Ipsy June 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then again I'm looking at other bags that people are receiving and they seem to not have anything from the fourth spoiler as well. Have I completely misunderstood something? I was just always under the impression that we get one item from each sneak peek. Though I just realized I didn't get any items from the first sneak peek last month either. 

I'm getting:

- Urban Decay Eyeshadow

- Vasanti Kajal Eyeliner

- Crown Brush smudger/blender duo

- Marc Anthony Beach Waves Spray

- Dirty Little Secrets Baked Highlighter in Bellissima 

I like and will use everything, although in an ideal world, I would have gotten the Jouer higlighter in Tiara instead of the DLS one and the face masks or eye pads instead of the hair product but I will definitely use everything and I'm very excited about the brush. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my bag this month. 4/5

ipsy_june.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting:

Doucce Boombastic Lash Volumizer Mascara

Urban Decay eyeshadow

Boo Boo Cover up baby boo boo cover up

Liptini Cream Lip color in pinktini

Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub

I am happy, hope I get the pink eye shadow from UD though.

I am getting:

Urban Decay Eyeshadow - (hope I get it in fireball)
Be Delectable Everything Balm
Formula X Nail Polish in Wingwoman
Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Pout Potion
Hey Honey 24Seven Day & Night Revitalizing Cream

Overall I am happy, especially with the nail polish. I don't like the Pout Lotion, even though I don't have lip products selected in my profile, I seem to get one every month! 

I'm getting:

UD Shadow - Am I the only one hoping for Lounge over Fireball? I'll use both though, so I'm excited! Wish one granted. 

Seraphine Botanicals Happy Hibiscus Blush - I'm getting too many blushes recently! This one looks like it'll be shiny/glittery though. Maybe a blush topper for me?

Formula X in Wingwoman - I like polish. I like red. Good pick. 

Marc Anthony Beach Waves Spray - Meh. I'm not a huge salt spray fan. We'll see.

Royal & Langnickel MODA Crease/Smudge Brush - Love trying brushes from subs!

Overall, I'm excited!

I LOVE my bag!

Getting:

Urban Decay eyeshadow

Vasanti Cosmetics Kajal Eyeliner

Seraphine Botanicals Happy Hibiscus Blush

Hey Honey 24Seven Day & Night Revitalizing Cream

Cake Beauty Delectable Everything Balm

I love Urban Decay and Cake Beauty! I was actually introduced to Cake through my first Ipsy bag and I've bought from them a bunch of products after that. I'm getting into blushes and eyeliners are always useful and the rivatalizing cream sounds cool. I think this is my favorite Ipsy bag so far.

Oh man. I guess I'm going to be the Negative Nancy here, but I don't love my bag. I'm getting:

ColourPop Cosmetics Crème Gel Liner in Get Paid or Swerve: if this is the Get Paid shade, I'm fine. But I don't want the black one - I have enough black eyeliner in my stash to keep a family of spiders doing dramatic cat eyes for a decade. Seriously. I have a Glossybox of _just_ black liners that's so full I have to attach the lid with a rubber band. So fingers crossed for Get Paid!

Urban Decay eyeshadow in Fireball or Lounge: ok, now this is good.mhoping for fireball, but am ok with either. This is the only item I really want from this month's bag.

Seraphine Botanicals Happy Hibiscus blush: powder blush is my least favorite formulation. Plus I've recently acquired a ton of plush, including two palettes, from high end brands whose names I recognize.

Boo Boo Cover Up: this appears to be a heavy concealer that also treats blemishes. I don't get blemishes, and I only use concealer for under eye circles, so I prefer a very lightweight concealer for that purpose.

BioRepublic Cucumber sheet mask: I like sheet masks ok, but have amassed so many in the past few months, including many from this brand. Unfortunately, the pomegranate variation of this brand gave me a rash. The cucumber might be different, but I'm hesitant to try it.

So for me, this bag is 1/5, or maybe 2/5 depending on the eyeliner shade. I recognize that objectively this might be a decent bag, it just doesn't work for me. And the thing that irks me is I just went back and looked at my ipsy "beauty quiz" responses and the only makeup items I DON'T have checked are eyeliner, mascara, concealer, and blush. And yet I get 3/4 of those? I don't think these preferences come into play too much. Has anyone ever called Ipsy for help in crafting a profile that actually will impact what gets included in the bags?

