Images that I did makeup for

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
bridesnoirCover.jpg

I just had to share some of my latest work everyone. This cover is from the February issue of Bride's Noir magazine. I did the hair, makeup and bodypainting for it. This was sooo fun to do.

SkinINC86.jpg

This second image is for next month's issue of Skin Inc. magazine for the "Spring Color" story. This was my first time using Repechage and Colorscience makeup and I really liked it. Repechage's colors first look like the pigment is not very strong but they are easily layered to get as much or as little color as you'd like. Colorscience is a mineral based makeup line. Great products too.

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Hi Candace..Welcome to MakeupTalk..I took at look at your site and you are extremely talented(but then I'm sure I didn't need to tell you that)I'm not a MA professionally(I wish) but I dabble in my spare time for friends,etc.I look forward to seeing and hearing more from you..Allison

Originally Posted by candacecorey
bridesnoirCover.jpg

I just had to share some of my latest work everyone. This cover is from the February issue of Bride's Noir magazine. I did the hair, makeup and bodypainting for it. This was sooo fun to do.

SkinINC86.jpg

This second image is for next month's issue of Skin Inc. magazine for the "Spring Color" story. This was my first time using Repechage and Colorscience makeup and I really liked it. Repechage's colors first look like the pigment is not very strong but they are easily layered to get as much or as little color as you'd like. Colorscience is a mineral based makeup line. Great products too.

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

www.candacecorey.com/makeupworkshop

WOW! Hi Candace. I wanted to extend a WARM welcome to you.
smile.gif

Also, I have to say, those images you have here are QUITE impressive. Altho I am just the admin/programmer here on MakeupTalk(and not into makeup/skincare), I just thought I would say that.
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, welcomes.......

OMG....you guys are so warm and nice here. Thank you for the wonderful things that you have said, and for making me feel welcome on the forum.
smile.gif

I get busy sometimes between running a household of 3 kids, and running a makeup artist business, so if I don't post often please don't think that I don't want to....you Moms know what I mean. But I will try to post as often and share as much as I can.

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair Artist

www.candacecorey.com (my site)

I totally understand your situation I've got 2 boys(9&4)..I'm suprised I actually get time to post here..It's so nice to have a Pro on board..Hopefully we can pick your brain occasionally
smile.gif
..I've gotta ask too..On your site in the BeautyII section,4th photo from the left..What color is that lipstick?? I love it

Originally Posted by candacecorey OMG....you guys are so warm and nice here. Thank you for the wonderful things that you have said, and for making me feel welcome on the forum.
smile.gif

I get busy sometimes between running a household of 3 kids, and running a makeup artist business, so if I don't post often please don't think that I don't want to....you Moms know what I mean. But I will try to post as often and share as much as I can.

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair Artist

www.candacecorey.com (my site)

Hi candace,

I love the pictures. You did a great job. I was wondering if you can give me some pointers and tips on how i can get started in this make up industry. I really want to be a make up artist after i finish college this june. I want to go to school and learn it the right way, get a license and stuff and make it my career. It would be great if you can give me some tips on how you got started. Thanks

Originally Posted by candacecorey
bridesnoirCover.jpg

SkinINC86.jpg

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Wow! Your work is awesome. I love the pictures. Welcome to the board!!! We hope that you can give us some tips regarding makeup since you are so talented and have the knowledge. Being a mom and having a job is difficult to balance. Being a mom alone is a full time job. I only have one (3 year-old) and I'm having difficulty finding the time for everything. I can't imagine what it's like with 2 or more kids.

carrie.jpg

Was this the shot that you were talking about? This was for Beauty Handbook magazine "Secrets of a makeup artist" article. I didn't have to do a specific color for that shot so I mixed some colors to create the shade that I wanted.

confused.gif
I don't remember the exact colors that I used but I think I mixed two shades of Wet N' Wild lip products together. One was a basic red and the other was a dark burgundy pot gloss. I do a lot of mixing to create colors unless I have to use a specific product for the shoot.

sorry I couldn't be more exact.

