupid...as soon as he saw the cops coming he just ran away...so sunday went to garage to find out an estimate and temporary fix the car....$ 5000 estimated...CV joint broke, it's licking...tire bust, ABS sign, Security alarm broke, light fuse for power, back bumper broke...all this things going with my weekend I am thnankfull to Allah...that Am Alive...
icon_biggrin.gif
Oh my god Mina! Have you seen the doctor about your back? I really hope that everything is okay & that you can sort things out with your insurance!
*HUGS*

OMG Mina, are you ok? Sounds like you had one hectic weekend. Thanks for all the messages girls. And sorry about your dad Tony
frown.gif
My grand parents both died within months of each other 2 years ago & my mum is still in pieces over it.

Yea Joy I have seen doctors more then coouple times already
icon_rolleyes.gif
and am doing just fine....thanks to all of you....
icon_smile.gif
am getting better so mine car guess what iam getting new car which is good for me...with new brand...hey guys give me some very valuable and moder car name...and very good engine...I am not familiar with cars...
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back