I want Nordstrom's!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I really would like to have a Nordstrom's in my area. The closest one is like 1 1/2 hours away. The Saks by me just closed at the beginning of the year. So I only have Macy's at our small mall. I want more makeup slection. lol. And they always have a lot of shoes.

Do you think if I emailed them a bunch of times from different email addies, that they'll see that they need to make a Nordies over here???

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Do you think if I emailed them a bunch of times from different email addies, that they'll see that they need to make a Nordies over here??? LOL! But don't you think it's good that temptation is so far away?
wink.gif

What a bummer! Hey they do offer online shopping with $5 flat shipping so I think that's a great deal but it's not the same as going to the counter.
icon_cry.gif
I actually prefer online shopping because then I don't have to deal with the SAs. Maybe write an email to Nordstrom's and ask if there are any future plans for one in your area.

I want a Nordstrom too. The nearest one is about 2500 miles away--across an ocean in California.
icon_cry.gif
We have a Nordstrom Shoes & Rack, but it's just not the same.
icon_sad.gif
They've been saying they're coming to Hawaii, but it's been 10 years since that topic was brought up. Supposedly, they'll be here in 2008, but we'll see....
icon_rolleyes.gif

I do check out the stuff online, but I'm very picky about the colors that I want to buy. Especially with foundations/concealors. And shipping takes forever! So I would have to wait for it to come to me the first time. If I have to return something, I have to ship it to them, then wait for me to ship me out another product! That's like a month! I'm impatient. lol.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I do check out the stuff online, but I'm very picky about the colors that I want to buy. Especially with foundations/concealors. And shipping takes forever! So I would have to wait for it to come to me the first time. If I have to return something, I have to ship it to them, then wait for me to ship me out another product! That's like a month! I'm impatient. lol. Yeah, I agree with you - I hate buying stuff from catalogs or online that I don't know if it will fit or what color it is IRL - I like buying online if I get a good deal, or if the store isn't near me but there is someway I can see what it looks like online in a real picture. Worse comes to worse, sell it here or on Ebay!
smile.gif

Be thankful you at least have a Macy's!
biggrin.gif
In my town, the only department store with a makeup counter is LS Ayer's! (Famous Barr in other cities.) And their makeup section is actually shrinking, Prescriptives left several months ago and they just replaced it with a second Clinique counter!

And in the town I grew up in, the nearest mall of any kind was an hour's drive away!
smile.gif

They'll be here! They're supposed to be located just off of Ala Moana's property... one of their biggest stores yet. It's to stretch from Keeaumoku to where Shokudo (a new restaurant) is located. Shokudo is also in the same building as Angelo Pietro's, across the street of FHB, I believe. I can't quite figure out where exactly they will be though...

Originally Posted by keaLoha I want a Nordstrom too. The nearest one is about 2500 miles away--across an ocean in California.
icon_cry.gif
We have a Nordstrom Shoes & Rack, but it's just not the same.
icon_sad.gif
They've been saying they're coming to Hawaii, but it's been 10 years since that topic was brought up. Supposedly, they'll be here in 2008, but we'll see....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back