Candace Corey
makeup & hair
www.candacecorey.com

Originally Posted by allisong I totally understand your situation I've got 2 boys(9&4)..I'm suprised I actually get time to post here..It's so nice to have a Pro on board..Hopefully we can pick your brain occasionally
smile.gif
..I've gotta ask too..On your site in the BeautyII section,4th photo from the left..What color is that lipstick?? I love it

Originally Posted by maiho Hi candace, I love the pictures. You did a great job. I was wondering if you can give me some pointers and tips on how i can get started in this make up industry. I really want to be a make up artist after i finish college this june. I want to go to school and learn it the right way, get a license and stuff and make it my career. It would be great if you can give me some tips on how you got started. Thanks You would probably be interested in coming to the Makeup Artist Workshop. It is a 2 day (10 hours per day) hands on class that teaches you makeup techniques and how to build your business to become a makeup artist....like how to contact photographers, what promotional pieces look like, how to price your work.....things that you would need to know to be a makeup artist as a craft and a business. you can either go to the site: www.candacecorey.com/makeupworkshop or email me at [email protected] and I will put you on the email list for workshop updates. This year I am letting students learn by assisting me on a real job, but I am only notifying those who are on the list. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair www.candacecorey.com www.candacecorey.com/makeupworkshop

Originally Posted by Californian Hi,Just wondering. THe makeup on the second picture is also beautiful but the girl looks very airbrushed. That bothers me. I'm sure she is beautiful without the help!

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
Almost every shot that you see, wether in a commercial ad or magazine is airbrushed and adjusted....for various reasons.

This shot was airbrushed because of the angle of the lighting. The magazine loved the drama BUT the lighting also made her pores stand out. Her skin was clear...but all of the pores made her skin look very distracting, so they wanted it to be airbrushed.

SkinINC122.jpg

Here is one of the shots they DID NOT use from the shoot....if you notice her pores almost make it look like she has pimples.....but what you are seeing is the angle of the light casting shadows on her pores on her cheeks. Amazing....what a little light can do isn't it.
smile.gif

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Wow that is strange!! I first looked at this and said, wow her face has some little pimples, then I read your message. Strange huh Candace, did you get my private message?

Yes it does seem strange that lighting can do that.
smile.gif

Here is another shot but the lighting was not as dramatic. There was a "hair light" (to the left at the top of her head) to make her hair glow, then the lighting to the left (like the other shot) and a reflector screm (to the right of her face) to bounce some of the light to even it out on the face but still cause a little bit of shadows to add "interest" to the image.
cool.gif

SkinINC53.jpg

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Wow that is strange!! I first looked at this and said, wow her face has some little pimples, then I read your message. Strange huh
Candace, did you get my private message?

Yes. I just replied. sorry for the delay.
Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Hi Candace,

This really sheds light on the situation. It's amazing what lighting can do! Thanks for sharing this. It was a real eye opener for me. It almost does not look like the same model, yet she is beautiful in all photos.

Thanks for the explanation.

Now if I could only airbrush my face in real time.

biggrin.gif
Ryan

Originally Posted by Californian Hi Candace,This really sheds light on the situation. It's amazing what lighting can do! Thanks for sharing this. It was a real eye opener for me. It almost does not look like the same model, yet she is beautiful in all photos.

Thanks for the explanation.

Now if I could only airbrush my face in real time.

biggrin.gif
Ryan

don't laugh....but actually you can! Makeup is now put on with airbrush too. I do airbrush makeup on models sometimes too. It makes your face look very velvety, and you use less product. Most of the time I use airbrush if I am doing makeup on a kid or a male. Most of the time I have to do a lot of makeup changes with female models, so the airbrush is not the best for that BUT it is a wonderful tool, especially if I have to do any bodypainting.
So....becareful what you wish for!
biggrin.gif
LOL

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Latest posts

Back