Ipsy May 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting:

1. Smashbox X-Rated mascara - I'm excited to try this, but I kind of wanted to try the It Cosmetics No Tug eyeliner a little bit more.

2. Glamour Dolls Blending Brush w/ the whale design - so cute!

3. Acne cleanser - I'll probably swap this.  I do have acne-prone skin, but SA (the active ingredient in this cleanser) irritates my skin

4. Hanalei lip treatment - excited to try

5. Mellow lipstick - excited to try

Overall, another good bag for me!

My bag is a big ole bag of disappointment. There were so many skincare things I'd much rather have and what happens, I get one skincare product 
default_sad.png
 I know Ipsy is more makeup heavy, but I have my profile checked so that there's like no makeup (except eyeliner and I think lipstick or concelear). I've been resubbed since January and while my bags are usually great, this is the only awful one, I'm just finding I'm not actually using like any of the makeup they send me, so I think it might be time to cancel.

* Vera Mona Eye Smudger Brush. Third bag in a row with a brush. I'm bored of them.

* Glamour Dolls Gloss Snob in Twirl. What even. I have no words for this. I hate lip gloss, I rate every gloss I receive negatively and what do I get? More lip gloss (and gross bright pink made for 5 year olds gloss as well). I guess if it's not sticky maybe I can use it over lipstick, but in reality I'll probably just trash it.

* Jelly Pong Pong Carribean Sun Bronzer Duo. This could be okay, bronzers always tend to look weird on me, but the blush side looks like it could be okay, and who knows maybe the bronzer will be nice? I'm at least sorta interested in this.

* It Cosmetics Eyeliner. I actually wanted this out of the original spoilers, so yay. Love It Cosmetics.

* Vasanti. I got this before in a Birchbox and I think I have another DS sample of it somewhere. I love this stuff and I'm happy to get more since I can see myself purchasing one day. The only thing I'm disappointed about with this is that all the other skincare would have been new to me, and instead I get a repeat, but at least it's a good repeat!

Overall my bag is like 2/5. Thank goodness both my Birchboxes are good this month!

I'm getting...

The It Cosmetics No Tug Gel Liner - I love gel liners like this and so I am super happy to try one out, especially in a travel size!

Mellow Creamy Matte Lipstick - will be thrilled if I get the nude color because I can never have too many matte lipsticks, but I will have absolutely no use for electro

Hikari Cosmetics Shimmer Bronzer - In my opinion, every shade expect the blusher shade is too shimmery to use as a bronzer. Its just not my cup of tea. However I am going to see if I can re purpose these into eyeshadows because then they would be super pretty.

Vera Mona Eye Smudger Brush - Always happy to get brushes, but especially eye brushes! Super excited for this 

NoTS 28Remedy Acne Pore Deep Cleanser - While I have some pretty good cleansers down I'll give anything a try that says it will clear up acne. My skin isnt sensitive in the slightest so I'm excited to really 'deep clean' my skin.

All and all I'm pretty happy with my bag. There is nothing I wont use so 5/5 for that. There were some other products I would've liked to try but, oh well.

My Ipsy bag came yesterday! Two great bags in a row. Even the gel lipliner looks good on me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did end up with the pink bag, but I can give it to one of my nieces. I hope they do snap closures again sometime.

I got a blue bag, so I'm good with that. I like the gel eyeliner and the JPP bronzer duo. Everything else was meh but nothing awful so I'm happy I picked it back up. 

My bag came today! I got the blue one. I was fine with any color but we all guessed on what color I would get and I guessed pink. My boyfriend guessed right though! I love the Hibiskiss Lip Color. It's the perfect shade and hasn't left my lips dry. The Smashbox mascara gave me definition and volume, which I like. I was also happy with the brush and was tickled to find out it has little jewels on the handle! The face wash seems fine but I've only used it once so I can't really judge it yet. The only slight disappointment was my Aurora nail polish arrived in the pink shade and I kind of wanted the orange. I have an outfit that color will look good with though so it's fine but it's a really bright neon flamingo pink. Like I initially thought I'm very happy with this bag and will use all the items. I know lots of people have a love hate relationship with Ipsy but they continue to remain my favorite subscription. 

I got the blue bag.  For some reason the only color I didn't want was purple.  It's probably from a childhood of constantly being given purple stuff because one time I asked for a purple toothbrush or something. You know how families will assign each child a favorite color and then you are stuck with it forever?  

I got the blue bag. For some reason the only color I didn't want was purple. It's probably from a childhood of constantly being given purple stuff because one time I asked for a purple toothbrush or something. You know how families will assign each child a favorite color and then you are stuck with it forever?
This made me lol! I have two sisters. My blue eyed sister's favorite color is blue so she has always gotten blue gifts. My other sister has green eyes and has always gotten green gifts. I have brown eyes and my Mom "assigned" pink for me and I can't stand pink. I've been trying to convince her that I like purple for 25 years!

This made me lol! I have two sisters. My blue eyed sister's favorite color is blue so she has always gotten blue gifts. My other sister has green eyes and has always gotten green gifts. I have brown eyes and my Mom "assigned" pink for me and I can't stand pink. I've been trying to convince her that I like purple for 25 years!
I always had the strongest dislike for pink and I was also assigned pink by my father!! Pink and Barbie, neither of which I enjoyed. 

IPSY has a 48hour no wait list promo again. Just wanted to pass on the info in case someone wants to sign up

Last edited by a moderator:
Back