Is there a good way to get rid of blackheads r/o

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a way to get rid of blackheads with out the use of BHA's? BHA's seem to have no effect on my skin after a while and I am back to the same old blackhead. I do extractions once a week or so but they always reappear of course. BHA's do the job at first but then the results fade, so is there anything I can do to keep blackheads at bay that don't require their use? TIA!

Damnnnnn that sounds awesome! Can I ask where you get this from and how much it costs? Thanks!

Yes, I agree with Jules. Dermalogica Daily Microfolient is the best. I've been using it for 2 years and LOVE it! It about $40-$45 and its sold at Salon/Spa's or online. Originally Posted by Mz LaLa Damnnnnn that sounds awesome! Can I ask where you get this from and how much it costs? Thanks!

Ever since I started using Fanie skin care products my blackheads have gone away. I only get them rarely now. I had my chin covered with blackheads when I was using L'occitane and Clarins skin care products. I'm also interested in trying Borghese Fango Mud for the face because I've read several raves about the product helping to keep your pores clean.

Add EFA's to your diet, cut out flour, sugar, fried & fake food. Include Liquid Sponge & Hot Dot to your Fanie line of skincare, use a little baking soda mixed in with their White Oak Bark cleanser for an exfoliant 1-2 times a week & use Dreme Cream.

You guys have been mentioning this Fanie skin care line a lot. I just checked out the website and I want to get some new products. Do you know if it has a smell to it?? What products have you tried already. I'm considering the white oak cleanser and maybe a mask. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Ever since I started using Fanie skin care products my blackheads have gone away. I only get them rarely now. I had my chin covered with blackheads when I was using L'occitane and Clarins skin care products. I'm also interested in trying Borghese Fango Mud for the face because I've read several raves about the product helping to keep your pores clean.

I don't think the products have really a smell to them, maybe just a faint "clinical" smell when you open the container. There is no perfume or other scents like that. The products don't contain fragrances. I used the White Oak Cleanser but I think it was little too drying on my face so I'm trying the Creamer version now. I like the Unveil which works great. It's like a peel. Once you but it on your skin heats up which helps to clear your pores. I like Unveil but I think I was using it too much in the beginning (2-3 times a week) and it was too much for my sensitive skin so I'm taking a little break now from it. Also the Masque 1 is great if you are looking to firm your skin. I'm not sure it's a necessity for me since I'm pretty young and don't have that much to firm (at least not yet so it's great as a perventative care). I think I was using that mask too too much because I got so excited about it. It feels weird when you put it on because it like plumps up your face (almost looks like you are swollen but as soon as you wash it off your face looks normal again) I just wanted to point that out because the first time I tried it, it freaked me and my husband out. It comes in a powder form and you mix it with Truskin. The mask 1 can be pretty drying though so they recommend to use herbal oil after the mask to replace the oil in the skin. You might want to call Fanie and see what products they would recommend for you. This line is different from regular drugstore/department store brands and I was using too much of the products because I forget how much concentrated the creams etc are since this line is an estethician type of line.

Some of the creams smell like the name on the label: Apricot cream smells like apricot (a little synthetic to me but fruity nevertheless); Protein cream smells delicious, light, sweet. There are essential oil in the products that are "fractured", meaning they've been broken down to a point where the skin can absorb it & utilize the beneficial properties fully. Collagen C & Orange cream smell citrusy (clinical sort of), Misty E & Spray are light, as is Sweet Birch cleanser. Elastin lotion & Nutritone smell a little of cassis, a cinnamony warming oil. Herbal oil doesn't smell oily or sweet, it's just there. Sateen Velvet is minty & Hot Dot & Unveil !% are also warmin smell due to their initial heat activating purpose. Dreme creme has avocado oil in & is a lovely minty green color. Liquid sponge doesn't smell, neither does the Nail Hardener. White Oak cream cleanser is lavendar based so it's obvious, while the gel cream doesn't have much odor. All fragrances are natural, not perfumed. And they are concentrated so don't get all sloppy like with other lines. It's priced like Borghese & you get twice to three times the usage out of each product. Make sure you 'prep' your face with about 10-30 splashes of warm water & finish with or mix product with Misty Spray for more spreadability.

You're doing all you can to eradicate blackheads! Keep using your BHA and doing the extraction thing! A good BHA at the right PH level WILL eventually get inside your pores to melt away that hard oil plug. Sounds gross I know! You have to keep at it. Back off on it to every other day and see how that works.

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa Is there a way to get rid of blackheads with out the use of BHA's? BHA's seem to have no effect on my skin after a while and I am back to the same old blackhead. I do extractions once a week or so but they always reappear of course. BHA's do the job at first but then the results fade, so is there anything I can do to keep blackheads at bay that don't require their use? TIA!

You might add enzymes to your diet to make sure you're breaking down food you eat better & eliminating what's waste as quickly as possible. Also helpful, essential fatty acids that aren't provided by meals. They lubricate from inside out. Jojoba oil & Emu oil are both close to our natural oils. Similar to the Atkins diet approach where you need fat to burn fat, you need oil to break oil down. I use a diluted toner of 2 Tbs. organic apple cider vinegar in in 8 oz. distilled water after cleansing for tough spots.

I've tried using Jojoba oil on my face...unfortuantly my skin doesn't like it too much..but tis good for other things
biggrin.gif

I'll hafta try the fruit mask sometime..sounds good.

Temporarily u may use hot wax easily, just make a patch of wax upon bleack head, wait and press a little with index finger and pull the wax. u 'll be pleased to see the result. more better result may be obtained from bleach before an hour to wax but only in the case of black heads not long and thick hairs. its heard that some surgical procedure is now available for, but not confirm.researching now a days.

regards

Dr. lubna zubair alam

(pakistan)

use hot wax after an hour use bleach but aeasy and satisfying its heard that a laser treatment is available but not confirmed so researching on this.

Originally Posted by dr.lubna zubair

Temporarily u may use hot wax easily, just make a patch of wax upon bleack head, wait and press a little with index finger and pull the wax. u 'll be pleased to see the result. more better result may be obtained from bleach before an hour to wax but only in the case of black heads not long and thick hairs. its heard that some surgical procedure is now available for, but not confirm.researching now a days.​
regards​
Dr. lubna zubair alam​
(pakistan)​

WOW Welcome from Pakistan!!
Excellent to have you visiting!

I can't use jojoba oil either..It made me break out horribly..I guess it's just too rich for me?!?

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa I've tried using Jojoba oil on my face...unfortuantly my skin doesn't like it too much..but tis good for other things
biggrin.gif

I'll hafta try the fruit mask sometime..sounds good.

Can someone, give me the site where to order ' Dermalogica Daily Microfolient ' thanks=)

Originally Posted by TW1NKLE Can someone, give me the site where to order ' Dermalogica Daily Microfolient ' thanks=) They are having a 15% off for this product and they do have delivery service to countires other than the U.S.. Here you go:-http://store.faceetc.com

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) WOW Welcome from Pakistan!!
Excellent to have you visiting!

Hi,I'm a little confused.......................are you saying to use the hot wax first and then wait an hour to use the bleach? Or are you saying to use the bleach first. BTW, it sounds like a great idea.

Thanks in advance, Dr.

Latest posts

Back