Hurricane Ivan

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just sending out good vibes for anyone in the path of Ivan. Please stay safe.

Good luck and be safe everyone! Here's a few last-minute bits of advice from moi...

[*]Get your coolers ready and stock your freezer full of bag ice BEFORE the power goes out.

[*]Candlesticks are cheaper and burn brighter than jar candles. If you don't have candlesticks, stick the candles in coffee mugs filled with dirt or sand.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Get your coolers ready and stock your freezer full of bag ice BEFORE the power goes out. Sorry for my ingorance girlie but why would you need ice in a storm??? Luckily enough we've never had a hurricane in Ireland coz i wouldn't know what to do. Hope everybody stays safe
smile.gif

The ice is for when the hurricane knocks out the electricity. No electricity no fridge, so the ice is to keep food/drinks cold.

Stay safe everyone.

Originally Posted by laura127 Sorry for my ingorance girlie but why would you need ice in a storm??? Luckily enough we've never had a hurricane in Ireland coz i wouldn't know what to do. Hope everybody stays safe
smile.gif

When big storm cometh, electricity go bye-byeth! Gotta have something to keep in the Coleman coolers if you want to keep milk and lunch meat, or try to salvage anything from the fridge.

When Frances came through the other week, we were without power for four days. Sunday 5:15 a.m. though Wednesday 10:10 p.m. And ice from the store will disappear almost immediately when local power goes.

Originally Posted by laura127 Sorry for my ingorance girlie but why would you need ice in a storm??? Luckily enough we've never had a hurricane in Ireland coz i wouldn't know what to do. Hope everybody stays safe
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back