i'm getting a digital camera!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i sold my old one because i wanted a new one, but that was back in september. my mom told me she wouldn't give me my money for a new one unless i did my college applications (which i've been dreading), but then my guidance counselor gave me a deadline, which is 4/15. so, that means...

NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!!!

25525_180.jpg

it's 5.1 MP, which means i could print out huge pics without it looking all distorted. i also love it because it's SUPER small, which is another reason why i sold my old digi cam (fuijifilm finepix a310). it was just released this year.

it retails for about $280+, plus tax, but i found it for $250, with shipping and tax included
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i'm so excited! does anyone have this cam?

EDIT: i forgot to add it has all these different shooting modes to help take much better pics and one of them are close-ups, so i might just participate in FOTDs without feeling so self-conscious
wink.gif

Whoo hoo!!! We want to see lots of FOTD's now!

By the way, love your new avatar pic...
icon_biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i sold my old one because i wanted a new one, but that was back in september. my mom told me she wouldn't give me my money for a new one unless i did my college applications (which i've been dreading), but then my guidance counselor gave me a deadline, which is 4/15. so, that means...
NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!!!

25525_180.jpg

it's 5.1 MP, which means i could print out huge pics without it looking all distorted. i also love it because it's SUPER small, which is another reason why i sold my old digi cam (fuijifilm finepix a310). it was just released this year.

it retails for about $280+, plus tax, but i found it for $250, with shipping and tax included
icon_cheesygrin.gif

EDIT: i forgot to add it has all these different shooting modes to help take much better pics and one of them are close-ups, so i might just participate in FOTDs without feeling so self-conscious
wink.gif

AWESOME Jen!!! Congrats! Now we get FOTD pics!!! LOL
wink.gif
I don't know anyone with that camera in particular, but Nikon makes good cams - and they use an all glass lens, which makes for great pics no matter what the MP..... (a 3.0 MP all glass is still better than a 5.0MP one that is not all glass - did my homework when shopping~! lol) So I think you'll be more than happy with the pics of a 5.0MP all glass camera... So happy for you!!! enjoy it when you get it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol By the way, love your new avatar pic...
icon_biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

thanks!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 AWESOME Jen!!! Congrats! Now we get FOTD pics!!! LOL
wink.gif
I don't know anyone with that camera in particular, but Nikon makes good cams - and they use an all glass lens, which makes for great pics no matter what the MP..... (a 3.0 MP all glass is still better than a 5.0MP one that is not all glass - did my homework when shopping~! lol) So I think you'll be more than happy with the pics of a 5.0MP all glass camera... So happy for you!!! enjoy it when you get it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
yeah, nikon makes the best, i heard. my cousin and friend are both tech junkies, so they helped me, and i did my homework like you did and settled for this one
icon_cool.gif

thanks!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I have a Sony
wink.gif
how does that work? i heard they're not all that. my cousin had one in croatia and i thought it was pretty good.

Originally Posted by Jennifer

how does that work? i heard they're not all that. my cousin had one in croatia and i thought it was pretty good.

Oh it is amazing with it's 2.5" LCD. Super fast too. I did buy a 1 gigabyte memory stick too...Its what I user and take of Reija in the FOTDS

I have a Canon Powershot (all glass lens like Nikon) (up to 11x total zoom - both optical & digital)takes great pics but there are Sooooo many features & settings it can get tricky!
icon_wink.gif
Takes movies too...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Absolute BEST feature is the swivel screen! LOL (Great for checking out your FOTD positioning!)
tongue.gif

powershot-a80-front2.jpg

powershot-a80-front.jpg

powershot-a80-rear.jpg

Janelle I love your digicam
wink.gif
I have a Canon Powershot 5 megapixel. I love mine and I like recording short movies too. It takes great and very clear pictures. I can't live without mine
rolleyes.gif
I haven't touched my regular Canon Rebel since I bought the digital Canon....

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I have a Canon Powershot (all glass lens like Nikon) (up to 11x total zoom - both optical & digital)takes great pics but there are Sooooo many features & settings it can get tricky!
icon_wink.gif
Takes movies too...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Absolute BEST feature is the swivel screen! LOL (Great for checking out your FOTD positioning!)
tongue.gif
powershot-a80-front2.jpg

powershot-a80-front.jpg

powershot-a80-rear.jpg

Enjoy your new digital camera Jennifer. Good decision
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i sold my old one because i wanted a new one, but that was back in september. my mom told me she wouldn't give me my money for a new one unless i did my college applications (which i've been dreading), but then my guidance counselor gave me a deadline, which is 4/15. so, that means...
NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!!!

25525_180.jpg

icon_cheesygrin.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh it is amazing with it's 2.5" LCD. Super fast too. I did buy a 1 gigabyte memory stick too...Its what I user and take of Reija in the FOTDS oh, those pics come out nice!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I have a Canon Powershot (all glass lens like Nikon) (up to 11x total zoom - both optical & digital)takes great pics but there are Sooooo many features & settings it can get tricky!
icon_wink.gif
Takes movies too...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
tongue.gif
oh, wow! i love how that comes out like that! that must be so convenient. is it compact?

Originally Posted by lilla Enjoy your new digital camera Jennifer. Good decision
smile.gif
thanks!

Originally Posted by wongy74 love it! I want one of my own (that works, dammit!) now too!
tongue.gif
so buy one!

Congrats Jennifer! Can't wait to see some FOTD's now
biggrin.gif

Photoshoot eh Trish?? Tell us more...!

Originally Posted by Trisha I was one of 3 models (i use that term loosely for me!) for a MU portfolio, The portfolio is for a Stila National MA I know, who also does freelance, so the pics will be on his website and in his portfolio! It was a great day (would love to do it again), and I now have the photography bug! x
Will post some pics when he sends me the CD with them on! x

Oh that's cool - yeah definitely post em'!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Yay for you Jennifer!
I'm thinking of getting another cam actually!

I took part in a photoshoot yesterday, and the photographer used a Nikon D100 (this is like £800-£1000), obviously i dont need one like that, but I think i'll be purchasing Nikon (and keeping my other cam just for concerts! Cos nothing else consumer matches the zoom on my Olympus!). The pics came out amazing, and the lighting and stuff was so wow!

I'm toying with the idea of taking up photography professionally, and combining it with my MU!! x

yeah, nikons are VERY good cameras. you should definitely invest in one!
i can't wait to see the pics from the shoot!

wow that cam looks COOL!! I am jealous now even though I have a cam of my own. but mine is cheap and can´t really do close up shots.

so I am hoping to see some FOTDs girlie!!!! have fun with your new toy
icon_smile.gif

I GOT IT TODAY!!!

it's SUPER small. it fits in the palm of my hand. i love it! it takes awesome pics, too.

here's a sample of my eyes...

FSCN0022.jpg

the colors come out so vivid, exactly like the colors are in real life.

i am so happy!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer I GOT IT TODAY!!!
it's SUPER small. it fits in the palm of my hand. i love it! it takes awesome pics, too.

FSCN0022.jpg

i am so happy!
biggrin.gif

That's awesome Jennifer. Love your eyelashes.

Originally Posted by Jennifer I GOT IT TODAY!!!

FSCN0022.jpg

i am so happy!
biggrin.gif

WoooHooo! Thats awesome! Pics come out really nice too!! but WAIT A SECOND MISSY!!! If we're twins, how come you got the GREEN EYES!?!?!
icon_twisted.gif
LOL

Latest posts

Back