Ipsy March 2015-spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got the brush also my curler didnt fit my eye.Im sad I tossed both my cheap curlers when I got that dangerous one now I have none but I got a brush Ive needed and almost bought the other day

i got the brush, too. i had told ipsy that my curler was broken. i'm just eh about the brush. i hate brushes without handles.

I could swear this pink kabuki was posted by Ipsy on their Facebook page a year or more ago and when it showed up everyone was freaking out about how cute it was and wanted it in their bag. Then of course they never materialized. Anybody else remember that ? It would have been back in the fall of 2013. I only remember that because I had just joined MUT and that was my first experience with Ipsy frenzy :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

I could swear this pink kabuki was posted by Ipsy on their Facebook page a year or more ago and when it showed up everyone was freaking out about how cute it was and wanted it in their bag. Then of course they never materialized. Anybody else remember that ? It would have been back in the fall of 2013. I only remember that because I had just joined MUT and that was my first experience with Ipsy frenzy :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .
Yes, I remember this too.  Everyone wanted that brush.  That was when there would be so many pages of Ipsy posts to read, it would take me all morning to catch up on what when on the night before.  I liked it when they had those cute sneak peaks to figure out.

Yes I remember this too. I'm pretty sure it was a Cailyn brush that looked just liked this and was in some sort of teaser like, "How would you like to see this in your next Glam Bag". Lots of people wanted it but it never showed up in our glam rooms.

You're right. It looks a lot like the Cailyn kabuki brush. I guess it's possible they handed a bunch over to Ipsy before branding them but I doubt it. It's probably just a knock off. Thanks for posting that though. It would have bugged me forever!

Sometimes Ipsy surprises me with a product that I didn't want in the spoilers that I end up loving. This month I got the Evelyn Iona concealer. I don't have concealer marked on my quiz because I have olive skin that is difficult to match and I also have bad under eye bags/dark circles. I can't use just any concealer. But the one I got from Ipsy is fantastic! I love the consistency and the ingredients! By some miracle even the shade is great on me. Which means it probably doesn't work for most of the Ipsters who also got it. I would love to see more from this brand in our Ipsy bags- maybe the gel eyeliner... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After a year and half of enjoying Ipsy, I've decided to quit and Start with Glossybox.

I really enjoyed Ipsy, it was my first subscription and I think they offer SO much for $10!

Having said that tho, in my time with Ipsy I received at least FOUR black eyeliners, FIVE pearly/champagne eyeshadows, and FOUR tan/brown lipsticks. None of these are colors I especially use, and tho I like giving them away to friends, it was just too repetitive. Changing my quiz didn't seem to effect my bag at all.

I also feel that Ipsy is geared towards younger women, and Glossybox towards older.... and not just because the brands are more $$ :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but I loved my time with Ipsy, and still think its the one of the best subscriptions available!

Sometimes Ipsy surprises me with a product that I didn't want in the spoilers that I end up loving. This month I got the Evelyn Iona concealer. I don't have concealer marked on my quiz because I have olive skin that is difficult to match and I also have bad under eye bags/dark circles. I can't use just any concealer. But the one I got from Ipsy is fantastic! I love the consistency and the ingredients! By some miracle even the shade is great on me. Which means it probably doesn't work for most of the Ipsters who also got it. I would love to see more from this brand in our Ipsy bags- maybe the gel eyeliner... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I checked their website when glam rooms opened and saw that the shade they were sending out would suit my mom perfectly so I gave it to her this weekend and she just texted me how much she liked the concealer. I may have to order the one I saw in my shade.

I wasn't excited about this bag at all. I thought it was too skin care heavy but I ended up loving everything.

Pur-lisse Pur-delicate Soymilk cleanser - where has this been all of my life?! It is so gentle yet took off every stitch of makeup including my eye makeup while leaving my skin hydrated. The price is steep for me at $36, though it feels the way that I would imagine a $100 cleanser might feel.

Dr. Brandt pores more moisturizer - I have dry skin so I am more likely to purchase a different anti aging formula but I felt that it had quality ingredients and it did not irritate my sensitive skin. The tube was underfilled, they could've been more generous in their sample.

