I have a "client" tomorrow.. help please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
I know, I know.. I am a makeup artist, I should know exactly what to put on someone, right? Well, I just thought I could come here for advice just to see what ya'll have to say! Sometimes I get stuck when thinking about colors for particular people. Here is a desc. of what she looks like .. sorry, she doesn't have a picture online!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

For a very formal event. She wants a sexy, dramatic look, but not scary.

Short blonde hair cut in an A-line. It's orange-red underneath.

Very pale skin with light freckles.

Light eyebrows, blondish, dark blue eyes, long lashes.

She's wearing a sleek black dress.

Red lipstick looks weird on her. I am thinking more peach/pink bronzey. What do you guys think?

I agree about the peach, bronze colors to create a warm look. I think those colors would look great on her!

Yay! I have one of those palettes! Reija.. my client looks a lot like you.. so if anything, you would be the expert! =) Thanks!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I like a smokey eye w/a soft bronze cheek & peachy lip. As long as the bronze isn't too orange, she'll be fine.

She just left and she looks SO HOT! Unfortunately, my camera's battery died, so I told her she MUST get someone to take her photo at the event tonight. It's a Gay Oscar Gala, and she's a Red Bull distributor, so she's going to pass out cans to people all night.

I used the following:

Clinique Moisture Surge Gel , helped the makeup go on nice and smooth

Estee Lauder Maximum Cover in Ivory, really hides dark circles, zits, etc, using my Benefit foundation brush.

Christian Dior foundation powder, lightest shade using my Chanel kabuki brush.

The coverage looked super great, she wanted her freckles covered and it worked out.

I used a cheap Prestige eyebrow pencil in Taupe and it worked out very good on her blonde brow hairs. It actually turned them strawberry blonde like her highlights, worked out perfect.

I used Benefit Lemon Aid as a primer for her eyes and to brighten up her lids.

E/S was Benefit Trust Fund Baby, a silvery taupe, really brought out her blue eyes and automatically gives a smokey look. In the crease, using my Chanel #12 crease brush, I used MAC Sketch, a dark plum, and it made her eyes look bigger. I dusted EMANI light gold mineral powder e/s over the top of the bottom lid and highlighted her brow bone with it. I used my cheap art store brush and MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, dusting MAC Sketch over the top to give it a smokey dark plum look. On the bottom rim of her eye, I used MAC Foxy Lady eyeliner, it's a burgundy shimmer liner and it made her eyes totally pop. I used an angled brush to dust a little MAC Sketch underneath that and then topped it all off with Estee Lauder's Magnascopic mascara in black, made her lashes look fake!

On the cheeks, I used my good ole Prestige XXL bronzer powder and my Benefit blush brush to bring out her cheek bones. She's really pale, so it added a lot of depth to her face, and she added that it made her face look really skinny. I used Benefit's Black Orchid creme highlighter in "Perfect Alibi" to create that perfect skin glow. For blush, I used Benefit's "take a picture" blush, which is a peach/pink, just like NARS Orgasm.

The lips were my favorite part, I had a dream about them before I did it, I am weird like that. First I pat on Benefit Lip Plump as a primer. I used The Body Shop lip liner in a really neutral peach/brown shade (I gave it to her, so I am not sure of the name) I used with my Benefit lip brush, the new Clinique lip laquer in Almost Famous, a very shiny copper color with peach tones. Over the top, I sealed in the color with the Clinique lip laquer in New Rain, a very high gloss pot with pinky peach tones and a lot of shimmer. For a 3-d effect, I used Pamela Anderson's favorite lipstick, MAC Tanarama, a very light gold frost, I dotted that in the middle of her bottom lip and a dot on the top. Her lips looked HUGE after this process and she was embarassed by her new DSL that I had created for her. heheh!

That was not all.. we then straightened her naturally curly hair with a Vidal Sasson straightening iron and I used the best stuff in the world to lay the flyaways and frizzies down, Kenra's Texturizing Taffy. This is the best, and I gave her a little pot of it to take with her just in case she needed it.

She slipped on her slinky black dress and stiletto heels and she hugged me a million times. Happy people !!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Awesome Scarlette! Glad it worked out so well! Sounds like it looked really good - but you better hunt her down for that pic!!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Scarlette, I loved reading what all you did to her face and how! Very neat---I'd love to see a pic too! How long did it take you to do it all?

Oh really?? Alot like me? COOL! lol

Thanks for everything Scarlette, it's users like you that keep our forum hoppin'

Originally Posted by Scarlette

Yay! I have one of those palettes! Reija.. my client looks a lot like you.. so if anything, you would be the expert! =) Thanks!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh shoooooooooot! Pics would have been soo cool of this. Is she contactable? Or is this going to far lol

At anyrate, I bet she looks superb!!

