I won another competition!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So girls,

do any of ye remember me winning a competition on my local radio station back in October/November?? Well if ye don't then i won a €50 for a local hair salon. I had to go live on air (was mortified
icon_redface.gif
) but i got over it!

Well anyway, there was a comp yesterday & i text in the answer while i was stuck in traffic. This was only the 2nd time EVER that i text in for a comp (the 1st time i won) so there i was driving home when my phone rang. I was wondering what the strange number was.. "Hi Laura, this is REDFM.. you've won the competition" I was screaming all sorts of things & he said i'll ring you back in 5 minutes & you've to go on air to say the answer etc...! So i did!

I won 2 flights to Birmingham (Lea & Trish be ready for me!)!! When they rang back again about 7.30 he said "oh i forgot, don't forget to listen on Friday because the winners from Mon-Thurs competitions will be entered into another draw & the winner gets accommodation, spending money etc..!

So i'm on cloud 9 this morning
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

So you get a haircut and a trip to Birmingham? That's awesome Laura!!

I'm still waiting for Ryan Seacrest to "kill my bills"....
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yup!! Can't wait til Friday to see if i win the whole trip but i'm trying not to think about it.. I text Trish after winning telling her to book me in for a Stila makeover!!

Awww, fun!! Pics, pics!

What are the sights to see in Birmingham? I went to the UK 5 years ago (for a Shakespeare studies program), stayed in Stratford for a month & took weekend trips to London & Edinburgh. I'd love to go back & really get to travel properly, especially through Ireland & Scotland.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I couldn't tell you whats in Birmingham but its cool coz both Trish & Lea live there so i'm sure they'll give me lots of info (won't you girls
wink.gif
)

I've never been to England! I've been to Wales twice before but never England or Scotland!

Originally Posted by Trisha Lea will be better on the "what there is in brum"! I just know about the shops!! LOL
Do you have any more details on it Laurz, like when it is??

Trisha x

I only want to know about the shops! I'm not in to the whole sight-seeing thing! Don't know when it is. I think i can go whenever i want but i'm not entirely sure yet. All i know is I won 2 return flights from Cork to Birmingham! Nothing else!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux How far is the trip for ya Laura? Think its only about 90 mins on a plane! (maybe slightly longer)

Awesome Lau!!!! That is so cool!!! Winning stuff is the best, ain't it?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I never win anything... but its still awesome! The last and only thing I ever won from a radio station was the dvd set of "21 Jump Street" LMAO!
icon_redface.gif
Enjoy your trip whenever you take it... and be sure to take pics !!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Congratulations Laura! I'm sure you'll have a blast! I wish I could win cool contests/drawings like this, but I only get keyrings.
eek.gif

wow that is sooo hot Laura! COOL!

So, make sure you get some pics together for the board!

Originally Posted by Laura

So girls,
do any of ye remember me winning a competition on my local radio station back in October/November?? Well if ye don't then i won a €50 for a local hair salon. I had to go live on air (was mortified
icon_redface.gif
) but i got over it!

Well anyway, there was a comp yesterday & i text in the answer while i was stuck in traffic. This was only the 2nd time EVER that i text in for a comp (the 1st time i won) so there i was driving home when my phone rang. I was wondering what the strange number was.. "Hi Laura, this is REDFM.. you've won the competition" I was screaming all sorts of things & he said i'll ring you back in 5 minutes & you've to go on air to say the answer etc...! So i did!

I won 2 flights to Birmingham (Lea & Trish be ready for me!)!! When they rang back again about 7.30 he said "oh i forgot, don't forget to listen on Friday because the winners from Mon-Thurs competitions will be entered into another draw & the winner gets accommodation, spending money etc..!

So i'm on cloud 9 this morning
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks everyone! Nothing is organised yet but when it is & when i go over i'll post pics after or something
smile.gif

Congrats Laura! That's so awesome! I hope you win on Friday. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Let us know how it goes.
smile.gif

Oh cool!! Do you live near Birmingham Meta?

Thanks Diane! I'll post here as soon as i know *fingers crossed everyone*

Originally Posted by Trisha Lea will be better on the "what there is in brum"! I just know about the shops!! LOL
Do you have any more details on it Laurz, like when it is??

Trisha x

I think we should talk Laura to Perry Barr to see the greyhound racing
icon_lol.gif

On a more serious note though, there is so much to do in Birmingham. There are at least 3 art galleries that I know of, a museum, a Science centre, a world famous concert hall, 4 theatres, a huge cinema, and lots of places to eat and drink. The only city in the world I love as much is Glasgow.

Ok i didn't win the comp tonight for free accommodation, spending money but what harm! They rang me after to get my details to send out the details of my prize!

Latest posts

Back