Ipsy October 2015 Glam Bags *Spoilers Included*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early Access is up!

Bag 1:

Dr. Brandt Skincare microdermabrasion. Getting this in birchbox too -.-

theBalm liquid lipstick

Tweezers

Delectable coconut & cream nourishing hand cream

Dose Nail polish

Bag 2:

Aurora Gel effect nail polish

theBalm liquid lipstick

Peter Lamas Exfoliating Pumpkin facial scrub. Interesting.

Skone cosmetics eyeliner

Delectable coconut & cream nourishing hand cream. 

Overall I'm pretty excited. I love my bag 2 this month.

Ugh I knew I wouldn't be lucky enough to get the Laura Geller, but I'm getting the Balm liquid lipstick which is a miracle, I never get lipsticks or lip glosses. Also getting It Cosmetics mascara, Coastal Scents eye liner, Ayres hand cream and Lavanila rollerball perfume. So not as horrible as normal but still wish I would've gotten the Laura Geller blush instead of the eyeliner or mascara or hand cream. I keep saying I don't use eyeliner pencils yet they keep sending them to me.

I'm gettin' the blush, ya'll....and a f'ing black eyeliner....AGAIN.

But really:

The Balm liquid lipstick (yay!)

Laura Gellar Blush (yay!)

Coastal Scents black eyeliner (yuck)

Nourish Organic Argan face serum (yuck)

Balanced Guru body scrub (yay?)

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.21.26 AM.png

Three month's in a row of eyeliner.

I'll make a swap's thread in a moment.

I'm happy. I always get the 50/50 product I already have like the smashbox primer that one month. I got the liquid matt instead of the manizer which I have duplicates of so refreshing. I got the shader brush and the it cosmertics mascara which I like the look of the brush. And the mixed bag portion is the argan serum and hand lotion

I get eyeliner nearly every month it seems and I don't use it at all. I don't know how to get them to stop sending it to me. 
 I have the same problem with lipstick! I can't wear most formulas, they break my lips out, yet EVERY MONTH I seem to get them, despite that not being an item checked on my quiz. :angry:

I have the same problem with lipstick! I can't wear most formulas, they break my lips out, yet EVERY MONTH I seem to get them, despite that not being an item checked on my quiz. :angry:
I wish I could swap quizzes with you lol. I would love to get lipsticks or lip glosses and rarely get them. 

I am so happy I like every item this month. That never happens. :wub:

Balm- Meet matt lip gloss - already have cindy-loumanizer from Birchbox .

Aurora gel- always like nail polish, never tried gel

Purlisse BB cream- always need this

Dr. Brandt scrub- got this in Birchbox, love it but would never fork over $80 for a full size

Be Delectable hand cream- was so mad about missing this last time  I almost bought a bottle at kohls for $5

My Bag:

Eva NYC hair mask 

LeeAnni Eco serum

Tarte lipsurgence gloss

Emite Makeup tweezers

theBalm Mary Loumanizer

I love getting hair masks/deep conditioners - I have long wavy/curly hair that gets frizzy/dry easily. I'll try the serum. 

I can take or leave the lipsurgence gloss. I have the lip crayon version of the same thing, and it's pretty, but I don't wear glosses very often.

My emite lash curler was one of the damaged ones. I am not interested in these tweezers. I guess I can throw them in the first aid kit.

I love Mary Lou, but I already have a full size and was really hoping for the liquid lipstick. 

*heavy sigh*

Hey gang :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back after a long(ish) Ipsy break. 

Looks like I am getting:

-AYRES hand cream

- Aurora nail polish 

- TheBalm liquid lipstick (damn! was really hoping for the lou manizer)

- Crown concealer brush

-Vasanti Brighten up!  (YESSS!!!)

I'm getting:

Meet Matt(e) liquid lipstick- looking forward to this. I love theBalm! Hopefully the shade is flattering on me. I like nude and rose shades so chances are good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kbshimmer gray nail polish- Yippee!!! I wanted this when I saw the spoiler last night. Perfect surprise for my birthday glam bag!

