I need help..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think i'm a MAC Brew addict. Its not funny anymore. I always knew i loved the lipstick (because i love nude lips) but now i cant wear anything on my lips without applying Brew over it. Yesterday i tried to be adventurous and i wore Stila Banana Lipglaze on my lips but within 20 minutes, i had applied Brew over it. Today i wore Stila Watermelon Lipglaze on my lips and i've just applied Brew over that now! I need to get over my problem! I don't want to have nude lips forever but i think MAC Brew the only thing that looks good on me.

Any suggestions for lipsticks or glosses that would be really similar but not as nude as Brew so i can ween myself off it?

You need to step away from the Brew sister before you get totally addicted. I can sort understand putting it over Banana (because that sucks on me), but I don't get it with Watermelon
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Have you tried High Tea? That looks nudish in any pictures I've seen of it, plus it has a Tea based name (like Brew) so you'd be weaning yourself off gradually
icon_biggrin.gif

Someone needs to get to Ireland QUICK and take away Laura's lipstick! It sounds like you have other shades of lipgloss/stick, so why don't you try to not use your Brew for a couple days and dig out some lip gloss that you haven't worn for awhile? I like rediscovering other shades if I find myself stuck in a rut. Oh, and no taking the Brew in your purse!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I bought High Tea when it was released and it was too dark on me Lea! I know, i know, i'm weird. Plus i doubt i could get it now because it was LE. And LMAO at it having the tea-based name! And i just realised i spelt weaned wrong too. (doh i'm so stupid!)

LOL @ Anne! Maybe i should do that.. just apply another gloss & accidentally leave Brew at home. Man that would be hard!

Originally Posted by Laura I think i'm a MAC Brew addict. Its not funny anymore. I always knew i loved the lipstick (because i love nude lips) but now i cant wear anything on my lips without applying Brew over it. Yesterday i tried to be adventurous and i wore Stila Banana Lipglaze on my lips but within 20 minutes, i had applied Brew over it. Today i wore Stila Watermelon Lipglaze on my lips and i've just applied Brew over that now! I need to get over my problem! I don't want to have nude lips forever but i think MAC Brew the only thing that looks good on me.
Any suggestions for lipsticks or glosses that would be really similar but not as nude as Brew so i can ween myself off it?

High Tea was dark on you? Hmmm... it's really sheer on me. Guess it's that irish peaches n' cream complexion ya got there!
wink.gif
lol Don't know what else to reccommend? hmm... let me think about it - in the meantime, I've called up the mental insitution - they should be at your house in 20 min. with a straightjacket to keep you contained until we find a replacement to Brew
wink.gif

i suggest sequin lipstick with spice lip pencil.

VIVA GLAM V LIP STICK

KINDA SEXY LIP STICK

Lipstick, Sequin

Shade description: Muted plum-pink

Originally Posted by Laura I think i'm a MAC Brew addict. Its not funny anymore. I always knew i loved the lipstick (because i love nude lips) but now i cant wear anything on my lips without applying Brew over it. Yesterday i tried to be adventurous and i wore Stila Banana Lipglaze on my lips but within 20 minutes, i had applied Brew over it. Today i wore Stila Watermelon Lipglaze on my lips and i've just applied Brew over that now! I need to get over my problem! I don't want to have nude lips forever but i think MAC Brew the only thing that looks good on me.

I think you should take Brew and put it in an envelope and seal it. Write on the envelope:

"I must be more adventurous with my lipcolour. Do not open until 5th September."

I do this with my credit card to stop me using it, so maybe it'll work for Brew?

LOL @ Janelle! I'm still waiting for those guys from the mental institution. There's no sign of them yet. I love your idea Lea. Maybe i might try that.. I dont know how i'm gonna last though. I'll need to rant on here everyday
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine I don't know Laura, I can't seem to remember if it was. yes, Fine China is LE. It was part of the High Tea collection. I got it and I am soo in love with it. I think you´d love it, Laura. I think I`ll be in real trouble once I run out (which should be anytime soon) cause I love it and when I realized that it was already too late to get a backup.
I´m not a big help on your brew addiction though. I only wear nudes and light pinks on my lips so I am sorta in the same boat.
wink.gif

hey Laura

i have 2 chck MAC Brew it might be my favourite

on of my favourite lipgloss is DiorKiss it stay 4 long time

P71600_hero.jpg

Praline 318

774901_sw.jpg

(shimmering peach-toffee)

but i think it will look dark on you i dont know
icon_exclaim.gif

It's a shame Lea, cause a nice bright 'pop' of color on your lips can really make your face come alive, especially in pics.....hmmm.......as far as color suggestions, I think if you head to your local MAC and pick a pinky color that still has a beige base or undertone to it, you might like it. The only one that comes to mind is the viva glam one. Or, do you have the lip liner called 'test pattern'? It's a beigey pale pink color that you could try using with brighter lipsticks to get yourself into those other colors. Slowly you could try using less and less of the lipliner until you like that lipstick by itself. The only thing is, you really have to blend out the lipliner with this color because of how light it is, you don't want the line to be obvious.

Laura, I feel your pain... I'm the same with my "C-Thru" lipglass--hehe.

Have you tried:

"Freckletone" (peachy-nude).

"Moderne" (neutral peachy-beige).

"Honeylove" (neutral mauve-beige).

"Kinda Sexy" (pinky-mauve neutral).

Hope you find the perfect shade
icon_cheesygrin.gif
!

Originally Posted by Laura I bought High Tea when it was released and it was too dark on me Lea! I know, i know, i'm weird. it was too dark on me, too! i was like UGH!
i'm actually not feeling for brew anymore ever since i got naturally eccentric. it's nude, but it's matte on me. i think brew was a bit too pearly for me, if that makes sense.

i've been wearing...

viva glam II lipstick (definitely not nude, but i love it)

peachstock (peach, you saw the pic)

you should try peaches. i think they'll look good on you!

Originally Posted by gamaki Or, do you have the lip liner called 'test pattern'? It's a beigey pale pink color i have that and i think it has too much lavender in it! i don't reach for it at all.

I also agree on Freckletone...I just got it recently. although it´s described as a peachy beige I can´t see very much peach in it. I still like it cause I don´t think peaches look all that good on me

2nd Marisol's rec for Mad Cap lipglass!! It's awesome!! On me, it's a shimmery honey shade with a touch of pink. It's love I tell you.
biggrin.gif

For other recs, try something like Jubilee, Fresh Brew, or VGV lipsticks - I'm a nude and light pinks only girl, and I love those!! Do you wear much lipgloss? I'd recommend Sinnamon Lustreglass. It's great!!

Latest posts

Back