I feel ugly without makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hon, you sound like you really hate yourself. And that's not good. Makeup is fun, but it's just a way to enhance what is already there. You are using it as a crutch for your non existent self esteem.

Honestly, the way you talk about yourself and describe how you think about yourself without the make up is really sad. I think you should really think about seeing a psychologist so you can work out why you are so down on yourself. Nobody deserves to feel that way about yourself. 

I didn't start wearing make up until 2007/2008 and I had to get used to the way I looked with make up on. then I was so used to wearing make up I thought I looked funny without it. but I have learned to love myself either way and embrace both looks with and without make up

Quote: Originally Posted by Dalila /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hon, you sound like you really hate yourself. And that's not good. Makeup is fun, but it's just a way to enhance what is already there. You are using it as a crutch for your non existent self esteem.

Honestly, the way you talk about yourself and describe how you think about yourself without the make up is really sad. I think you should really think about seeing a psychologist so you can work out why you are so down on yourself. Nobody deserves to feel that way about yourself. 

I completely agree with this statement. I have BDD as well, and I have a lot of trouble even going out because I feel that even WITH makeup I look horrible. It's a terrible disorder, and I am seeking help for it; I agree that you should look for a psychologist who specializes in BDD, they will help change your attitude toward yourself, which I look forward to in my own life. Good luck!

This is n interesting question for me and one that hits home.  I don't really feel ugly without makeup, well I did.  I wanted to wear it for a long time, but could not.  I watched other girls wearing it and looking so beautiful and it made me feel ugly.  Then when I finally could wear it I was to self conscious and shy to wear it in public.  Even when I dressed up for work or to go out with friends I would wear only lip gloss.   I finally decided I had to.  It was a personal obstacle I felt I need to get over, so one day I put on a basic face and went to work!  I was so nervous, but the first day I got so many nice compliments I actually felt better about myself than I did for a long time!   I now feel undone without makeup.  I prefer to be seen with it and feel pretty.   I do go without makeup too and still feel pretty.  I guess its because I needed to build confidence in who I am.  So I guess while I now I prefer makeup I don't feel ugly without it anymore. I hope I made sense...lol

Well, I totally understand your story. I have gone through the same for 20 years. After I couldn't take it anymore and went to a dermatologist to get acne pills. Still taking them. Besides I am using using a BB creme for the blemishes. Maybe something to consider for you too ;)?

Everyone is beautiful in their own way. You just need to feel confident about yourself and do good. You can achieve big things in life with hard work there is no role of a pretty face. 

Just remember that it is your inner beauty which makes you beautiful.

You don't as per me. You might have oily skin or some dirt due to which we have a bad look. I too have a bad look in that sense but after washing it out and cleaning the dirt or mess I feel better. For oily skin, you can try tissues to wipe as well and after which wash might make it best. You are beautiful in your own way even without makeup. For sure we wear makeup to look even prettier do you should surely wear but never forget your own reality.

If you believe that you are one ugly person out of many, then you need to learn to come to terms with being ugly. If you believe you are uniquely and exceptionally ugly, then you need to learn to learn to have a healthier perception of yourself.

I am the same. These days I see putting on make-up as part of my daily grooming, as in I wouldn't want to see anyone before my shower or brushing my teeth or hair. I would, however, love to have porcelain skin, naturally black eyelashes and brows so that I don't 'need' makeup. But I like putting it on and trying new lipsticks and so on. 

But basically, I feel very ugly without it.

I am 58 and have always felt this.

Back