I saw SHU's product at Sephora today :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I couldnt believe my eyes today. I was at the sephora at south coast plaza, and I saw a whole section of shu products. Yes i did!!! I thought i was dreaming cuz i thought they disc. shu. Anyway they had most of the eyeshadows, blushes, powder, and everything. I was so excited but i didnt buy anything cuz i cant.
icon_cry.gif

How often do you go to SCP? I'm going to be there on Fri. for a Stila makeover
smile.gif
Seems like we're never there on the same day! Unless we've seen each other and just don't know it
wink.gif

I go there about once a week. I usually just go to check out sephora and the make up counters for specials and gwps and stuff. hehe

If you're interested, there's a Stila event going on April 9th and 10th only at south coast's nordstrom. They will have make up artists come in and do your make up. You don't have to buy anything, but if you do, there will also be a GWP. The value of the gift is $75. It's 2 lip glazes in a compact and some other stuff.

I was at the stila counter today and I signed up. My appt is on the 9th at 430pm. So if you go, maybe we can see each other. hehe. It should be a fun event.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo How often do you go to SCP? I'm going to be there on Fri. for a Stila makeover
smile.gif
Seems like we're never there on the same day! Unless we've seen each other and just don't know it
wink.gif

That's cool. I'll have to stop by the Nordstrom counters
smile.gif
I usually go to the Stila Pro store for makeovers--I think everyone that works there knows my name now
icon_redface.gif

and I like the Sephora at South Coast. I went to the Downtown Disney one last week, and it seemed a lot messier. Always fun to check out new things
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by maiho I go there about once a week. I usually just go to check out sephora and the make up counters for specials and gwps and stuff. hehe
If you're interested, there's a Stila event going on April 9th and 10th only at south coast's nordstrom. They will have make up artists come in and do your make up. You don't have to buy anything, but if you do, there will also be a GWP. The value of the gift is $75. It's 2 lip glazes in a compact and some other stuff.

I was at the stila counter today and I signed up. My appt is on the 9th at 430pm. So if you go, maybe we can see each other. hehe. It should be a fun event.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I just started my Stila phase recently. hehe Ive been so crazy about stila. I'm not that crazy about MAC anymore. I bought so much stila stuff in the past month on ebay cuz i kept on seeing deals. gosh darn it.

YOu should definitely check out the nordys counter and go to their make over. I want the gwp so bad.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo That's cool. I'll have to stop by the Nordstrom counters
smile.gif
I usually go to the Stila Pro store for makeovers--I think everyone that works there knows my name now
icon_redface.gif

and I like the Sephora at South Coast. I went to the Downtown Disney one last week, and it seemed a lot messier. Always fun to check out new things
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Green w/ Envy..Can't wait to get back to Cali.Shopping in NC bites.A friend of mine tried to place a Shu order at the boutique in Soho(NYC) and half the stuff we wanted wasn't available(either out of stock or they said it was being discontinued)

Originally Posted by maiho I couldnt believe my eyes today. I was at the sephora at south coast plaza, and I saw a whole section of shu products. Yes i did!!! I thought i was dreaming cuz i thought they disc. shu. Anyway they had most of the eyeshadows, blushes, powder, and everything. I was so excited but i didnt buy anything cuz i cant.
icon_cry.gif

Allisong, why don't you write down the Shu products that you want and have someone in Calif. get them for you? It would only be about $4.00 shipping. Just a thought.
icon_question.gif

... Also wondering... has anyone here bought makeup from Ebay and if so, was it ok or not worth it?

Originally Posted by allisong Green w/ Envy..Can't wait to get back to Cali.Shopping in NC bites.A friend of mine tried to place a Shu order at the boutique in Soho(NYC) and half the stuff we wanted wasn't available(either out of stock or they said it was being discontinued)

Trust me..The thought has crossed my mind but none of my friends or family in Cali know the true extent of my addiction...They might try to have my ass commited..LOL Regarding buying cosmetics from ebay..A big Hell ya to that I've gotten some excellent deals..A tip though check feedback..It's key..Multiple negatives or neutrals,Stay far away..All those people can't be wrong

Originally Posted by Californian Allisong, why don't you write down the Shu products that you want and have someone in Calif. get them for you? It would only be about $4.00 shipping. Just a thought.
icon_question.gif

... Also wondering... has anyone here bought makeup from Ebay and if so, was it ok or not worth it?

hi,

I buy make up all the time from ebay, but only if its brand new in box, sealed, and only if it's a lot cheaper than in stores or it's a product i can't get in stores. If i can't save more than $5 or so on a product, i don't even bother with ebay.

