Inconsiderate Men???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why do husbands or men do this more often then women?

It was planned that my husband would call me today at 11 a.m. and we'd arrange to go out to lunch. At 12:30 I call him on his cell thinking that he might have been caught up at work. Turns out that he's out to lunch already with friends/coworkers. I was waiting for him here. I was expecting to go out to lunch and I feel ditched.
icon_cry.gif

That's not very nice.

Anyway, he acts casual like it was no big deal. Is it really no big deal to men? I don't understand. Hmmm. Anyway, my feelings are totally hurt and I will go out to lunch alone. I am so mad. Don't people usually keep dates when they say they will, or is this a casual man thing and I am overreacting?

Any insights are appreciated. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that Cali!! But I think it happens to all of us. There are some men that are inconsiderate by nature (not all). Things like that we tend to take to heart while they brush it off. Its happened to me before. The only way I handled it was to rant, rave and make him crazy about it so that he regrets it so much that the next time he'll think twice before standing me up! HAHA but I must warn you this may not work for everyone. Just forget it but if it happens again..............

BTW No one makes a better lunch date than myself.

Originally Posted by shoediva I'm sorry to hear that Cali!! But I think it happens to all of us. There are some men that are inconsiderate by nature (not all). Things like that we tend to take to heart while they brush it off. Its happened to me before. The only way I handled it was to rant, rave and make him crazy about it so that he regrets it so much that the next time he'll think twice before standing me up! HAHA but I must warn you this may not work for everyone. Just forget it but if it happens again..............
BTW No one makes a better lunch date than myself.

WOah... you made me smile. I will let this one go, but I will tell him that it made me feel bad. I am sure that he wouldn't want to do that on purpose. I would have made a good lunch date with him, but I will make one without him too.
wink.gif
Thanks Shoes. I bet it really is no big deal to him. We (women) seem to be more sensitive.
redface.gif
Even if I have to eat my chicken salad alone, I will do it enjoyably. Good thing I have a decent imagination. (#((@)_!_#(()##** ok, I'm getting over it.

OMG, a quick phone call would have worked. UNless, he was afraid that you would be all pissy if he called and said that he couldnt make it.

I can see that happenin' with a High MAINT girl.

(not you)

Originally Posted by Californian

Why do husbands or men do this more often then women?
It was planned that my husband would call me today at 11 a.m. and we'd arrange to go out to lunch. At 12:30 I call him on his cell thinking that he might have been caught up at work. Turns out that he's out to lunch already with friends/coworkers. I was waiting for him here. I was expecting to go out to lunch and I feel ditched.
icon_cry.gif

That's not very nice.

Anyway, he acts casual like it was no big deal. Is it really no big deal to men? I don't understand. Hmmm. Anyway, my feelings are totally hurt and I will go out to lunch alone. I am so mad. Don't people usually keep dates when they say they will, or is this a casual man thing and I am overreacting?

Originally Posted by shoediva whats wrong with a high maint girl?? LOL hahhhhhhhhhhhhahhaha @ Shoes.No I would have been totally nice about it. All I wanted was a phone call to let me know if we were on or off.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.. this is SO true. We do really live on different planets. We might get along with each other 99% of the time but that 1% just kills me!! I just don't understand guys, don't think i ever will.. Try not to leave it upset you too much Cali, as the others have said already, your hubby honestly sees it as no biggie, yet i know if i was in your shoes i'd have strangled him by now!!

