Ipsy April 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I'd love to have the eyeshadow brush, the Buxom (or the Tarte), the Skin eye-enhancing liner, and the em concealer. I hope I don't get mascara because I already have a handful and supposedly mascaras expire quickly, so I don't need another. I also haven't gotten into contouring or highlighting, so I don't need any of those highlighters. 
As far as I know the clock on mascaras only starts once opened. Then you have three months to use and toss. 

As far as I know the clock on mascaras only starts once opened. Then you have three months to use and toss. 
If I open them only briefly and then never open them until I plan to really start using them, does the clock still start. I have a couple that I only opened to see how dark they were and what the brush looked like but haven't opened them again because there are others I'm using.

If I open them only briefly and then never open them until I plan to really start using them, does the clock still start. I have a couple that I only opened to see how dark they were and what the brush looked like but haven't opened them again because there are others I'm using.
Yeah the clock still starts. Not so far as the risk of infection, because you haven't opened them yet, but opening them makes them dry out faster, so the next time you go to use it they could be dry or clumpy.

^ I think they will be. IIRC, the most recent sneak peek was labelled last sneak peek and tomorrow is the 6th, so yeah, we should be in luck tonight/early tomorrow morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In an ideal world, I'd get any of the following, but my luck doesn't work that way:

- Jelly Pong Pong Neapolitan Trio

- City Color Highlighting Trio

- Eyeshadow blending brush

- Purlisse sheet masks

- Novex hair product

- Em concealer

- Luxie Brush

- Nudestix

- Tarte lip surgence pencil (or even the Buxom)

I'm thinking they'll be live tomorrow. They're usually live after the 4th sneak peek. In my perfect bag I'd get a combination of stuff from this list:

-City Color Trio

-Luxie Brush

-Buxom (but the Tarte would be okay too)

-EM Concealer

-Novex Mask

-Anything from the last sneak peek, but I'd really like the Purlisse mask or the Derma E toner mist. 

I really don't want anything starlooks, the Skinn eyeliner, or any polish (especially the strips) so that means that's everything I'll get.

Reveals are up

I'm getting

tarte lipsurgence (yay!)

crown brush blush brush (yay!)

trust fund beauty highlighter (trading if anyone is interested!)

starlooks eyeliner (meh)

briogeo don't despair repair gel to oil overnight treatment (my hair isn't damaged and is already very oily... trading!)

Not so excited but 2/5 isn't bad after how much I disliked my bag last month.

The spoilers are up.  Here's mine:

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 12.53.44 AM.png

I got:

Luxie highlighter brush

Tarte lipsurgence

City color highlight trio

NTH degree Moroccan oil & keratin hair serum

REN Skincare day cream

The face cream is the only thing I really don't want. I'm happy to get the Tarte lipsurgence crayon but I'm a little worried about the color. I'm really not a red lip person.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I'm getting:

Tarte Lipsurgence in Wonder. It's red. I hardly ever wear red, but I like Tarte's lip products and it's better then the Benefit primer, so whoo!

Luxie Tapered Highlighter Brush. This is so pretty. I have a Luxie blush brush that I use everyday, so I'm excited to get this! (This was something I really wanted.)

City Color Highlighter Trio. This was another product that I really wanted. Ipsy posted swatches on their Facebook page of this and it looked beautiful, so yay!

Adesse Organic Infused Gel Effect Nail Polish in Irina. I love lavender nail polishes. I can't wear polish to work, but I'll totally use this on my toes! (Not something I really wanted, but not bad either)

Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Gel to Oil Overnight Repair Treatment. I like their deep conditioner and this seems like a brand new product (which is always cool to receive.) According to Sephora you put it on overnight and wash it out the next morning. (Like a sleeping mask for your hair.) I'm not sure how often I'll actually use this, but it sounds cool and I can always use it on days when I don't work the next day.

I love my Ipsy bag, 3/5 is a win and the other two are products I'll totally use! Best Ipsy in a while. (Which is great since from the spoilers I didn't think it would be that great.) Unfortunately I'm not getting any of the skincare products, but I'm getting a Leader's mask that I redeemed points for.

I'm extremely happy with my bag this month! I think I added the value up to be a total of $90 but my math could be wrong somewhere. 

Tarte Cosmetics LipSurgence ($12) - I had no intense opinion of which I got out of the three previewed. I've never tried Tarte lip products but there are other things from this brand that I like. I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Adese New York Nail Polish ($18) - This is a super pretty color! I'm really happy that Ipsy finally started sending me nail polish on a regular basis. 