Originally Posted by Scarlette

She just left and she looks SO HOT! Unfortunately, my camera's battery died, so I told her she MUST get someone to take her photo at the event tonight. It's a Gay Oscar Gala, and she's a Red Bull distributor, so she's going to pass out cans to people all night.
I used the following:

Clinique Moisture Surge Gel , helped the makeup go on nice and smooth

Estee Lauder Maximum Cover in Ivory, really hides dark circles, zits, etc, using my Benefit foundation brush.

Christian Dior foundation powder, lightest shade using my Chanel kabuki brush.

The coverage looked super great, she wanted her freckles covered and it worked out.

I used a cheap Prestige eyebrow pencil in Taupe and it worked out very good on her blonde brow hairs. It actually turned them strawberry blonde like her highlights, worked out perfect.

I used Benefit Lemon Aid as a primer for her eyes and to brighten up her lids.

E/S was Benefit Trust Fund Baby, a silvery taupe, really brought out her blue eyes and automatically gives a smokey look. In the crease, using my Chanel #12 crease brush, I used MAC Sketch, a dark plum, and it made her eyes look bigger. I dusted EMANI light gold mineral powder e/s over the top of the bottom lid and highlighted her brow bone with it. I used my cheap art store brush and MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, dusting MAC Sketch over the top to give it a smokey dark plum look. On the bottom rim of her eye, I used MAC Foxy Lady eyeliner, it's a burgundy shimmer liner and it made her eyes totally pop. I used an angled brush to dust a little MAC Sketch underneath that and then topped it all off with Estee Lauder's Magnascopic mascara in black, made her lashes look fake!

On the cheeks, I used my good ole Prestige XXL bronzer powder and my Benefit blush brush to bring out her cheek bones. She's really pale, so it added a lot of depth to her face, and she added that it made her face look really skinny. I used Benefit's Black Orchid creme highlighter in "Perfect Alibi" to create that perfect skin glow. For blush, I used Benefit's "take a picture" blush, which is a peach/pink, just like NARS Orgasm.

The lips were my favorite part, I had a dream about them before I did it, I am weird like that. First I pat on Benefit Lip Plump as a primer. I used The Body Shop lip liner in a really neutral peach/brown shade (I gave it to her, so I am not sure of the name) I used with my Benefit lip brush, the new Clinique lip laquer in Almost Famous, a very shiny copper color with peach tones. Over the top, I sealed in the color with the Clinique lip laquer in New Rain, a very high gloss pot with pinky peach tones and a lot of shimmer. For a 3-d effect, I used Pamela Anderson's favorite lipstick, MAC Tanarama, a very light gold frost, I dotted that in the middle of her bottom lip and a dot on the top. Her lips looked HUGE after this process and she was embarassed by her new DSL that I had created for her. heheh!

That was not all.. we then straightened her naturally curly hair with a Vidal Sasson straightening iron and I used the best stuff in the world to lay the flyaways and frizzies down, Kenra's Texturizing Taffy. This is the best, and I gave her a little pot of it to take with her just in case she needed it.

She slipped on her slinky black dress and stiletto heels and she hugged me a million times. Happy people !!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi there.. it took about an hour for makeup and an hour for hair. Pretty good! I set out what I wanted to use ahead of time before she arrived and let her pick and choose colors that she liked.

She called this morning to tell me about all the compliments she got from the customers at the gala. She said that she had never felt so beautiful in her whole life and she thanked me for helping make her feel like she won the Oscar for prettiest chick of the night. lol! She even got a date tonight!!! This is why I love being a make up artist, you can change lives and make dreams come true. I actually felt so much better using my own makeup here at home than using just ONE line of makeup at a counter. I had so many choices here and we got to blast music and have fun with it. She was also amazed (and totally sold!) when I used the MAC fluidline on her. It took one sweep on her eyes with my cheap brush and no worry about waiting for it to dry. She wants to buy that stuff now. =)

Pics will be up soon, she said that her picture was taken A LOT last night, so I am sure she's going to email me something.

Originally Posted by Scarlette Hi there.. it took about an hour for makeup and an hour for hair. Pretty good! I set out what I wanted to use ahead of time before she arrived and let her pick and choose colors that she liked.
She called this morning to tell me about all the compliments she got from the customers at the gala. She said that she had never felt so beautiful in her whole life and she thanked me for helping make her feel like she won the Oscar for prettiest chick of the night. lol! She even got a date tonight!!! This is why I love being a make up artist, you can change lives and make dreams come true. I actually felt so much better using my own makeup here at home than using just ONE line of makeup at a counter. I had so many choices here and we got to blast music and have fun with it. She was also amazed (and totally sold!) when I used the MAC fluidline on her. It took one sweep on her eyes with my cheap brush and no worry about waiting for it to dry. She wants to buy that stuff now. =)

Pics will be up soon, she said that her picture was taken A LOT last night, so I am sure she's going to email me something.

That is so cool! I hope she sends those pix asap!!! I'm dying to see them!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back