Ipsy March 2019

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As usual I am up half the night going through beauty box spoilers. At least it's taking my mind off of wanting to shop - my March Ipsy is paid for already.

I once read a tip from an Ipsy subscriber: when you see the list of Ipsy spoilers, and you see items that you want, set your profile that you are interested in that category of item, and uncheck all other choices. These are the items I would wish for from the March spoilers;

• Bubble T Cosmetics Lemongrass & Green Tea Body Lotion
  • I DEW CARE Disco Kitten Illuminating Diamond Peel Off Mask 
  • Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm 
  • Floxybae Flaminglo Leave In Hair Conditioner
  • Lord & Berry Velluto Eye Pencil 
  • Illamasqua Hydra Veil Rehydrating Gel
  • Yensa Foundation
  • Ofra Highlighter Star Island 
Therefore, on my profile, I checked that I most love highlighter, eyeliner, and foundation, and unchecked everything else. I also checked that I love cleanser, moisturizer, wash off masks, body butter/lotion, and hair treatment, and unchecked all the other choices. Now I cannot guarantee this tip will work, but I have tried it a few times in the past and it worked for me. That's how I got my lovely it Cosmetics powder. My bags were always better when I took time to do this. It's fun to try, and beats shopping, as I said! Whoever published this tip, thank you. Can't remember where I read it.

Edited to add: I finally got in my bed, and then I realized maybe the Illamasqua veil is a primer, not a moisturizer. I had to look it up and it is a primer. So I had to go back to my profile and uncheck moisturizer and check primer! This is fun. Now I don't feel such a need to buy something when I get paid in the morning. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the March spoilers again, and decided that I also like the Chique Rose Gold Blush Brush, and Skyn Iceland Berry Lip Fix are also nice, so I added Brushes and Tools and Lip Treatment to things I would wish for on my profile. 

The March theme is up on the Ipsy site - it is Strong Women. The bag is rose gold with a navy blue zipper and star zipper pull. Tomorrow they will have the add ons available at 6 am PST. 

It's Ipsy Eve! Tomorrow our bags will be revealed. Some new spoilers came up on my YouTube feed [SelfTaught Beauty channel]. The Lord and Berry eyeliner is green! I love green eye makeup. And Lord and Berry is an elegant Italian brand. There is also a beautiful green eye shadow called Messy Lochnessy from Space Case Cosmetics.  Wouldn't it be great to have elegant green eye makeup for St. Patrick's Day? There's a stunning nude nail polish from Nature's Cartel called Tactful Denial. I also saw another pretty masque and highlighter. I adjusted my profile accordingly. I checked that I would like green eye shadow and neutral nail polish, and unchecked all other choices. This continues to entertain me and it is a great substitute for shopping. 

What the Ipsy Santa brought me:

1. My plan to get the Lord and Berry elegant green Italian eyeliner pencil worked! I don't have a green eyeliner, so I can feel good about this. 

2. I did not get the Disco Kitten Illuminating Peel Off Masque, but I got the Sand and Sky Pore Refining Pink Clay Masque, maybe because my profile says I have oily skin. I do have large pores. I have one of these already from Birchbox, but it's not Ipsy Santa's fault I compulsively buy all the boxes. ?

3. I did not get the Chique Rose Gold Blush Brush I saw in the spoiler, but I got another nice brush. 

4. I did not get the Ofra highlighter I liked, but I got the other pretty highlighter I saw in the last minute spoiler - the Lottie London one. 

5. I got a Ciate lip gloss. 

I did really well. I got two exact products I was interested in from the spoilers, two products types I wanted, but not the exact brand, and one I did not select (lip gloss). I'm going to keep playing with this system. It seems to work, and it's fun. 

The Ipsy add ons are amazing. I can't have any, because I am so broke, and many of them are understandably sold out. I will tell you what I liked. 

Full size (12.00 items)

1. The had three Huda Beauty palettes! They are sold out, not surprisingly.

2. Estee Lauder lipstick is also sold out. I love Estee Lauder. 

Sample Size (3.00 items)

1. I could have added the Ofra highlighter; it's so pretty. I have never tried Ofra, and I am drawn to the brand. 

2. They had the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream sample, but it's sold out too. 

3. Many pretty items from the spoilers were in the add ons: that adorable Illamasqua sample, that pretty Space Case Shadow, and the Disco Kitten masque. 

I guess if I had money I would have gotten the Estee Lauder lipstick, Ofra highlighter, and either the cleanser or eye cream. 

It looks like Ipsy is gonna work out for me this time! 

Latest posts

Back