Trust Fund Beauty Highlighter ($20) - I finally get a Trust Fund item and it's not nail polish. After months of crossing my fingers for a Trust Fund polish. I'm on a highlighter kick though so this is good. I like that it's a stick. It'll be good for travel. 

purlisse Beauty Sheet Masks ($16) - I enjoy sheet masks and these sound interesting. I wish they were fragrance free though. If it's going on my face it doesn't need to be fragrant.

Luxie Beauty Highlighter Brush ($24) - This was the one thing I really wanted! I don't have a highlighter brush and this one looks nice. I couldn't find this brush by itself so to figure out a price point for it I compared it to the Rose Gold Highlighter Brush. They look the same I think the handle is just a different color. 

Ugh.  I stil have three bags since I didn't realize that you have to respond to the cancelation email or they don't actually cancel your account.  That wouldn't be so bad, but al three of my bags are pretty much the same.  This is what I'm getting:

Tarte LipSurgence X 3

LAB Blending Brush X 3

Ofra Eyeshadow X 3

Probelle Nail Polish in purple X 3

Skin & Co. Truffle Serum X 2

Harvey Prince Hair Mask X 1

I will have enough purple nail polish to paint my front door.  With all the items they had available this month and with how different my profiles are, I'm sort of surprised they ended up so similar.

I'm pretty pleased with my bag this month also. I got:

- Tarte LipSurgence ($12) - This was my pick out of the 3 initial items and I'll get pretty good use out of it.

- Crown C427 Duo Fibre Brush - I am actually really pleased with this item. My Crown brushes are the best quality brushes I own and it's a very practical face brush, of which I don't have many. I'm seeing various prices online from $7 - $35 so I'm going to average it at $20.

- City Color Highlight Trio ($9) - The packaging is boring but the product is lovely. The swatches on the Ipsy instagram were so pretty and it's like getting 3 highlighters instead of one.

Adese New York Nail Polish ($18) - I have been wanting a lilac nail polish for the longest while so this is perfect

- Morrocan Oil Hair Treatment (based on the cost of their .85 oz, the value of this sample is about $6) - I'm actually okay with this as this is the original Morrocan oil product and a little goes a long way. Not exciting but definitely useful.

Overall, that's a bag value of about $65 which is very good. The design of the bag is nice and I'll use every product. I would have liked the Purlisse masks but other than that, can't complain. 

4 / 5

ada647fa14.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this bag! I really wanted the tarte lip creme out of the 3 items everyone got this month. And yet another brush.... hooray. lol. Overall though I think ipsy is really learning the things that I like (lip colors, eyeshadows, nailpolish, eyeliners) I still have NEVER gotten a concealer yet! Hopefully next month

I got a lip creme from neutrogena in the Walmart Beauty Box this month and I AM IN LOVE WITH IT! So Im super excited to try the tarte lip cream now. 

Love my bag this month.

Tarte lip Creme

I know ipsy's picture looks red but they describe it as a soft poppy color and temptalia calls it "Wonder is a brightened, medium-dark raspberry pink with a soft shine."

Trust fund highlighter

Ren moisturizer

Purlisse mask

Luxie beauty highlighter brush

And the bag is cute too. I keep thinking that I need to cancel because I have way too many products but their bags have been really good the last few months.

Mine:

2656f92b6bf5f95cd235d7bb50af6a8814599545146.jpg

This is a meh bag. I'm really only excited about the Tarte lip crayon. I searched for the shade and it's actually a dark pink color instead of red. The day cream and the nail polish are ok, but I really didn't want the highlighter or oil. 

I like everyone's bag, my bag this month is sucking hard!  I am getting the Tarte, some conceler, brush, ren product and leave in hair product.  I really wanted to try the Trust Fund or the City Color Highlighters.  But not all months are going to be good.  I will use only 2-3 out of 5 this month.

I'm receiving:
Nth Degree Moroccan Argan Oil & Keratin Hair Serum - Will probably use. Anything with Keratin and I'm down. 

Tarte LipSurgence - Love lippies as long as they are NOT GLOSSES. This isn't, so I'm excited. 

Adesse Nail Polish - I love nail polish and am excited to try a gel effect one. 

Luxie Highlighter Brush - YES! My Luxie brush collection GROWS thanks to subs. I'm addicted. 

Nomad Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Desert Sands - Nude shadow. Okay. Will use eventually. 

For the most part, I'm in love. 

Latest posts

Back