Semi related note, I find it interesting that the majority of folks appear to be getting the UD rather than thebalm shadow. I think the general consensus was that as the more "prestige" brand, UD would be in fewer bags. At least, that's how I looked at it.

My last two Ipsy bags hit it out of the park. I was expecting this one to not be a good fit for me.

I'm getting UD eyeshadow- rarely use powder shadows and hope I can trade

Elizabeth Mott powder blush in Who Cares?

Hey Honey Thanks Anyway moisturizer

Colour Pop creme gel liner- Get Paid would save the day

Frank Body Coffee Scrub- the only item I'm excited for!

This bag is 1/5, maybe 2/5 if I get lucky. I have to say that I love the theme for June and always appreciate when Ipsy has an artist design the bag.

My bag:

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 1.54.19 PM.png

It's ok. I hope the liner isn't black. Although it'll be my first time trying colourpop items. I'm curious about the brand.

No interest in the hair mask, I'll be trading it.

I slightly prefer fireball shadow, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for that shade.

I'm happy with the cleanser, steam cells eh?

The lip gloss is meh. 

I am getting:

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Fireball or Lounge - Really hoping to get fireball! It looks so pretty

Formula X Nail Polish in Wingwoman - I have liked this formula, hoping that shade is different than what it looks like on the spoiler page

Be a Bombshell Pout Potion in Famous or Secret - Note really a fan of the company or these two colors, hoping they are more sheer

Crown Brush 3 Tone Bronzer - Hoping that these will work out as eyeshadows if they are pigmented enough, as the size of the container doesn't seem that big (maybe? hard to tell)

Delectable by Cake Beauty Everything Balm - So excited!! Love this line

Looking at the other products I would have loved to try the blush by Seraphine Botanicals, the solid brush cleanser, the crease / smudge brush, or the Jouer highlighter! There were some really good products this month!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my bag

FullSizeRender.jpg

I was kinda hoping for the fireball shadow, but I got lounge.  Oh well I'll probably try to wet it and use it as a liner.

I'm trading the hair mask, since stuff like this tends to be too much for my baby fine hair.  If a trade doesn't work out I'll just use it as a conditioner and rinse it out.

I got the rose gold color liner, which I'm pretty happy with. I've never tried colour pop so I'm curious to check it out.

I can always use cleanser, so that's win and this one doubles as a face mask.

Not too excited about the lipgloss. I got the famous color (pink). It'll get used eventually but I'm not overly excited about the brand/product. 

I don't care for the bag itself. I think it's fun and colorful but its' the same old Ipsy bag shape.  

I got my bag today. I was not expecting the UD shadow to be so TINNY. It's about the size of a penny (maybe a dime, actually) and it's definitely smaller than other pan shadows I own, but it's still big enough to get a brush in. I got Fireball instead of Lounge but it's still gorgeous. The Marc Anthony beach spray, I haven't used yet, but it smells SO GOOD. It's super coconutty and I'm ready to just douse my hair in it for life. The dual ended brush is cute. I'll have to test it on my eyes though to really see if I like it. And the Seraphine blush and Formula X polish are pretty as well. 

For anyone who got their bag, was the email spoiler accurate?  I know on reddit someone was saying that your email would tell you if you got fireball or lounge.  Mine said fireball but USPS still has my bag.

For anyone who got their bag, was the email spoiler accurate?  I know on reddit someone was saying that your email would tell you if you got fireball or lounge.  Mine said fireball but USPS still has my bag.
I received my bag the other day. In my email it said fireball and that was the one I received.

I have several ipsy accounts and they all said I was getting the eyeshadow fireball. One of them had the balm eyeshadow in it.

My email was accurate. It said fireball and that was what I got.  Incidentally I decided to get crafty and made a home for Fireball and that single Luxie pan Ipsy sent me a while back.  They now live in a mini Altoids tin.  

Latest posts

Back