I need help (pathetic sob story)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would let my hubby join to RPG forum because I am happy with this one and I don't have time for another forum
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OooOOoo We need an RPG (Roll playing game) forum!

Another thing, while it's good to have friends and make friends with people your age, don't discount people of other ages too.

I have friends of all ages and I find that I can learn things from all of them, whether they are younger than me or older.

Think of older folks, even widows, who don't have friends or are lonely just for some conversation with someone. Or a younger person who is about to enter college and needs advice or someone to talk to other than their parents. You can be that person in either situation too.

Friends of all ages are great to have!
smile.gif

Hey Liz, I'm so sorry that you feel this way. i read the posts and the wonderful ladies here have given some great advice. I only wish that there was something that I could say that help too. Unfortunately, I'd get an academy award for shyness. I'm really just posting my 2 cents so that I can send good wishes your way and hope that you'll make friends and overcome the shyness. Good luck!! You'll be just fine... no doubt about that!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

GIrl, I so know what you mean. I moved back home from living in LA and having a lot of friends (who were not the nicest people to begin with) and now 6 yrs later, I can't say that I have a lot of friends. I know its not the quantity of friends that you have but that it is the quality of those relationships. I can honestly say that I have three good friends but they are busy with their lifes (husband, kids, work,etc) that I don't have a chance to hang out that often. I am the single one of the group and it makes it hard to go out with just couples. I hate being a 3rd wheel. THe other friends that I have (more like people to party with) are so into just getting hammered and what not and I don't want that anymore. I did that when I was younger and now I like to go and have a drink and have a good conversation. I may or may not come across as shy here but I am. I sort of get all fumbled when I meet new people and its not until I get to know them that I let myself be myself. Does that make sense?

THe only thing that I recommend is that you try to put yourself out there. I know its hard because you dont work or go to school but maybe at the gym or if you do go to cosmetology school. I think it will be easier to meet people and see if you can build some sort of relationship with them.

Another idea is that your drive up North and I drive south and we meet at the middle (probably San Jose). Just know that you have a friend in me.:icon_love

thanks everyone!!! didn't meet anyone at the gym today. weren't any girls my age (or near my age) there
icon_confused.gif
. there was a few hot guys though!!! LOL!!!

i know how you feel to marisol. i get all fumbly and stuff as well. i know it's not about quantity, i only have 2 best friends(only friends) but they're in my hometown. so i've gotta get my confidence up and get out there. look for a job. and meet people.

Have you tried talking to people online? I know sites like myspace.com have tons of people on there, and you can just chat with people that live nearby (you can do a search) then maybe meet up in person eventually... Does your bf's friends have any girlfriends that you know or hang out together with?
icon_wink.gif

You should totally check out friendster.com (same idea as myspace). You can find people with similar interests, message them, and maybe find someone cool on there?

Also my roommate goes to Starbucks to do work a lot. Somehow, she has met so many people there that she hangs out with now. She has other friends, but she goes alone and I guess people just strike up conversations with her? I dunno, but it works for her and she doesn't even try!

When you get a job, that'll be a great way to make friends too. I used to work in retail when I was in school and we always went out after work. Restuarants are also really social places where you can meet new people. Lifeguarding is another great job for meeting people!

This is kinda random, but I had a friend moving out here last year and he asked me to check out some places that he found on craigslist so he had a place to move into. Well I still talk to the guys in 3 of the houses and hang out with them. So if you're house hunting right now then that's a great way to meet people plus new roomies hand other friends that you can become friends with!

Just remember that you are an cool, fun person. It's intimidating to meet new people, but they are just as nervous as you are. You are a really pretty girl and people may just be intimidated by you even though you are actually super nice because they might assume you are snobby! But most people are always looking for new friends. Just make sure that you look open and friendly (make eye contact, smile a lot) and someone is bound to approach you!

Latest posts

Back