I hate my feet!! HATE 'EM!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I hate my feet...I have dry, scaly heels. I have tried a number of things, but I've not been particularly impressed by any of them. (I've heard of soaking them in milk, but I haven't tried that one yet!) Does anybody have anything they just swear by for getting rid of heel callouses?

I had a similar problem because I run around in flip flops all the time. What worked for me was rubbing about 1/4 tsp of olive oil on the heels, and then wrapping them in saran wrap and putting socks over them. You do this at night and you wake up with soft, much improved feet! It was suggested to me by my doctor! I'm not joking! The saran wrap helps lock the moisture in. It takes some getting used to, but it works.

Originally Posted by WearThePinkRibbon Definitely going to try that tonight!! Posted in bath & body forum..Just found B&BW Shea isn't so foot cream..My feet are pretty dry too as I'm always wearing sandles..This lotion is wonderful..Peppermint scented and tingley and extremely moisturizing..I totally agree with Cali's Saran wrap sugesstion also_Or there are spa socks that are gel lined to hold in moisture..You can find them at B&BW as well or blissworld.com

Originally Posted by WearThePinkRibbon Okay, I hate my feet...I have dry, scaly heels. I have tried a number of things, but I've not been particularly impressed by any of them. (I've heard of soaking them in milk, but I haven't tried that one yet!) Does anybody have anything they just swear by for getting rid of heel callouses? Funny you posted about this, coz i put on a pair of flip flops yesterday for the first time since last AUGUST & i took them off straight away coz i hated my feet showing. I dont have dry feet or anything but i just think they are ugly!!

LOL! I think my feet are not so cute either, but I love flip flops so I made up my mind not to care! It works for me!

Originally Posted by Californian LOL! I think my feet are not so cute either, but I love flip flops so I made up my mind not to care! It works for me!

I never HATED them really til my SO started messing with me sayin i'd manly feet. Now im just paranoid. Hate him for doing that!

Originally Posted by WearThePinkRibbon Definitely going to try that tonight!! How'd that end up working for ya? I'm kinda curious to try it myself as my feet sound like they're in the same condition as yours.

Originally Posted by laura127 I never HATED them really til my SO started messing with me sayin i'd manly feet. Now im just paranoid. Hate him for doing that! LOL! OMG. No no no. That's NOT nice. He must be a little defensive about his small tootsies! Maybe he needs reassurance that he is apt in size. Cough.
If it makes you feel any better, my feet are only about 1/2" shorter than my husband's. When we watch t.v. together and put our feet on the foot rest, it humors me. Sure, I'd love to have cute, petite feet, but I don't. THey just get me to where I want to go and they do what I tell them to do! THerefore, I do not punish them!

This is declared "Be Nice to Your Tootsies Day!!!"

hhbanner4.jpg
You don't have to be perfect to be loved. Look at Shrek!

Ah SHREK, i love that film.. The 2nd one isnt out here until oct or something
frown.gif

Whole Foods Market has them. Do an online search under essential oil. Bag Balm works. Soak feet in a combo of epsom & sea salts for 10 minutes, massage in bag balm & use cotton socks. Castor oil is another healing thicker oil, also helps arthritic joints, make sure you find the food grade oil by Home Health, not the clear kind used as an emetic internally. Consider adding essential fatty acids to your diet: flaxseed, evening primrose, borage, pumpkin seed, the Omega 3-6-9 blends, or Udo's Blend. Also eat olive oil w/food or organic coconut oil instead of any margarines, or frying oils. Dehydration can show up as a reaction, like an allergy to cleaning fluids on carpets, or sensitivity to nylon, acrylic, wool. Generally, try using natural white cotton socks til they heal & then use sandals or shoes that have a suede lining on the bottom. Avoid synthetic footwear.

Wow! What a wealth of information! Thank you SOOO much! I wish we had a WHole Foods in my city. The closest is about 40 minutes away, but I have seen so much about Whole Foods that I think I might have to make a special trip! (We don't really have a good alternative where I live, either!)

Yeah! Try pure unrefined shea butter; shea butter with no added fragrance or other ingredients mixed into it. Your feet will be 10 years old again.

You're welcome - you might not have to make a big todo over this. I often find alternatives as WF can be pricey. Example: Crisco (& you can get an organic crisco at health food store) is recommended by plastic surgeons after facelifts bec. it's neutral & vegetable based. Also, a simple scrub you can make without spending an arm & a leg, in the baking section, get whole mile powder & rice flour, mix them, put in a plastic tupperware deal & use with your favorite gel or cream cleanser, & it's a good soak for feet too.

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH You're welcome - you might not have to make a big todo over this. I often find alternatives as WF can be pricey. Example: Crisco (& you can get an organic crisco at health food store) is recommended by plastic surgeons after facelifts bec. it's neutral & vegetable based. Also, a simple scrub you can make without spending an arm & a leg, in the baking section, get whole mile powder & rice flour, mix them, put in a plastic tupperware deal & use with your favorite gel or cream cleanser, & it's a good soak for feet too. Next, use the tupperware to serve horsd'oevoures to your mother-in-law. After all, effeciency is highly valued here at MuT.
newpigflies.gif

I use Vaseline on my feet at night and just put on some cotton socks. I wake up and my feet are nice and smooth.

Gotta luv it - the ol' MIL fornicating under commission of the king....truly an acronym worthy of it's saltiness....& endorsed by King Edward so&so in Great Britain....date uncertain, probably you can do a search...

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Gotta luv it - the ol' MIL fornicating under commission of the king....truly an acronym worthy of it's saltiness....& endorsed by King Edward so&so in Great Britain....date uncertain, probably you can do a search... wait... how did we get from tupperware to fornication? lol

I am on my feet for around 8-10 hours a day when I am at work, so my feet are a little rough, the only thing I do to keep my feet looking smooth and pretty, is get a pedicure. I get about 2-4 every month, though it is easy for me cause i am in a salon/spa all day I get my for free(well not really cause I cut and color her hair) But in any case when I am not able to get one. I buy slothing lotion from sally's. I rub that on my feet, and the dead skin rubs away, sometimes i use one of those file things too. Then I rinse them off and put on some heavy duty lotion with some thick socks, and sleep with them all night. And in the morning my feet are soft soft soft.

Latest posts

Back