Ipsy May 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My glam room is live.

I'm getting:

Hanalei Lip Treatment (I like trying new lip treatments as I'm a lip biter.)

10.0.6 Face Mask (I own the full size of this already. I like it well enough.)

Slmissglam Small Contour w07 Brush (Love getting brushes!)

Aurora Gel Effect Polish (Not a fan of either color, but I could use them for nail art..)

Smashbox Mascara (I have SO MANY mascaras right now..)

Overall, I'm excited. Mine shows the purple bag so I'm curious if that's the default image for everyone?

13118987_10210079454448852_2064579883270930214_n.jpg

I got my spoiler.  Hopefully I'm posting this correctly.

Epice Hydrating Mask

SOO AE 3 Collagen Essence Sheet Mask Set

INSPR Eye Fluff Brush

Hikari Shimmer Bronzer

Smashbox X-Rated mascara

I can't complain too much this month but I'm a bit tired of getting blushes/bronzers when I don't use them. Also 4 masks in one month is a lot but they'll get used.

@ mine is also showing the purple bag.

This month I'm getting:

Smashbox mascara (on mascara overload, but this is one that's not yet in my stash)

Pacific eyeshadow (pretty packaging, but I just haven't cared for the wear-time on shadows I've tried from this brand)

Brush of some kind (always like to get brushes, but I was hoping for that cute one with the whales on it!)

The sheet mask trio(SUPER psyched for this!)

Clark's botanicals marine cream (I like skincare, so yay)

3 I'm happy about, 2 I'm meh about. I would have liked to get some micellar water or any of those face oils (or be one of the lucky 4 subscribers who actually get the Glamglow, lol), but alas. It's better than the box of sad Birchbox is sending me this month!

My bag is live! I'm pretty happy this month!

Crazy Rumors HibisKiss Natural Lip Color in Coral- This shade will probably be super usable and I love lip balms. Honestly I was hoping for the Jersey Shore lip balm though. I redeemed for the apple flavored one when they had them up for points before. I've been kicking myself ever since because I should've gotten more! Hopefully I love this brand too! 

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish- I always love getting polish! I received the same brand in a different shade last year. The neon shades offered are not things I would usually buy for myself however that just means I don't have anything similar in my collection already. 

Smashbox X-Rated Mascara- This was what I wanted the most from the spoiler! I always need mascara and have been wanting to try this one!

Slmissglam Small Contour W07 Brush- Yay for bushes! I'm in need of a better contouring brush.

NoTS 28 Remedy Acne Pore Deep Cleanser- I honestly hate getting cleanser. I like to stick to what I know. This however intrigues me and I will try it. Hopefully it won't sting or dry my skin out. 

Overall great month for me 5/5. There's nothing in this bag I won't use. There were a few things I was interested in from the spoilers that I didn't get but even so I don't think I would want to change my bag. 

I am pretty stoked this month. I'm getting:

- Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow Trio - $10

I am always up for getting eyeshadow and I've never tried Pacifica before (aside from the sketchy lipstick in December) so I'm happy with this.

SOO AE 3 Collagen Essence Sheet Mask Set - $12

This was one of things that really stood out to me in the spoilers. I LOVE masks. I am also just getting into Korean skin care so this is perfect so I am very, very excited for this. 

Etat Libre d'Orange Remarkable People Fragrance - $10

I've never received perfume from Ipsy before so this is also exciting. According to the website, the notes are Grapefruit, Champagne Accord, Cardamom, Jasmine, Curry Je, Black Pepper, Labdanum, Sandalwood & Lorenox which sounds very unique.

- Bella Pierre Lip Liner in Nude - $18

I really wanted this from the spoiler. It's full-sized and I definitely need one since I don't have any lip liners. The colour seems like a good match for my lips. Another hit.

Smashbox X-Rated Mascara - $7

This was the item I wanted from the initial spoiler (since obviously I wasn't going to get the Glamglow) and while I have too much mascara, I won't complain. This is a product I will always need/use.

That's a combined value of $57 which is great. I'm excited for 3/5 and happy with the other 2. The only thing I wanted from the spoiler that I didn't get was the sperm whale brush but that's $4 on the Glamour Dolls site so I can always purchase it.