One thing I usually don't buy on ebay is foundation, because i don't really trust it. I'm afraid it might be cheap foundation and they just use the bottle, but that's just me. Others have bought before and it's fine.

I have very sensitive skin and a little picky about stuff that goes on my face. I want to make sure what im getting is brand new and it is the actual product i'm getting and not something else

Other wise, i think it's pretty safe to buy make up on ebay, just make sure you read feedbacks and know the reputation of the seller, and make sure you know exactly what color you are getting, and stuff like that. If you are in doubt about anything you see on ebay, just post it here and ask for opinions.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Allisong, why don't you write down the Shu products that you want and have someone in Calif. get them for you? It would only be about $4.00 shipping. Just a thought.
icon_question.gif

I love Stila
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I still like some MAC stuff, but have gotten kind of burnt out with all of their new colletions and stuff.

Anyway, I had fun at my Stila makeover today! Everyone at the pro store is so nice
icon_smile.gif
and because I shop there so much, I got a free foundation! Full-size, illumination liquid foundation!! I had been looking at this, so I'm thrilled that they gave it to me for free
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I also stopped by the Nordie's Stila counter to get my March palette. But, the person there today said they're just doing an event on April 10th, and she wasn't sure about a GWP. Then I stopped by the Brea Mall Nordie's on the way home, and was told that they're having a Stila GWP on March 27th for the Trend Show. With a $50 purchase you get a mascara, 2 lipgloss samples. And I think you also get a convertible eye color. So I went ahead and signed up for that event. Not that I need anymore Stila stuff, but these GWP things are just so tempting!

Originally Posted by maiho I just started my Stila phase recently. hehe Ive been so crazy about stila. I'm not that crazy about MAC anymore. I bought so much stila stuff in the past month on ebay cuz i kept on seeing deals. gosh darn it.
YOu should definitely check out the nordys counter and go to their make over. I want the gwp so bad.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I went to Sephora at South Coast today and they were out of almost all blushes.
icon_frown.gif
I really like the blush I got so I was looking for another color. I was also looking at the Eye Lash Curler since Tinydancer was saying good things about it. I've never used an Eye lash curler so I think it's about time I get one!
icon_redface.gif

Ooh, what's in the GWP? I've never used Stila before. What are your favorites?

You've never used Stila? I really like their eyeshadows. I would also recommend checking out the Spring palettes. You get one all over eyeshadow color, one lid/crease color, a smaller pan of eyeshadow for a liner color, and a blush. It's a nice way to try out several colors at once
smile.gif
They also have really nice lipliners. And if you need any makeup brushes, I really like my Stila set
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Ooh, what's in the GWP? I've never used Stila before. What are your favorites?

I was at South Coast Plaza today too! We should meet up sometime and go shopping together
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I was probably in Sephora around 11:30 this morning. And the Shu eyeshadows are really pretty. I've also heard good things about their eyelash curler. I know I've tried using a drugstore curler, and it doesn't work very well
icon_frown.gif
but curled lashes do look nice!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I went to Sephora at South Coast today and they were out of almost all blushes.
icon_frown.gif
I really like the blush I got so I was looking for another color. I was also looking at the Eye Lash Curler since Tinydancer was saying good things about it. I've never used an Eye lash curler so I think it's about time I get one!
icon_redface.gif

I'll probably go to south coast again today (sat) to look at make up. cuz im just so addicted. hehe Plus i want to pick up some of Stila's LE monthly pans. Cuz they seem like collector's items and maybe someday it will be worth money on ebay. hehehe. We should definitely meet up sometimes.

We should just plan a make up shopping event for the so cal girls.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
what do u all think? Like go get our make up done and stuff.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I was at South Coast Plaza today too! We should meet up sometime and go shopping together
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I was probably in Sephora around 11:30 this morning. And the Shu eyeshadows are really pretty. I've also heard good things about their eyelash curler. I know I've tried using a drugstore curler, and it doesn't work very well
icon_frown.gif
but curled lashes do look nice!

Latest posts

Back