Boo boo cover up - I was most dreading this item because of the medium shade since I have very pale skin but it matched me rather well. I liked that it contains tea tree oil as I'm a fan of that. It blends well and the product is nice. It has an average coverage for a concealer.

Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind - a nice face highlighter, kind of a sheer pink. I was most excited about this because it's something different and I like highlighting. I wasn't wowed by the performance but I do like it and hope for more of this brand's samples.

NYX butter lipstick in Hunk - was not thrilled to be receiving this shade initially however I think that it ended up being the best color sent out. It is more fushia than purple, very flattering. It does wear off fast and leave my lips looking koolaid stained but for a drugstore lip stick the formulation is a good one.

image.jpg

I wasn't excited about this bag at all. I thought it was too skin care heavy but I ended up loving everything.

Pur-lisse Pur-delicate Soymilk cleanser - where has this been all of my life?! It is so gentle yet took off every stitch of makeup including my eye makeup while leaving my skin hydrated. The price is steep for me at $36, though it feels the way that I would imagine a $100 cleanser might feel.

Dr. Brandt pores more moisturizer - I have dry skin so I am more likely to purchase a different anti aging formula but I felt that it had quality ingredients and it did not irritate my sensitive skin. The tube was underfilled, they could've been more generous in their sample.

Boo boo cover up - I was most dreading this item because of the medium shade since I have very pale skin but it matched me rather well. I liked that it contains tea tree oil as I'm a fan of that. It blends well and the product is nice. It has an average coverage for a concealer.

Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind - a nice face highlighter, kind of a sheer pink. I was most excited about this because it's something different and I like highlighting. I wasn't wowed by the performance but I do like it and hope for more of this brand's samples.

NYX butter lipstick in Hunk - was not thrilled to be receiving this shade initially however I think that it ended up being the best color sent out. It is more fushia than purple, very flattering. It does wear off fast and leave my lips looking koolaid stained but for a drugstore lip stick the formulation is a good one.
This is the bag I got too. 

I will never be able to wear that NYX though...sigh.

I also ended up getting 2 of the highlighters somehow.  So, if it is nice I will be very happy about that!

I was also surprised by how light the Boo Boo was...happy about that because I too figured I would never be able to use it.

I think the bag this month is very pretty.

This is the bag I got too. 

I will never be able to wear that NYX though...sigh.

I also ended up getting 2 of the highlighters somehow.  So, if it is nice I will be very happy about that!

I was also surprised by how light the Boo Boo was...happy about that because I too figured I would never be able to use it.

I think the bag this month is very pretty.
I got this bag as well, I liked everything we got this month, which is rare!!

I got this bag as well, I liked everything we got this month, which is rare!!
A great surprise considering I remember saying that I was least excited about this bag out of all the bags I've been sent and here it turns out to be one of the best! Lol

Hey ladies =] Ipsy has a FULL SIZE Benefit Cha Cha Tint as a 1000 point reward! =] I thought it was a pretty good deal so I redeemed. Just a heads up! =]

After using the Purlisse + Dr Brandt for a week, my makeup is looking flawless like never before. These are better products than I typically use on my skin, apparently. I wish the price tags weren't so steep. ($36 for the cleanser and $60 for the lotion.) I don't usually spend that much on my skincare but now I'm thinking that maybe I should.

After using the Purlisse + Dr Brandt for a week, my makeup is looking flawless like never before. These are better products than I typically use on my skin, apparently. I wish the price tags weren't so steep. ($36 for the cleanser and $60 for the lotion.) I don't usually spend that much on my skincare but now I'm thinking that maybe I should.
Oh my gosh I know, my skin has never been better after using Dr. Brandt. It's crazy expensive, and I haven't gone through much of my sample yet, but I am trying to justify the $60 price tag.

I don't know much about skin care ingredients but maybe you can look at the active ingredients and figure out what your skin is liking and find it in a less expensive product? Just a thought! Also I have found some dr. Brandt products at t.j. Maxx a full size around $20.

Latest posts

Back