I'm really considering "Natural " skin care....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some suggestions are Sundari...Zen Med...Pratima skin care....Aubrey...Boscia...

I'm worried that all the copper peptides, retinoids,etc etc, etc are taking a toll on our skin...whadya think??
icon_redface.gif

Hey Suzq,

I guess it's all a matter of preference. Today's skin care contains a lot of different ingredients, many with copper or anti-oxidants to combat signs of aging, and retinols are usually wrinkle fighters and are recommended for acne and blemishes. Although I'm sure there are some ingredients out there that aren't fully designed to be gentle, but to act on specific problems. A lot of Indian or European skin treatments are starting to use natural elements usually only found in that geographic area and implementing them into their products. I don't really know how effective these ingredients are, but I know that 'Dead Sea mud' or Jordanian products have been noted to be effective. I'm sure that these products might be gentler on the skin being they are natural.. but I'm sure that it will also come with a big price tag being most of the ingredients are imported and hard to come by. My mother's friend is a pilot and got her a jar of Mud from Jordan from the dead sea on one of his flights there, and it was almost $250 for a small jar. While she says it's works wonderfully, it isn't something that most people can afford to run out and buy on a whim. Then you also have to be sure that you are in fact, getting what they claim is in the product and not just advertising allure. Honestly, if you feel that the products you use now are too harsh on your skin, by all means I would try something like the ones you mentioned... you have to see what works for you... Just maybe go to google.com and read up on the effectiveness of the ingredients and see if that is more of the results you are after. Good luck & let us know your reviews if you try some!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tend to agree with you about the natural skin care. I do use a retinol night cream that's just regular drugstore cream. I've wanted to try Dr. Hauska, Boscia etc lines but haven't yet.

One day I tried to count up all the lines I ever used, from BonneBelle at age 9 to now...it was an eye-opener & crossed the gamut from dimestore intelligence to department store insanity, flea market close-outs to infomercial start-ups, every health food store brand to puttering around in my own kitchen...Fanie Intl. still stands as the winner after 9.5 years, though supplements include Dr. Hauschka massage & face oils, organic crisco & coconut oils, Zia facial oils & sunscreen, Avon & Mary Kay sunscreen (depending on who got what & where I can locate it), Aubrey Camellia oil, Fruit of the Earth Aloe Gel, Daybreak Lavendar Farm Rhassoul soap (I'm going to get them for Christmas), Teresa Tapp's Bulgarian Lavendar essential oil & Skin Saver Series (I'll get that for Valentine's Day...nothing like planning ahead), & still toying with the idea of calling the Swanson catalog folks for their price on Klein-Becker's Strivectin cream, now with an additional eye cream....

I'm definitely considering switching to more natural skincare. Lately I've been using grapeseed oil and jojoba oil to moisturize, and my skin has never looked better! I've actually quit taking my oral antibiotic from the derm, and usually my skin would look like hell by now. I'm thinking of placing a LUSH order, but I may have to check out Daybreak Farms now...

icon_cheesygrin.gif
You all are awesome with your suggestions! I don't know where to start.....
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Dixiediva
icon_smile.gif
THE NEW, NATURAL WAY TO GLOW!Cleanse, Exfoliate, Polish, Nourish & Moisturize With

Two Luxurious Layers of Lathers

It’s The New Way To Glow!

Imagine a clay polish -- gentle enough for facial cleansing -- used and loved by women in 700 a.d.! Well this is it. Rhassoul remineralizes your skin. It contains lithium, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and zinc. You know that magnesium promotes elasticity within the muscle and as well as vigorous blood circulation. And in the second layer of lather, the Prairie Oat Mint bar moisturizes and nourishes. You will see results after the first treatment. It’s more than exfoliation. It’s resurfacing, retexturizing your skin while it controls oiliness. And it's a totally individualized system. You can use the components with any frequency and in any combination you choose to adapt to any condition you encounter in your skin. In the beginning, I strongly recommend that you Rhassoul no more than three times a week in the morning. Then as us familiarize yourself with the system and how it works with your skin type, you'll find your own rhythm based on your skin's condition, time of year, time of month etc.

Here’s how to use the five Rhassoul System products together. In the beginning, we reccommend you use your Rhassoul three times a week. Rhassoul is one of Mother Nature's gifts that requires each person to find their individual level with and the frequency will change from season to season as your complexion changes.