Cali, your husband stood you up and later made you feel that its in your head (by his acting like it's no big deal - so why should YOU have a problem?). What, because he's a guy he's given a handicap and allowed immature behavior? He's an adult and a big boy now. Be direct and let him know that you didn't like being stood up. Keep your communication short, calm and to the point, then move on.
wink.gif

Well said, KITTY! I agree with you all the way and I am a guy. I just would not do that to the ol' wifey

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

Cali, your husband stood you up and later made you feel that its in your head (by his acting like it's no big deal - so why should YOU have a problem?). What, because he's a guy he's given a handicap and allowed immature behavior? He's an adult and a big boy now. Be direct and let him know that you didn't like being stood up. Keep your communication short, calm and to the point, then move on.
wink.gif

You're a PRIMO guy, Tony!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Well said, KITTY! I agree with you all the way and I am a guy. I just would not do that to the ol' wifey

I can relate Cali. Whenever my man does this *thankfully not often* I witch him out! Not a long drawn out thing, just a vicious to the point verbal beating
icon_evil.gif
I'm not a witch but don't screw with me.

Great minds think alike Tiny!!

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I can relate Cali. Whenever my man does this *thankfully not often* I witch him out! Not a long drawn out thing, just a vicious to the point verbal beating
icon_evil.gif
I'm not a witch but don't screw with me.

LOL! You're so cute! Originally Posted by Irishgirl Awww..Cali..So sorry hon! If I was there, I would've taken you out to lunch and your hubby too! (I would give him a meatball sandwich)..LOL! As a "high-maintenance" gal, I would've appreciated a phone call too as it is just common courtesy..I agree that you should tell him how you feel and keep it firm/short when you do. *closes compact and hangs up powder puff*..LOL!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Cali, your husband stood you up and later made you feel that its in your head (by his acting like it's no big deal - so why should YOU have a problem?). What, because he's a guy he's given a handicap and allowed immature behavior? He's an adult and a big boy now. Be direct and let him know that you didn't like being stood up. Keep your communication short, calm and to the point, then move on.
wink.gif
I did exactly that. I went out and had a really good day on my own (lunch included). I turned off my cell phone- and when I got home he immediately apologized when I walked in the door. He tried the old "I forgot" and he tried the "so and so was stressed out" bit. I said all I need, REGARDLESS of the reason you do not show, is a phone call. THen there is no problem and I am not waiting for a call that will never come. See? Easy to understand.
I told him to put on his 'big guy' pants. He knows very well that I am easy going and that respect is one of the things I need. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.. sing it! lalalalla

Any way, he apologized many times and took me out to dinner and tomorrow he is taking me to the movies. I hope we've created a solid understanding now that this is a common courtesy that you give to anyone whom you like, especially your S.O.!

Thanks all. Right on target!

Way to go Cali! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!

So, what movie will you see?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian I did exactly that. I went out and had a really good day on my own (lunch included). I turned off my cell phone- and when I got home he immediately apologized when I walked in the door. He tried the old "I forgot" and he tried the "so and so was stressed out" bit. I said all I need, REGARDLESS of the reason you do not show, is a phone call. THen there is no problem and I am not waiting for a call that will never come. See? Easy to understand.
I told him to put on his 'big guy' pants. He knows very well that I am easy going and that respect is one of the things I need. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.. sing it! lalalalla

Any way, he apologized many times and took me out to dinner and tomorrow he is taking me to the movies. I hope we've created a solid understanding now that this is a common courtesy that you give to anyone whom you like, especially your S.O.!

Thanks all. Right on target!

Originally Posted by Californian Why do husbands or men do this more often then women?
icon_cry.gif

That's not very nice.

Cali..You can't be mad at him..You really do have to feel bad for men..God gives them 2 heads and not enough blood to power both at the same time.

Originally Posted by allisong Cali..You can't be mad at him..You really do have to feel bad for men..God gives them 2 heads and not enough blood to power both at the same time. ahhahahahaahhahahah Doh!
icon_lol.gif
I hope Tony doesn't read this... LOL!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Way to go Cali! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!
So, what movie will you see?
smile.gif

Hey , We are going to see "Garden State." He might have to suffer a bit since our usual movie is a "shoot em up" delight.
icon_twisted.gif

Natalie Portman stars in it and some actors that I am not familiar with.

Here's the plot, etc.. http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/gardenstate/

And yes... I shall indulge in lots of popcorn. Wohoooooo!!!!

Latest posts

Back