Ipsy March 2015-spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I forgot to post this. I was doing my Ipsy reviews the day the new site went live and when I got to the eyelash curler I noticed the strangest thing - it noted that the reason I had received the eyelash curler (I do not have tools selected but I digress...) was because I had PERFUME selected. First of all I do not remember ever seeing that type of information on the old site and second what the heck? It was my last review so I couldn't pay better attention but as soon as I can do my reviews this month on plan on reading everything. The funniest/stupidest thing though is that I do have perfumes selected and there were two sent out in February but they sent me an eyelash curler.

Also, I ran through the quiz again to see if anything changed - while it's easier to see what's turned on/off the selections are all the same BUT no more selecting stylists (which I skipped anyway). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI ladies.

Last week I tried to review my previous month items (I don't review them until I need to cash in points -- so that my points don't expire.) then I realized I could "Review the bag" (pink button under the bag's picture) all the way back to Jan 2014. It's 10 points for each bag! Try that for some extra points!

(I reviewed everything up until last month so I could cash my points. Now I have around 210 points again YAY!)

Oh, I forgot to post this. I was doing my Ipsy reviews the day the new site went live and when I got to the eyelash curler I noticed the strangest thing - it noted that the reason I had received the eyelash curler (I do not have tools selected but I digress...) was because I had PERFUME selected. First of all I do not remember ever seeing that type of information on the old site and second what the heck? It was my last review so I couldn't pay better attention but as soon as I can do my reviews this month on plan on reading everything. The funniest/stupidest thing though is that I do have perfumes selected and there were two sent out in February but they sent me an eyelash curler.

Also, I ran through the quiz again to see if anything changed - while it's easier to see what's turned on/off the selections are all the same BUT no more selecting stylists (which I skipped anyway). 
So I went back and tried to review the Honey mask from last month, but I did not see that reason for receiving anywhere. Where would it be?

On a separate note, my review is not sticking. I need to log out, close browser, delete history, reopen browser, log in again to see if the points took. Anyone else have this issue? And this is for previous month, so it shouldn't have anything to do with early access.

I also noticed the review bag link which gave me 10 points per bag.

ETA: I have 2 bags. When I switch between accounts, I need to do that song and dance about closing browser, deleting history etc to see the different account. When I log in to the second account, the stuff from first bag is still displayed. They have issues with this beta site.

I used to "Like" all of the items that I didn't receive but wished I had. I also would leave good review/comments on them. I swear this helped make my bags better as time went on.
I don't think the ipsy algorithm factored in the "likes". I do think it is based on reviews for products received. The quiz I believe is only used when there is insufficient "review" info (like for a new subscriber). I am just guessing of course!

So I just went to the ipsy for the first time in a few days and apparently glambags are luv now, cause its stopped saying early access coming soon, but it only gave me the option to review one product for points? I'm not sure how I'm gonna like my bag so I'm not bugged about not being able to review the other items yet, but the longer I have to use the new site the more I miss the old one.

So I just went to the ipsy for the first time in a few days and apparently glambags are luv now, cause its stopped saying early access coming soon, but it only gave me the option to review one product for points? I'm not sure how I'm gonna like my bag so I'm not bugged about not being able to review the other items yet, but the longer I have to use the new site the more I miss the old one.
That happened to me as well. I contacted Ipsycare. Hopefully, they will get back to me soon.

That happened to me as well. I contacted Ipsycare. Hopefully, they will get back to me soon.
Lemme know what they say when they get back to you. Of course based on their facebook page, ipsycare is up to their eyebrows in emails right now.

I don't do early access so I'm only now seeing my bag contents. Kind of meh. 3/5

Love the bag.

Nyx butter lipstick: I kind of hope I get the nude because I don't have any. They always send pink though. Grr

Purlisse cleanser: eh. I like the brand but I have more cleanser than I can use. I use a very small amount. Samples last me forever. I'll take it though.

Evelyn Iona concealer: excited for this and shade med ivory will likely work for me.

Marsk shadow: very excited. I wanted this one bad because I've liked their shadows so far.

Gilchrist soames body lotion: nnnooooo I got this in birchbox already. So boring.

This bag is growing on me. I just can't let the lotion kill it for me. Colors will determine if this bag was worth it.

