How's everybody's Christmas preparations going?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are you done with Christmas shopping?

I am pretty much. I still have to get a couple of things but other than that I'm done.
icon_smile.gif
Last year I left everything until the last minute and I hated it so I wasn't going to do that this year. I just wrapped our son's presents and that was a job! Now I can enjoy December and relax. I'm going to do Christmas decoration around the house tomorrow.

I'm half & half Reija.. Bought a few things online for people so i'm waiting on them to be delivered but i've not much to buy in the shops which is cool! I was like you last year aswell, left everything to the last minute & couldn't enjoy myself til i had everything bought & wrapped

Hello,

I finished all my decorating (except the trees - yes, trees - we put up our big one in the front room by the window and a smaller one in our living room) today but have done *minimal* shopping.
icon_redface.gif
Oh, we also got all our outside lights & decorating done - whew!!
icon_lol.gif

I hope to have my Christmas cards done by tomorrow, and the trees will be up, too. As far as shopping goes...well...I'll do some over the next couple of weeks. Personally, I like getting a few last minute gifts (not the big, important ones, though!!) just to be a part of the hustle and bustle during the holiday season.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Merry Christmas (or season's greetings) all!

Ugh - I still have a bunch of shopping to do! Last year I was done in November, but for some reason, this year I have no "oomph" to go out there and finish! LOL

I am almost done Reija. We have been buying ton's of pressies and since i Love Christmas i have enjoyed wrapping everything up. I always think Christmas Decorations cheer the place up and makes it look nice.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm almost done with shopping. One more present, and I'm good! Just gotta wrap them all.

The Christmas tree needs to be decorated, and that will make our Christmas decorating finished as well.

I love Christmas!
smile.gif

i finished in October, but am waiting to pull a name for Secret Santa. i'll probably get a gift card for my postal carrier, but i can do that anytime.

We have our Christmas tree up and I've bought a few gifts online -- but I won't have time to go shopping for the rest of my gifts until after Finals Week! (I also won't have time to write Christmas cards til after finals -- if I can write all my cards in one day *maybe* everyone will receive them before Christmas! lol )

My daughter and I got the tree up last week, my husband got most of the outdoor lights up Friday, still have some more to go though. I am pretty much done shopping for my youngest daughter, just have to try and snag my oldest to go do some shopping now (wish me luck
icon_rolleyes.gif
), she works night shift and sleeps a lot during the day so it's not easy getting her out to shop, I did pick her up a couple of things though. I got the Christmas cards all mailed out Friday too. I need to get going with my baking list though, cookies and breads for family and friends and also order platters for Christmas day, after all the cooking I do on Thanksgiving I decided a few years ago that for Christmas I'm not going to do a lot of cooking anymore, so for us it's now the annual Christmas Cubanito Sandwich Platter
icon_lol.gif

I still have a few more gifts to pick up this weekend - a few Hallmark ornaments. I bought quite a few gifts last year, right after the holidays, so I got sales and avoided most of the Christmas rush! LOL! Looking forward to doing that again this year!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back