Ipsy April 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm. I'm a tad underwhelmed. I'm getting:

Tarte LipSurgence in Wonder: love the color, typically like tarte products

Luxie highlighter brush: I'm getting quite the collection of Luxie brushes from sub boxes this year! Good thing I love 'em!

Trust Fund Beauty highlighter: not sure about this one. Face makeup products in the stick formation tend to irritate my skin. And nothing says "Trust Fund" or "Beauty" like a facial rash.... :/

Tula Exfoliating Treatment mask: don't know about this either. My facial skin has been dry and sensitive lately, and depending on what type and how exfoliating this mask is, it may aggravate things further.

Jor'El Parker Fango Face mask: TWO face masks in one bag?! Huh. This one is a mud mask. If it's a hydrating mud mask, that might be ok. If it's a mud mask meant to suck all the oil out of one's face, it's a no-go.

("Jor'El?" As in Superman's pops? Interesting name for a cosmetics line...)

February was a my return to ipsy after a year, and February's bag was amazeballs. March was a good bag. This month it's just ok.

I'm super happy with my bag! Last month was kind of meh, but this one is 5/5.

Buxom liquid lipstick- love this brand and I only wear neutral or natural shade lipsticks. This shade should be a good nude for me.

Nudestix- so excited for this! I wanted one last month and am really happy to get one this time.

LAB blending brush- love getting brushes and this one can also be used for highlighter.

Ren day cream- this is a nice brand and is anti aging.

Briogeo gel to oil overnight treatment- my hair is dry on the ends from coloring and winter. I need this!

I would've loved to get the purple, pinky purple or lilac nail polish but other than that this bag was perfect for me! I'm so pleased to not get any junk brands. Sephora carries all five of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super happy with my bag! Last month was kind of meh, but this one is 5/5.

Buxom liquid lipstick- love this brand and I only wear neutral or natural shade lipsticks. This shade should be a good nude for me.

Nudestix- so excited for this! I wanted one last month and am really happy to get one this time.

LAB blending brush- love getting brushes and this one can also be used for highlighter.

Ren day cream- this is a nice brand and is anti aging.

Briogeo gel to oil overnight treatment- my hair is dry on the ends from coloring and winter. I need this!

I would've loved to get the purple, pinky purple or lilac nail polish but other than that this bag was perfect for me! I'm so pleased to not get any junk brands. Sephora carries all five of these.
You're the first one I saw get the Buxom. I'm jelly!

I am receiving:

Starlooks Luxe Longerwear Eye Pencil in Jet - Hoping this is as good as a Milani one I own which looks similar. Don't wear eyeliner too much, but will try it out

tarte LipSurgence Lip Cream in Wonder - Hoping this doesn't dry out my lips like other tarte products have!

Trust Fund Beauty That Glo Though Face Highlighter - Yay!! Never tried a cosmetic item by TFB, but I love their polishes. Hoping it is light enough for my fair skin this time of year

Luxie Beauty Dreamcatcher Tapered Highlighter Brush 522 - Is it weird to call a brush cute? Because this one looks so cute!

Moroccanoil Treatment - Just ran out of my Wella hair oil from an Allure box (best hair oil I have ever tried! Just so expensive for the small amount they give you), so perfect timing!

Ipsy has been stepping up their game these past couple of months! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hmmm. I'm a tad underwhelmed. I'm getting:

Tarte LipSurgence in Wonder: love the color, typically like tarte products

Luxie highlighter brush: I'm getting quite the collection of Luxie brushes from sub boxes this year! Good thing I love 'em!

Trust Fund Beauty highlighter: not sure about this one. Face makeup products in the stick formation tend to irritate my skin. And nothing says "Trust Fund" or "Beauty" like a facial rash.... :/

Tula Exfoliating Treatment mask: don't know about this either. My facial skin has been dry and sensitive lately, and depending on what type and how exfoliating this mask is, it may aggravate things further.

Jor'El Parker Fango Face mask: TWO face masks in one bag?! Huh. This one is a mud mask. If it's a hydrating mud mask, that might be ok. If it's a mud mask meant to suck all the oil out of one's face, it's a no-go.

("Jor'El?" As in Superman's pops? Interesting name for a cosmetics line...)

February was a my return to ipsy after a year, and February's bag was amazeballs. March was a good bag. This month it's just ok.
I'm getting the Tula mask as well.  I was a bit bummed about missing out on the Purlisse masks, but this has tumeric in it which is supposed to be super amazing for skin.