Overall, this was a great month from Ipsy. And the bag is fantastic too (fingers crossed for the pink one).

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we all seeing the purple bag?  I notice none of us have glamglow. 

Jersey Shore Lavender lip balm- I wanted this from the spoilers. I still haven't used up the mango one from last year.

Eva NY Hungry Hair- meh

JPP sun bronzer duo- I love this brand. Their stuff is so cute and smells like candy.

Gel aurora nail polish- it shows hot pink but could be orange- I would like either

It Liner- at least it's not the mascara.

I am very happy with my bag this month!

Getting purple bag.

Hanalei Lip Treatment (very excited to try this)

Hikari Cosmetics Shimmer Bronzer ( i do not have a bronzer like this in my collection so very excited to try.

Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-up Remover ( I will def use this)

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish (I would prefer school pink but neither color is amazing but I do love the formula!

Smashbox X-Rated Mascara (I love smashbox mascara, so I have hope for this)

It looks like the purple bag, but maybe that is what everyone is getting. 

Smashbox Xrated Mascara- I have recently tried this, it works!  Better than glamglow, I know that I am the minority in saying that!

Organic Pharmacy Lip Treatment- I love any lip items!

Mellow Creamy Matte- finally, a lipstick!  Either color works for me, it the red/orange is too much, hopefully I can tone it down w/ gloss!

Hikari Bronzer- This may become blush!

10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Clarifying Mask- not sure about this, will have to read the back.

For my second account:

Same purple bag....

It Cosmetics Mini Liner-I wish they would send brown/blackbrown eyeliners, but I will use!

Jelly Pong Pong Bronzer Duo-I am excited to try this brand!

Smugger Brush

Hanalei Lip Treatment

And some sort of hair oil that is not going on my hair!

Both pretty good bags, can't complain this month.

I'm not thrilled about my bag this month. I'm getting:

Smashbox mascara (excited to try this)

Hanalei Lip treatment (ok)

Jelly Pong Pong Bronzer duo (meh)

Aurora Gel Effect nail polish ( I continuously rate nail polish bad and still get it)

Avene Micellar lotion cleanser and makeup remover (Ok)

My bag:

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 10.44.24 AM.png

Pacifica eye shadow: Looks pretty, haven't been impressed with their color payout though we'll see,

Etat Libr d'Orange: I think I've tried this from Birchbox, but I'm ok with perfumes. I like unique scents,

Hikari Cosmetics shimmer bronzer: Love bronzers, not sure about the "shimmer" part though,

The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant lip balm: love this! I love lip balm and go through them like mad,

Smashbox mascara: Meh, new type I'll give it a whirl.

I would have been happy with a lot of the products offered this month. I'm pretty satisfied with my bag.

I'm getting:

Smashbox X-rated mascara- wanted to try this!

Bellapierre nude gel lip liner- I'll be thrilled if this works on me. I have a lot of pigment in my lips naturally and nudes are hard for me to find.

Slmissglam small contour brush- Third month in a row getting brushes, something I love to get!

Organic Pharmacy antioxidant lip balm- I use lip balm all the time, this one sounds nice.

Avene lotion cleanser/makeup remover- I really wanted to try this, yay!!

I would have loved the collagen sheet masks, but this bag has potential to be 5/5 for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Alright so this month I got:

The Caribbean Sun Duo bronzer

The no tug waterproof eye line

The Miccelar makeup remover

An eye smudge brush

Aurora old school pink gel effect nail polish

Is anyone interested in trading either the nail polish or brush? I cannot use nail polish due to my job so it it totally useless!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting:

Hanalei Lip Treatment, i am a lip stuff junkie, so I am happy about this.

Etat Libre d'Orange perfume, not excited, I don't use perfume.

BellaPierre Nude gel lip liner, cool

Slmissglam brush, love getting brushes

Smashbox Xrated mascara, love getting mascara too

overall I am happy!

Screen_Shot_2016_05_06_at_3_03_26_PM.png

I'm pretty ok with this bag. Not excited about the mascara since I have enough of them but I guess I'll just save it for the future. I don't use bronzer, but I'll try it out. Happy about the lip balm, makeup remover, and eyeshadows!

Back