- May 29, 2012
- Reaction score
I want to try Birchbox again! These are my reasons.
- I actually think it would be better to get small samples. I am overwhelmed with how much I have, so I would feel less guilty getting Birchbox than getting something like Boxyluxe and getting a lot of large items.
- I need a new shampoo (yes, something I actually need), and they might send me some. I could actually use their special detangling kit. I have really bad tangling problems. Perhaps it is a somatic expression of my current state of mind. I have those terrible matted knots that won't come out. I almost cut my hair. At least I don't work at a place where you have to look good.
- I have a theory about Birchbox and me that I need to test. I want to start over with a different profile. I always put that I have a Classic beauty style in my profile. I was lying, or rather picking the style I want, not the type I am. Remember when the profile said Classic was like Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn? Who would not pick that? . But I'm not really Classic. I'm not well groomed and classy with my hair neatly in a chignon. I'm really low maintenance. I don't want to be low maintenance. But I am. I am lazy, no motivation to do makeup. However, I remember once when the Birchbox site had a feature called Shop By Your Type, or something like that. They had the types from the beauty profile quiz, and presented a selection of products based on each one. I loved that! I spent a long time perusing the different products for each type. Now I recall everyone saying that they would not choose the low maintenance type because they thought that meant you were not really into beauty, and they would not really send you anything good. But in this feature, it said that if one is low maintenance, one needs even better products. The products need to be multi use, for example. And the products in that section were really good. I can't remember specifically which ones they showed. I need to try to sign up for a box for low maintenance, and maybe I'll get things I really will need and use. I've wanted to test this theory for a long time.
- The price is right.
- I like the boxes to store things.
- Maybe I can get back on my No Buy for March with just the low maintenance box, Please God?
- Can't think of any more enabling excuses at the moment.
Last edited by a moderator: