Ipsy September 2016 Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time ever I was able to see my bag ahead of time without having to do sharing on Facebook etc. I never share so I always wait for the bag to arrive. The preview shows shipping starts 9/9

here is a picture of my bag

ipsy glam bag september 2016 sneak peek.jpg

I'm pretty disappointed in my bag but it may change when I have it in hand.

e.l.f. palette

Too Faced lip injection...I'm kind of excited for this but I expect it to be tiny.

ulta3 nail colour in sizzling red. I've never heard of this brand so we'll see.

Eva NYC forget me knot dry conditioner. Sounds interesting.

trestique mini highlight stick. Another highlighter just what I don't need/want  <_<

I'm pretty happy with my bag this month:

Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme - excited to try.  I'm happy I didn't get the Eyeko.

Trust Fund Beauty nail polish - excited to try

Living Proof PHD Styling Cream - excited to try

Nuxe Moisturizing Cream - may swap because oils sometimes break me out, but may keep for times when my skin feels super dry

Seraphine Botanicals blush/lip stain stick: will probably swap because the color doesn't look like one I'll use

Ipsy posted my bag today because my card was charged late. I'm getting-

Too faced lip injection, excited to try!

Avene hydrating serum, love this brand!

BaB nail polish, I am not a fan of this brand but if I get the Va Voom shade I'll be happy

Bella Pierre blush, the shade looks pretty but can't say I'm excited for this

Clark's Botanicals moisturizing, another great brand!

There were a ton of products I wanted this month that aren't in my bag but I'm still pretty happy with it.

I got my bag:

image.jpeg

The serum is nealry empty. My bottle is already wrinkled from squeezing some out. Boo! Also it's my third "primer" type product in a row.

The blush is pretty and full sized!

The rest is ok, I don't get plumped lips from the too faced lippie though. Oh well just gloss to me.

The bag is a nice material seems like it won't get dirty.

I canceled my Ipsy subscription so I didn't get this month, and I can't say I feel that I missed out on anything. It feels like Ipsy includes a lot of the same products and brands that other subscription boxes send out. I get that this is probably because these brands are trying to promote themselves, but it gets a little frustrating when you see that a bunch of popular sub boxes have a certain brand for several months in a row. 

I've already gotten a few of the products in this month's selection from other boxes: the Briogeo conditioner (I got this in a sample size from Sephora Play in May, and this month I got the full size from Popsugar), the Eyeko eyeliner, and the Living Proof treatment. I also got a sample size of the Belif product from Sephora (not the sub box, but as an extra from a purchase I made) and I've gotten a couple of samples of the Too Faced lip injection product as a bonus gift in a couple of different purchases. I didn't get the "extreme" lip injection project from Too Faced, just the regular one, but even that one annoyed me with how much it stung so I don't think I would like the extreme version.

I think Ipsy is a cute service, but it really needs to branch out and start including a better variety of brands. There are brands that I repeatedly see on Ipsy, and it just gets annoying. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back