PREP Cut your Rhassoul bar into 6 cubes and store 5 in a brown paper bag. They will last a long time! Cut your complexion bar, the Prairie Oat Mint or Almond Cream, in quarters. Use the extra pieces as sachets in your linen closet or lingerie drawer; both are great fragrances.

1. First, remove the day's accumulated surface dirt, dead dry skin cells, excess oils and debris by swabing your face with our Rose Petal Toner. Make sure to use only 100% cotton pads. Synthetics are too harsh.

2. Now wet your face AND neck. We often overlook our neck but not with the The Rhassoul System. Wet the piece of Rhassoul. Rub it gently and directly all over your face and neck in upward motions and keep doing that until you have created a thick, creamy lather. It might be helpful to put some water in your palm to get started or boost the lathering process. Use a light touch, but do use the rhassoul directly on your skin. No washcloths. You want all rhassoul’s minerals to get in there and polish!! Allow the lather to rest for 30 seconds. Do not rinse.

3. While you're waiting, take your Almond Cream or Prairie Oat Mint, lather it up between your hands and apply that sudsy lather directly over the Rhassoul lather. Gently wash the entire face until the two lathers are blended, about 15 to 30 seconds. Now rinse. Rinse thoroughly with a washcloth or with splashes of water. Take three times as much time for rinsing as compared to what you took for lathering. Blot damp ... not dry ... with a soft towel; vigorous rubbing with coarse material aggravates and tugs at your skin.

4. Using the Only Face Feed, place three dots on each cheek, four on your neck and any other dry spots. Now lightly finger-tap the dots into your skin with your fingertips. Allow it to penetrate for 60 seconds. The Only Face Feed got its name from the fact that it contains only the finest, most exquisite rare plant oils, oils known to be rich in phyto-nutrients the skin needs. Our Only Face Feed contains: 100% all-natural oils of emu, avocado, sea buckthorn berry pulp, calendula Co2, St. Johnswort Co2, borage seed, rosehip, sweet almond, vitamin e, vitamin a. It also contains essential oil of frankincense, known to be helpful with wrinkles. As its name suggests, it feeds your skin, replenishing lost vitamins, trace minerals and other

nutrients.

5. Now take the Pore Seal & Protect, carefully pump out an amount the size of a pea. A small pea! Dot that all over your face and neck blend in. Great tip I recently discovered: You can also mix it in with your foundation for beautiful, moisturizing sheer coverage. That still leaves moisturizing and that brings us to Pore Seal & Protect. That is designed to seal in all the benefits of the Rhassoul, Prairie Oat Mint and Face Feed. It also has contains Only's rare veggie oils complex in addition to a special Honey & Beeswax Blend I add in to give it lasting power. 100% all natural, it's made with vegetable glycerin, chamomile tea with calendula & comfrey infusion, aloe vera gel, beeswax, vegetable emulsifier, emu oil. jojoba, wheat germ, vitamin E & sunflower oils. shea butter, honey, lanolin, vitamins A & C. preservative. It's fragrance & color free.

The result? A beautiful glow – dubbed “that Rhassoul radiance†by it’s fans -- that only Rhassoul facial polish and its trusty sidekick Prairie Oat Mint complexion bar -- makes possible.

Dermatologists agree good skin care must include and balance the 5 basic skin cleansing functions which are:

1. Polishing. Exposing and stimulating the bright, glowing layer of skin beneath the dead dry cells. Rhassoul ... does it again!!

2. Exfoliating. Lifting off dry, dead skin cells. Rhassoul ... reporting for bigtime duty!!

3. Cleansing. Dissolving surface debris, oils. Drawing out toxins, lifting away cosmetic product build-up. Prairie Oat Mint emulsifies all the skin's nitrogenous and hormonal wastes, dead skin cells and dried perspiration in a rich, deep cleansing lather.

4. Nourishing. Delivering vitamins and minerals to this new layer of skin.

5. Moisturizing. Only Face Feed & Pore Seal & Protect envelop the new skin in a soft blanket of plant oils to preserve and maintain that Rhassoul radiance!