Jor'el is another name for Harvey Prince. Hopefully it won't smell like the perfume. 

I'm overall happy with my bag (purple nail polish, tarte, dream catcher brush, city color highlighters, tula mask).  There were things I would have liked to try- Juliette Has a Gun, JPP highlighter. I'm hoping they have a few of the same items next month or available as points perks. 

I like everyone's bag, my bag this month is sucking hard!  I am getting the Tarte, some conceler, brush, ren product and leave in hair product.  I really wanted to try the Trust Fund or the City Color Highlighters.  But not all months are going to be good.  I will use only 2-3 out of 5 this month.
What kind of brush did you get? If it is the highlighter brush I wouldn't mind trading the City Color Highlighter I got. 

I know someone who got the Buxom. The Benefit primer seems even rarer. 
My mom got the Benefit Primer in one of her bags. She accidentally set up a new account somehow because she thought her card wouldn't work but she's been charged twice now and can't figure anything out with it. I'll have to hang out with her soon to teach her how to sub. 

I am getting:

Tarte LipSurgence in Wonder

Skinn Cosmetics Bright Eyes Enhancing Eyeliner

Crown Brush Blush brush

pur-lisse Beauty Blue Lotus + White Tea Sheet Mask & Blue Lotus + Seaweed Sheet mask

Nomad Cosmetics Nomad+ Marrakesh Intense eye shadow in desert sands

I am good with this bag, however i have gotten so many eye shadows in that same bronze color, that i have way more than i need!

Ok now that I've realized the oil I'm receiving is for hair and not face, I'm more happy with its inclusion. I have a couple of face oils I'm working on, so I didn't want to receive another, but I've yet to try something like that on my hair so it'll be interesting.

I'm pretty happy with my bag this month.  I'm getting:

1. Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Creme in Wonder - Ehhh, I don't really think this one is going to work for me.  I'm pretty sure I had an allergic reaction to the last Lipsurgence I used, and it makes sense because I'm allergic to some products containing mint and this one does.  I might try it since my allergy is fairly minor and see if I'm ok, but I may swap it.

2. City Color Cosmetics Highlight Trio - I'm excited for this!  I really love highlighters lately.

3. Briogeo Dont Despair, Repair! Gel to Oil Overnight Repair Treatment - I'm excited for this, too.  My hair is highlighted blonde so I'm always happy to get treatments, and this one seems really cool and different from anything I've ever tried.

4. REN Skincare Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream - I will be swapping this because I already have a moisturizer I love.

5. Crown Brush C427 Duo Fiber Blush Brush - I was really hoping for the Luxie brush, but this one looks almost as good and I always like getting tools in my bag.  

Last month was amazing for me.  I love the Illamasqua liner and the Manna Kadar eyeshadow so much - they're both new favorites of mine.

There were lots of great items in this month's bag.  I really want to swap for the Luxie brush, the eye brightening liner, the pink blush, and maybe the Jelly Pong Pong contour/blush duo and perfume.  

I'm pretty happy with my bag. I ended up getting

1. City Color Highlight Trio
  2. nth degree hair serum
  3. Adesse nail polish
  4. Tarte Lip crayon (mini)
  5. Crown brush
I'm most excited about the nail polish and the brush. The nail polish is a grey color.

I got my bag today, I'm happy with all the products. It's been a long time since I've been happy with an Ipsy bag.

image.jpeg

I just tried the Tula mask and no longer having sheet mask FOMO. It comes out the same powder blue color as the tube. Finally a mask that doesn't make me look like I fell flat on my face in a pig pen.  Now I look like I should be sitting in the stands at World Cup or some sports thing.

Curious, did anybody else try the Tarte LipSurgence and have their lips dry out and crack severely afterwards? My bottom lip was literally peeling after using this product. And I thought the peppermint would help my lips, not damage them. 

Hi all!

Alright so this month I got:

The Caribbean Sun Duo bronzer (could be cool if it's lighter than the picture)

The no tug waterproof eye liner (Eye liner is ALWAYS useful)

The Miccelar makeup remover (I'm actually running low on mine and been looking for a better one so this is awesome!)

An eye smudge brush (I mean I can use it)

Gel effect nail polish (Disappointed, i really can't use this due to my job)

Is anyone interested in trading either the nail polish or brush? I cannot use nail polish due to my job so it it totally useless! 

Latest posts

Back