Ipsy October 2015 Glam Bags *Spoilers Included*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Ipsy (and other sub boxes) would stop sending out black eyeliner...at least for a little while. I have received 3 black liners from sub boxes this month, and two last month. I don't wear black eyeliner. In the event that another color is an option...I never ever get it.

Then again, I guess it doesn't matter because no matter what they do someone will be unhappy.

I wish Ipsy (and other sub boxes) would stop sending out black eyeliner...at least for a little while. I have received 3 black liners from sub boxes this month, and two last month. I don't wear black eyeliner. In the event that another color is an option...I never ever get it.

Then again, I guess it doesn't matter because no matter what they do someone will be unhappy.
This is how I feel about face masks and I know some people LOVE them. I don't, and I keep getting them. Face scrubs and cleansers I'm okay with but its the masks, sheet and otherwise, that I just can't deal with.

I'm getting:

Mica eyeshadow in bronze (idk we will have to see how it looks)

Dr Brandt microdermabrasion (I've got this before and like it)

The Balm liquid lipstick (yay)

Delectable hand cream (sounds yummy!)

PurLisse BB tinted cream (meh dont like Purlisse)

Overall, not a bad bag this month!

Ah Ipsy, I really need to cancel you but at the same time I feel as though I could never for only $10 a month!

This is what I am getting:

theBalm Meet Matt(e) Liquid Lipstick - Glad about the shade! Hopefully this does not dry out my lips too much, and for some weird reason I keep on thinking that I already have this product (Update: Looked in my collection and saw that it was TheBalm Read My Lips Lipgloss in "BAM!", so super excited about this one!)

Beaut Without Cruelty Lotion - Eh, I already have more than enough lotions (and if it will not have a scent, why even bother to keep it? This one is def going in the swap pile)

Skone Cosmetics Eyeliner - Like how this is a twist up, and that the color is plum (helps bring out my green eyes), I just hope the formula is good!

Nourish Organics Serum - Oh no!!! Everything I have from this brand has smelled so bad, I think this one is going in the swap pile before I even open it

IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes Mascara - Super excited for this!! Just saw a review on it and it looked amazing, can't wait!

So, it comes down to this

Super excited about: 1 2

Excited about (?): 2 1

Not excited about at all: 2

So I guess for Ipsy this month was OK good! Good enough at least to not make me cancel yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Skone Cosmetics Eyeliner - Like how this is a twist up, and that the color is plum (helps bring out my green eyes), I just hope the formula is good!
I received a Skone eyeliner last October and loved it! I got the Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner which is a marker type eyeliner instead of a pencil but I thought the quality was pretty great. I wasn't lucky enough to get one of these in my bag this time (or any of the pretty dark colors for that matter). I'm still hoping they post some things from this bag in the points section. 

I'm happily surprised with my bag.

Bag itself: no thanks

Mica cream shadow: this saved it for me and might even be why I keep this sub yet another month. It's perfect for fall and stays put with no creasing so far and no primer.

Delectable hand cream: nice 2 oz size. It's sealed so I'm going to wait to open it.

Pulisse bb cream: small sample .34 oz. it's sealed so I'm also waiting to finish other BB creams.

Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion: I've decided to stop these types of treatments and now I have 2 of these so this won't get used by me but it has a nice value so I'm ok.

Balm lipstick: smells so good! I want to eat it. Nice color for fall. Feels sticky though. Not my fav.

I was almost definitely cancelling so I cashed in all my points. I'm going to have to look at all my past bags and do a pro con cause $10 alone isn't bad but I'm keeping birchbox and it adds up.

I'm happily surprised with my bag.

Bag itself: no thanks

Mica cream shadow: this saved it for me and might even be why I keep this sub yet another month. It's perfect for fall and stays put with no creasing so far and no primer.

Delectable hand cream: nice 2 oz size. It's sealed so I'm going to wait to open it.

Pulisse bb cream: small sample .34 oz. it's sealed so I'm also waiting to finish other BB creams.

Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion: I've decided to stop these types of treatments and now I have 2 of these so this won't get used by me but it has a nice value so I'm ok.

Balm lipstick: smells so good! I want to eat it. Nice color for fall. Feels sticky though. Not my fav.

I was almost definitely cancelling so I cashed in all my points. I'm going to have to look at all my past bags and do a pro con cause $10 alone isn't bad but I'm keeping birchbox and it adds up.
Bag twins! I'm excited to try the Mica eyeshadow! Thanks for the review!

Bag twins! I'm excited to try the Mica eyeshadow! Thanks for the review!
Your welcome! I used my finger to apply. Since then I also blended it with mattes and it blended well but some was lost so I reapplied with my finger so it stayed dramatic. I think I like it because it is a dry formula and that is probably why it stays put. It stayed all day, even after hiking.

Ipsy has this in their point rewards section right now! Oh how I WISH I had the points for this! Lol 

I just saw that too and cried a little. I have been thinking about buying that set but holding back because I really don't need any more shadow and I really do need to clean out my makeup collection a little. I wouldn't feel bad if I was spending points rather than $$ on it.

I am really in love with my bag this month. 

The cream eyeshadow is a DREAM to put on (and it stays!), the rollerball scent is heavenly, and I've fallen so in love with the matte lipstick, I've already bought two full sized ones! The hand lotion and the tweezers are definitely things I can always use too, so I'm super happy this month!
1jnr54.png

I got...

Eva NYC Hair Mask

Peter Lamas Exfoliating Pumpkin Face Scrub

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick

Emite Makeup tweezers

IT Cosmetics mascara

Overall a pretty decent bag. The liquid lipstick and mascara are worth it alone. I was a little disappointed that the shade of lipstick is almost the exact shade of my lips, but I'm going to wear it anyway lol.

I got...

Eva NYC Hair Mask

Peter Lamas Exfoliating Pumpkin Face Scrub

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick

Emite Makeup tweezers

IT Cosmetics mascara

Overall a pretty decent bag. The liquid lipstick and mascara are worth it alone. I was a little disappointed that the shade of lipstick is almost the exact shade of my lips, but I'm going to wear it anyway lol.
I'm not gonna lie I've got some bag envy lol that is an amazing bag to me!

Hey girls... I'm new to this website. 

I am really disappointing with my bag this month. Would love to swap 4/5 products. 

Can I ask for swaps here or is there a specific area where swaps are published?

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back