Coastal scents eyeliner- I now have enough black pencil eyeliners to use for firewood this winter.

Nourish Argan face serum- I'll give it a try. The eye cream I got from them was unremarkable.

Lavanilla rollerball- I hate getting perfume because I never wear it but I love this brand and vanilla is one of my favorite scents. I think I'll actually like this!

My Bag:

Eva NYC hair mask

LeeAnni Eco serum

Tarte lipsurgence gloss

Emite Makeup tweezers

theBalm Mary Loumanizer

I love getting hair masks/deep conditioners - I have long wavy/curly hair that gets frizzy/dry easily. I'll try the serum.

I can take or leave the lipsurgence gloss. I have the lip crayon version of the same thing, and it's pretty, but I don't wear glosses very often.

I'd love to hear what you think of the Tarte lip gloss. I've wanted to try it to see if it actually adjusts to your personal lip shade.

Dang I thought the Dose was purple lip gloss but it’s a nail polish. I also see that the Laura Geller is a blush and not shadow. 

This is what I’m getting in my bag-

Ayres Ipsy Exclusive Pampas Sunrise Hand Cream- I'm happy with hand cream as long as it doesn't smell awful. I like fruity smells but I don't care for patchouli. 

Coastal Scents Xpress Line Cosmetic Pencil- I found this to be the most disappointing part of my bag. Compared to the Skone it's just bleh, in both brand and color. I will try it though.  Hopefully it's of decent quality. 

Tarte LipSurgence – This is sort of interesting in a gimmicky kind of way. It wasn’t my top pick as I was hoping for nail polish but it wasn’t my bottom pick either. I’m happy enough with it. 

Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum- I more or less have a routine I like already and am weary about adding new things to it. I like that this is hydrating though. My skin has already started getting chapped and winters not even here yet! 

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer- I didn’t really have a preference between this or the lipstick. Although I love matte lipstick and the color was definitely something I would wear I don’t really have much in the highlighter department. 

I’m sad about not getting any of the nail polish. I really wanted the Aurora. I also thought the gray was pretty. As far as the Dose goes it’s in a pill shaped form right? So does that mean the bottom won’t be flat? I would find that aggravating. I’m also sad about the Skone. I loved the last liner I got from them and purple liner works great for me (natural red hair and green eyes so really everything purple works for me lol). I’ve wanted to try the Touch in Sol brow pencil but seeing as it was only offered in one dark color I’m glad I didn’t get it. The Girlactik Beauty Precise Marker Liner also looks great. I work best with marker type liners. Not sure if it’s because they are easier to use in general or because I’m used to inking in my art work. The pumpkin face scrub is very October. I guess they put that and all the purple in for fall.  Overall my bags alright I will probably use three out of five products. It’s not the best bag but not the worst either. 

I totally forgot about Ipsy this month. I just looked today because I got an email saying it had shipped (yay!)

I'm getting: (warning not so yay)

-Mica Beauty Cream Eyeshadow in Bronze. When will these only beauty box brands die? I mean I guess this is okay and I'll probably use it since I like cream shadow, but meh.

-Emite Professional Slant Tweezers. These will go in the first aid kit, since I have no use for tweezers. I might also gift them. Really no clue, but they aren't useful at all for me.

-The Balm Meet Matte Hughes Lipstick! I'm definitely happy to have gotten this instead of the highlighter, but The Balm is just meh to me and this color looks very pink so probably another meh.

-BWC Hand and Body Lotion. I've seen spoilers and this looks huge! I also like this brand and use tons of lotion so at least I'll be happy to use it.

-Peter Lamas Exfoliating Pumpkin Scrub. Whoo! Super excited about this! I'm obsessed with pumpkin and I never get the cool face products so this is a win!

Overall there is 2/5 products I'm excited for! One product I'll use eventually and one probably 2 that I'll give away. I'm usually cool with ipsy as long as my bag is 3/5 but this one is really awful and I'm thinking of cancelling. Unfortunately I redeemed points so I'll have to wait until after November.

Latest posts

Back