Is there a good way to get rid of blackheads r/o

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to get rid of blackheads for at least 30 years. I've tried anything and everything--they've only gotten worse. I use the strongest Tazorac they make, might as well be water. I'm beginning to think I may have to learn to live with them.

I've only had them slightly on the sides of my nose, and using a microdermabrasion has helped a lot!

Originally Posted by dr.lubna zubair dont use jojoba oil try which is prescribed before. hi dr.lubna....u r my country cousin
smile.gif
we belong to same profession as well !!!

I just recently did some research and got the book "The Skin Type Solution" by Leslie Baumann, MD. and she actually recommends avoiding jojoba oil if you have oily acne-prone skin.

I second the glycolic acid. I just started using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub which contains beta hydroxy acids (2% salicylic acid) and alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic acid). So far I like the product - I only use it in the morning and then I use the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar at night before I apply my 2.5% benzoyl peroxide lotion.

Here are the ingredients for the Daily Scrub:

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne Treatment)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ester, Polyethylene, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate-60, Steareth 21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

You know,

I may have to start using the Neutrogena again. It's the only thing that worked to stop the blackheads and pimples I had... I need the AHA and BHA combo.

I gotta go try this Dermalogica, hope it works. I don't want to resort to squeezing the blackheads again. painful painful.......

Latest posts

Back