Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caved & got a second sub yesterday. Works out perfect since I dropped my second BB sub. I'm pretty stoked about the Benefit mascara! I hardly open the ones I get in my boxes because I usually have 5 opened on hand already so I just pass them on to friends. But if I get this one, I am keeping it! I really like it.

I have high hopes for this next bag. Even tho I did get an email telling me to subscribe then I got an another email saying "ooops ur already a subscriber". Duh! LOL

I love love theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer not as a bronzer but as an eyeshadow. It is seriously so beautiful, velvety, & smooth on my eyelids. 

I wouldn't mind receiving a mini travel size :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I caved in and made a second subscription. As a tradeoff, I went to try to cancel both beauty army accounts and can't find a way to cancel?? ahh! and I really really think i need to cancel birchbox, been with them since may and only one month i didn't have major box envy. Idk what to do.....

Anyways i made my second profile a teeny bit different to try to get different or products.... !

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I caved in and made a second subscription. As a tradeoff, I went to try to cancel both beauty army accounts and can't find a way to cancel?? ahh! and I really really think i need to cancel birchbox, been with them since may and only one month i didn't have major box envy. Idk what to do.....

Anyways i made my second profile a teeny bit different to try to get different or products.... !
Me too. I canceled my 1 beautyarmy to get a second myglam and I instantly got added to the november bag. I canceled my julep months ago, planning to cancel my beautyfix during winter quarter, and my LBB on the 1st. that leaves me with 3 birchboxes, 1 that I plan to cancel after november since that box was comped, the other when I hit 500 points so i can get a perfume, and 2 myglams. (ps I hate saying ipsy...)

Next month seems like its going to be another amazing bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I plan on picking up a second MG sub. Does any know if I can use the same info such as name, address, and cc info for the 2nd sub?

Originally Posted by iashleycouture /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Next month seems like its going to be another amazing bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I plan on picking up a second MG sub. Does any know if I can use the same info such as name, address, and cc info for the 2nd sub?
I believe you can but I would put the 2nd one in your middle name to avoid confusion.

I have 2 bags sent to me, but I am not sure if I used the same card.  They are coming to my same name and same address :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by automaticeyesx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received Benefit's They're Real in my Sephora LashStash from this year, and I'm pretty neutral about it. I've already got long lashes, and it didn't do anything for me other than make them look a bit longer. But as for body and thickness, it did nothing. I was really excited because I loved the look of the wand, too.
I actually bought it when it came out and returned it back to Ulta. Your right, it kinda makes them a little longer but that's about it. One of the best mascara's I think is Benefit's BadGal Lash. 

If you haven't tried it, it definitely gives volume and length too. I thought They're Real would compare or be better, but nope...

Maybe I didn't give it a fair shot so I figured I'd subscribe to ipsy and try it again (hopefully they have some left). 

Originally Posted by MissAprosexia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The shelf life isn't bad as long as you don't open it.  Once you open it, it can become contaminated with bacteria and start to dry out.  I haven't opened my body-builder yet because I still have plenty of mascara.
Exactly! I don't open mine either until I am ready to use it. It doesn't come out of the bubble package (if it was purchased in one) I also use white stickers, write the month when I opened the mascara and stick it to the tube. I have a lousy memory so it helps me know when they need pitched.

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually bought it when it came out and returned it back to Ulta. Your right, it kinda makes them a little longer but that's about it. One of the best mascara's I think is Benefit's BadGal Lash. 

If you haven't tried it, it definitely gives volume and length too. I thought They're Real would compare or be better, but nope...

Maybe I didn't give it a fair shot so I figured I'd subscribe to ipsy and try it again (hopefully they have some left). 
I love bad gal lash, but don't feel like it gives me much volume. It lengthens like crazy, but I layer it over another mascara. I love mascara, it's my favorite product and I love to try new ones. I may start a second sub just to make sure I get one. I canceled BB this month, so why not.

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love bad gal lash, but don't feel like it gives me much volume. It lengthens like crazy, but I layer it over another mascara. I love mascara, it's my favorite product and I love to try new ones. I may start a second sub just to make sure I get one. I canceled BB this month, so why not.

I found a technique that I think helps. A sephora sales guy showed me. You start from the base of your lashes and wiggle the brush back and forth to the tips. Then I follow with regular simple strokes. I find that this big brush really fans out your lashes. Of course everyone's lashes are different so that may be the case. In my case, mine are decent length and volume to start with. 

I hope I get the benefit mascara in at least one of my glambags. Its not a big deal if I dont get any, since I ordered the super stars kit from sephora and that has the mascara. But im a mascara sample junkie, so I would love to get more lol!

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the opposite experience. Bad Gal does nothing exceptional for me, but They're Real gives me great definition and a nice little lift that stays. I have it in my current mascara rotation, so I'm actually hoping I don't get it in November's bag.

I'm extremely picky about mascaras and BadGal actually had too many little clumpy pieces for me. The Body Builder one we got last month was also awful for me, I had to give it to my mom. Smashbox's Full Exposure mascara has the same kind of wand as the BadGal mascara, only the formula is a bit creamier so I get absolutely NO clumps with it. That is definitely my 'go-to' mascara.

I just signed up for myglam yesterday after I got the email. I had 3 months wondering if I should sign up! I am ecstatic about the mascara since I've been DYING to try it since it came out. Here's to hoping for a great myglam month! 

Back