Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by TinaMarina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On their facebook page, they keep saying that items will be selected based on our YouMatch profile and that we should be able to retake the quiz. I can't see a way to take the quiz if you're a current subscriber, only if you're new. Does anyone know how?
I have been trying to figure that out as well and I still have had no luck

Hello peeps.. ugh, I couldn't resist and signed up. Lol..I'll try a 3 mo. trial and go from there. Excited about spoilers!

That cream-colored box looks exactly like

The Palladio translucent rice paper.  I know Michelle had that in one of her recent videos and said she really liked the product.
Except that it looks like the bar code is right there on mine.

It also resembles the pressed powder from the Balm, but the pressed powder is a totally different color.

I'm hoping against mascara in my bag!  But then I always hope against mascara.  I've never liked it and refuse to wear it.  For about fifteen years, aka from the time I was makeup-wearing age until she passed away, my mom would give tubes of it to me every Christmas in the hope that I would finally break down and start wearing it, but that never happened, and even with sub boxes sending me tubes of it every couple of months nowadays, I still can't bring myself to wear it.  I'll undoubtedly attempt to swap it for a chunky dark eye shadow pencil, most likely in purple, green, or blue.  I apparently prefer eye colors that make me look like I've got two fading black eyes if I am not super diligent when I remove it (even when I *think* I've done an excellent job of taking it off, I frequently wake up with smears under my eyes).

(This is going to be my first month with Ipsy.  I had been wearing less than the bare minimum as far as makeup goes -- pretty much just lipstick and nail polish, and usually just nail polish most days -- for about four years after a traumatic move that included tossing out pretty much my entire makeup collection, but this has turned out to be the month when I'm finally getting back to my rocker roots and raccoon eyes, which means I need new eye liner/shadow.  Hooray for swaps and that purple stila smudgestick I received in my January Birchbox even though I didn't think I would ever bother using it!  I *really* want to return to my drop-$100-at-Sephora-and-Ulta-every-week ways, but that approach to purchasing was related to issues addressed by the traumatic move, so I decided that Ipsy would be a better way for me to get the regular new toys fix now while not spending tons of money.  And if they send out different shades of things, hello, swaps!  Neutrals are *not* for me, but I have recently been informed that neon turquoise metallic shadow is, much to my amazement.)

That's funny that everyone is talking about how they have too much mascara. I was just talking about that the other day. On top of the one's I've been getting from subscriptions, I was also gifted one of those sephora sampers. I try to use one at a time, so there's too much for my personal use...I've been giving them away haha. It's cool though I never thought I'd have a too much mascara "problem".

On top of that, mascara's shelf life is the shortest among all make ups I believe? I don't really wear mascara because I never figured out how to curl my lashes, neither do I know how to apply them without the product getting into my eye. LOL

Originally Posted by emilyyygloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They also pointed out that the bag is brown with gold. 

Originally Posted by emilyyygloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received it too! So excited for the November bag. The only thing is the bag in the picture looks really similar to the September bag minus the wristlet part. 
It does look a lot like the September bag. But if it's brown that would be totally awesome, it will match my birthday dress! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I honestly love mascara!   I love trying out new ones especially since im limited to drugstore, I probably have so many mascaras in all my drawers lol 

I too am a mascara lover, I don't wear a ton of makeup so it really is the one thing that makes me actually look different so I'm always trying new brands.  I hated the Balm from this month and I loved the Dior in Gossip Girl BB. 

I personally want and need more mascaras! And Ive always wanted to try They're Real, so I really hope I get it!

I do NOT want another lipgloss. Love them, but I've seriously received so many just from subs in the last few months that I will never have to buy gloss again...

And I hope it's not Betty Lou-manizer.  I hate bronzers, and I already tried the full size and traded it away. Awesome for a bronzer, but I can't use them.

I don't really want any highlighting product. I feel like they emphasize the oiliness of my face, and my head looks like a disco ball after wearing them. I can't really complain, though. That's the gamble I face with these subscriptions.

I'm not sure if I'm hoping for or against the mascara, I tried the Balm Body Builder from this month's and after 3 attempts I had to pitch it, just clumping and flaky on me.
icon_cry.gif

I received Benefit's They're Real in my Sephora LashStash from this year, and I'm pretty neutral about it. I've already got long lashes, and it didn't do anything for me other than make them look a bit longer. But as for body and thickness, it did nothing. I was really excited because I loved the look of the wand, too.

Yes, the balms the body biulder mascara did not do much for me either. I found it to be quite clumby and not "buildable". What i really am inpressed by though is the beauty addicts mascara that i just got through a trade. My lashes are like... WOW! lol

I re-subscribed as well. They've really stepped up their game and this month looks great. 

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On top of that, mascara's shelf life is the shortest among all make ups I believe? I don't really wear mascara because I never figured out how to curl my lashes, neither do I know how to apply them without the product getting into my eye. LOL
The shelf life isn't bad as long as you don't open it.  Once you open it, it can become contaminated with bacteria and start to dry out.  I haven't opened my body-builder yet because I still have plenty of mascara.

The cream color box in the spoiler could be 

almost any pressed product from the balm in sample size. Along with Mary Lou/Betty Lou-manizer, it could be Bahama Mama bronzer, Sexy Mama pressed powder, Cabana Boy blush, Hot Mama blush, Down Boy blush. We know a sample size of Mary Loumanizer exists, but it seems like they've been making a lot of samples lately... The good news is that all of theBalm's powder products are utterly fantastic, so I doubt anyone will be disappointed with what they get! 

Originally Posted by stellar136 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, the balms the body biulder mascara did not do much for me either. I found it to be quite clumby and not "buildable". What i really am inpressed by though is the beauty addicts mascara that i just got through a trade. My lashes are like... WOW! lol
I had a lot of trouble with it too. :/ It definitely packs a punch, but is tough to layer.

If I am going out and want really dramatic lashes, I will put on one layer of Bodybuilder and then layer Full n Soft on top to even it out. You might wanna try it.

Back