Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the brushes MyGlam sent out EXCEPT the big fluffy one. It's too big for my personal tastes.
Surprisingly, I find myself reaching for my myGlam brushes often. I like the eyeshadow brush the most, and I actually do like the big fluffy one for blending and softening things up (I think it's way too big for a crease brush, though..). I even ended up trading for a second set of them for my little sister. I would enjoy more little bonuses like that from subs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes there was a funky smell but that was due to the glue the previous fulfillment used to close the bags. Since they switched to their current fulfillment center the bags and products don't reek. When I visited the warehouse in March - when it was still Fulfilco they were using - the products didn't smell but when the bag actually arrived it smelled horrible. I'm absolutely convinced it was the glue they used and the switch to the new company really cinched it for me.
I forgot about that!  Wasn't it the gold glitter one that smelled like seafood?

That I don't remember. I remember the mesh bags in July came from North Carolina but don't recall the gold glitter ones.

That I don't remember. I remember the mesh bags in July came from North Carolina but don't recall the gold glitter ones.
That was the June bag. It contained the Marbella eyeliner, the Philosophy moisturizer, the NYX lipstick, & frizzproof stuff. I never had any smell complaints but that one was pretty gross-smelling. Mine came with loose threads so they replaced it for me.

I was a fan of June's products aside from the liner, but that bag was unfortunate. Mine also had loose strings and smelled gross. I didn't really request a replacement since the bag itself wasn't really my style anyway. Really glad to see they haven't had odor issues again since they switched fulfillment companies.

Yes there was a funky smell but that was due to the glue the previous fulfillment used to close the bags. Since they switched to their current fulfillment center the bags and products don't reek. When I visited the warehouse in March - when it was still Fulfilco they were using - the products didn't smell but when the bag actually arrived it smelled horrible. I'm absolutely convinced it was the glue they used and the switch to the new company really cinched it for me.
I'm glad I waited for that problem to be over with because I probably would have unsubscribed and never looked back.

December will be bag number 3 for me.  So far I can say I am happy with Ipsy and use majority of the products they send me.

Has anyone tried to use the eyeliner to lightly fill their brows?  Does it work better that way?  I'm 1/2 tempted to try on my day off...but I'm not so experienced on the whole eyebrow filling thing.

I like the brushes MyGlam sent out EXCEPT the big fluffy one. It's too big for my personal tastes.
I like to use the big fluffy one to blend my eyeshadow together. No color on it, but just go over the whole eye after I'm done to get rid of any harsh lines. It works great.

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like to use the big fluffy one to blend my eyeshadow together. No color on it, but just go over the whole eye after I'm done to get rid of any harsh lines. It works great.
Yup. I like to do the same. Works great.

I have done the same!
Yup. I like to do the same. Works great.
Ehh, it's okay, but it's no Mac 224, I use that for final blending and the 227 with no product for softening out the edges, it's a lot denser than the "fluffy crease" brushes, so it removes rather than blending more and more, it's great for shaping up under the brows I use the my glam liner brushes for applying glitter and other sticky things I dont want to to get on my nice brushes, is always good to have lots of brushes!

Alright ladies, I need some help. I had just moved when November's ipsy went out. The last it says on tracking that it is being forwarded to my new address as of November 15th. I had contacted my newest post office and asked them where it was, they didn't know - said to wait a few weeks since I just moved - it might just be "stuck". Well I went to the post office where it was last located (where I used to live), and they entered the confirmation number and everything and its not in the system. So basically I am out of $10 bucks and November's ipsy bag! Is there anything I can do?

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alright ladies, I need some help. I had just moved when November's ipsy went out. The last it says on tracking that it is being forwarded to my new address as of November 15th. I had contacted my newest post office and asked them where it was, they didn't know - said to wait a few weeks since I just moved - it might just be "stuck". Well I went to the post office where it was last located (where I used to live), and they entered the confirmation number and everything and its not in the system. So basically I am out of $10 bucks and November's ipsy bag! Is there anything I can do?
Contact Ipsy...they generally have good customer service, they will probably give you a refund.

I did - they weren't really of any help. They told me to contact the post office, which I did and no luck either. So I just emailed them back and told them I was very upset. I

m out of 10 bucks and a really cool Ipsy bag! I doubt they will give me a refund or anything - since it is the post office's fault. I'm just not sure what to do.

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did - they weren't really of any help. They told me to contact the post office, which I did and no luck either. So I just emailed them back and told them I was very upset. I

m out of 10 bucks and a really cool Ipsy bag! I doubt they will give me a refund or anything - since it is the post office's fault. I'm just not sure what to do.
the better business bureau? it sounds extreme but i believe that ipsy has to respond to them.

BBB can't do anything other than act as a 3rd party mediator.
oh ok. i tried :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  i hope that they work something out with you. maybe ipsy should do what bb does when a customer doesn't get a bag: not charge you for the january bag and you can get it for 'free'

I've always suggested to people instead of the BBB to go to their bank/credit card holder and file a dispute and if that fails to file a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office in the state of the company they're complaining about along with their own state ATG. In Ipsy's case because I know them personally my suggestion would be to email them again and request a refund or replacement. Filing complaints and disputes should be a last ditch effort BUT the option is there for the consumer who feels they have contacted the company enough times and it isn't getting anywhere with the company.

I've always suggested to people instead of the BBB to go to their bank/credit card holder and file a dispute and if that fails to file a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office in the state of the company they're complaining about along with their own state ATG. In Ipsy's case because I know them personally my suggestion would be to email them again and request a refund or replacement. Filing complaints and disputes should be a last ditch effort BUT the option is there for the consumer who feels they have contacted the company enough times and it isn't getting anywhere with the company.

Something to keep in mind about the Better Business Bureau:  The BBB is not a governmental organization.  Membership is voluntary, and they charge dues to businesses that do join.  They're also kind of like Yelp in that they have been known to give crappy ratings to good companies that don't join and good ratings to crappy companies that *do* join, *and* they have also been known to flip grades pretty much instantly when the only real thing that changed was whether the company in question joined or quit the organization.  And then there's the part where at least one branch refused to pursue investigations into complaints unless the complainants paid an arbitration fee.  Shady, shady stuff.  I quite honestly wouldn't expect much to come out of a complaint to them.

Back