Rhassoul completes steps one through three. Prairie Oat Mint or Almond Cream gets job #4 done. And Only Face Feed & Pore Seal & Protect wrap it all up with #5. Thousands of women agree. Let me know if you do too!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Suzq1 Some suggestions are Sundari...Zen Med...Pratima skin care....Aubrey...Boscia...I'm worried that all the copper peptides, retinoids,etc etc, etc are taking a toll on our skin...whadya think??
icon_redface.gif

I found for me, to keep it all simple. I LURRRVE Rhassoul clay, however, found in a bar form would break me out.
icon_frown.gif
So, I buy it in bulk and use a hydrosol to make a paste.
I've used Aubrey, and it irritated my skin as well. Zia Oil Free Ultimate Moisturizer is awesome along with their Enzyme Mask (not the Pumpkin one).

I too use Retinol at night, and that has cleared up my skin tone considerably. I use the RoC one. Not in the gold tube, but the blue.

Becky

2nd to the ROC Retinol in the blue tube! It's a great product and has made my skin look better too.

Ok...where did you find authentic rhassoul clay, what's a hydrosol (I think I've heard of it & used to know but it's been too long & where do I find that?) & are you sure it's 'pure' enough? Jody, at Daybreak Lavendar farm has an article about it & how other companies are using an inferior, that is, a lighter yellow form rather than the dark chocolate clay. Let me know please. This is good news.

Hi Jackie!! Happy to have you on Makeuptalk and welcome!! I'm Tony, one of the admininstrators here. But don't worry, I don't know BLANK about skin care and makeup

LOL

Originally Posted by Jackie

I've been using Daybreak's Rhassoul/POM combo for about 2 months now and love it. Has made a drastic improvement to my oily, acne-prone skin. Anyone who is interested in trying out Rhassoul should definitely check out Daybreak's site at www.soap-please.com. Daybreak also has some wonderful soaps, moisturizers, lotions and hydrosols.

I went to a Burts Bees Seminar/Lecture Wed evening and they gave us a gift bag with a ton of samples so I'm trying them and so far I like what I have used. Its a very simple skin care line without all the bells and whistles. Their theory is you shouldn't put anything on your skin that you can't eat. I like the fact that the products can be purchased locally and they aren't terribly expensive. Check out the website burtsbees.com they list every ingredient in every product.

Originally Posted by Suzq1 Some suggestions are Sundari...Zen Med...Pratima skin care....Aubrey...Boscia...I'm worried that all the copper peptides, retinoids,etc etc, etc are taking a toll on our skin...whadya think??
icon_redface.gif

Nope! I disagree. You're wasting your time if you don't use anything thats loaded with antioxidants. They are the age erasers and the protectors from the environment. Hope you re-consider.

I'm already starting to get on the anti-oxidant bandwagon! I take supplements everyday - especially since I'm still smoking..
icon_sad.gif

Your smoking?? Oh man, give that nasty habit up!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

I'm already starting to get on the anti-oxidant bandwagon! I take supplements everyday - especially since I'm still smoking..
icon_sad.gif

I know.. I know..
icon_redface.gif
I've tried - quit for awhile... but ended up going back. Still smoking the Ultra lights though - haven't gone any stronger... and cut back a lot - so i guess its some progress
icon_neutral.gif

Gotta get that monkey off yer back, dear!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

I know.. I know..
icon_redface.gif
I've tried - quit for awhile... but ended up going back. Still smoking the Ultra lights though - haven't gone any stronger... and cut back a lot - so i guess its some progress
icon_neutral.gif

Must try herbal tea sometime! I myself LOVE water & think its the best thing for skincare. Anyone could see when i'm not drinking 2litres of water a day by my skin.. I start to have mild breakouts on my chin. WATER girls WATER. It's the best thing ever!

Originally Posted by devopink Bah. I think natural skincare is just another marketing scheme personaly -- well most of it. The best "natural" thing I do for my skin is drink herbal tea, which calms me down and has antiseptic properties. The only thing I use on my skin is a milky cleanser and a BHA moisturiser. I think my skin looks fine and I don't need any harsh treatments. hey devopink!
in a past post, you said you were a member of MUA, whats your MUA name? just curious.
smile.gif
i hope you like it here at MuT!

You are right it isn't a marketing ploy. I recently attended a Burts Bees seminar and one thing I learned is if you wouldn't eat it why put it on your skin. The ingredients are all natural. We even had the option to taste some of the skin care products. Go to the website burtsbees.com they list all of the ingredients.

Latest posts

Back