Ok, not a bad bag this month:

Nyx Butter Lipstick - as long as it's not nude :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Marsk Eye Shadow - I would love the gray, the copper not so much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Chella Highlighter - not usually a big highlighter fan but I can make some use of this I think

Dr. Brandt Mattifying Lotion - I don't have a mattifying lotion so I'll give this a try. . . it's not the worst skincare item I've received

Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Cream Oil - I usually hate getting hair products since I don't use most of them but I always use a cream or oil (or cream oil I guess) to tame flyaways :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So 3 likes (potential loves depending on quality and colours) and 2 mehs plus the bag is really cute.  Well played, Ipsy.

@@beastiegirl Bag twins! According to what's popping up on Instagram, we're getting the Marsk eyeshadow in 'Lucky Penny' (copper), and the NYX lippie in 'Little Susie' (bright pink).  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@beastiegirl Bag twins! According to what's popping up on Instagram, we're getting the Marsk eyeshadow in 'Lucky Penny' (copper), and the NYX lippie in 'Little Susie' (bright pink).  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ok on the lippie colour but copper?!? I'm thinking I need to lie about my eye colour on my quiz for next month.  I have fair skin, brown hair, green eyes - but not a warm green, more like a gray-green.  I'm wondering if I tell them my eyes are blue if they will start acknowledging the part where I said my skin is pink-toned?

Ok on the lippie colour but copper?!? I'm thinking I need to lie about my eye colour on my quiz for next month.  I have fair skin, brown hair, green eyes - but not a warm green, more like a gray-green.  I'm wondering if I tell them my eyes are blue if they will start acknowledging the part where I said my skin is pink-toned?
I don't think it matters what color hair/skin/eyes you have selected on the quiz. They send out the same color to everyone receiving the same combo of products. That quiz is a joke.

Is there a place now to indicate skin tone? There's always been the fair/light/medium etc, but I don't recall anywhere to indicate whether you are pink, yellow, or neutral toned. If there is, I need to get on that. I'm pale but warm toned which most subs seem to think is not a thing.

Looks like the NYX for the Purlisse / Vintage / Boo Boo / Brandt is the purple Hulk one, which looks more like a "radiant orchid" color. 

Unfortunately of all the options this was my last preference. I'm hoping they have some good 500 point items this month as I think ipsy and I are close to finally calling it quits. Which makes me sad. 

Looks like the NYX for the Purlisse / Vintage / Boo Boo / Brandt is the purple Hulk one, which looks more like a "radiant orchid" color. 

Unfortunately of all the options this was my last preference. I'm hoping they have some good 500 point items this month as I think ipsy and I are close to finally calling it quits. Which makes me sad. 
Poop. I already own Hunk.

The new website design has made instagram stalking super easy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think it matters what color hair/skin/eyes you have selected on the quiz. They send out the same color to everyone receiving the same combo of products. That quiz is a joke.
You're right.  I don't know why I thought they asked skin tone. . . maybe because they should?!? But they do keep sending me beige, tan, copper eye products which would be lovely if I was warmer toned like most green-eyed people.  I guess that's why I thought there might be some rhyme or reason to it.

This is me and I hope the color is random or in waves. I haven't received shipping yet. Normally I get the e-mail on the 12th and my bag of the 14th. Crossing my fingers for Pops. I love the dark purple but it won't like me.

I haven't seen any bags with my combos:

bag 1. sexy hair, nyx lipstick, IE concealer, dr. brandt, marsk. I would love to know the shades for the lippie and the marsk.

Bag 2: laniege (which I have received in bag 1 previously), dr. brandt repeated, coolway, chella and nyx shadow.

If anyone sees these, would you please post the colors? Thanks much xoxoxo

I just got my tracking today. My bag is already in Compton and it's going to take another 5 days to get to me. I live in nevada about 4 1/2 hours away from Compton. I'm convinced this is the slowest post office in America.

I haven't seen any bags with my combos:

bag 1. sexy hair, nyx lipstick, IE concealer, dr. brandt, marsk. I would love to know the shades for the lippie and the marsk.

Bag 2: laniege (which I have received in bag 1 previously), dr. brandt repeated, coolway, chella and nyx shadow.

If anyone sees these, would you please post the colors? Thanks much xoxoxo
I'm getting the same as your bag combo #1.

I only saw three bags on IG with this combo and they had Pops NYX and Fifty Shades Marsk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back