Isadora Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Isadora makeup is now available here in the US at Walgreens. Has anybody tried the line? I remember this line from when I lived in Finland but I don't remember if the line was any good.

I never heard of it...I'll have to check it out next trip to Walgreens....

Hi Reija! Glad you're feeling better.

I saw that line at Walgreens the other nite. I have never tried it, but I was SOOOOO tempted to buy a couple of the e/s palettes. The colors looked pretty and vibrant! Sorry, I cant say more than you already know.... I think I'm gonna give in and try this line next time I'm in Walgreens.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Isadora makeup is now available here in the US at Walgreens. Has anybody tried the line? I remember this line from when I lived in Finland but I don't remember if the line was any good.

i think girl_geek has a gloss or something by this name. i always see ads in magazines for it and it looks nice.

I´ve tried a lot of it since it´s Swedish
smile.gif

It is a cheap brand and not the best quality, I bought more from their line some years ago when the prices where lower, now at least here in Sweden Rimmel is cheaper. I don´t really know what they sell it for in USA, but if it´s cheap it´s worth the money
wink.gif

The good thing about them is that all is fragrance free and I have never heard anyone having a bad reaction to there products. They have a quite huge range of eyeshadows, but they are not that good quality, but I think most of them are a little better than average drugstore quality and I think they are better than Rimmel ones and have more color than the ones from L´oreal that I have. They also have quite nice lipliners, that are available in just about every color possible.

I would stay away from foundations and mascaras, and buy that from L´oreal instead.

I bought a nice waterproof eyeshadow stick from them the other week and it had really good stayingpower and looked really nice. I don´t know if it really was waterproof since I didn´t swim with it, but it stayed on without creasing or moving on a really hot humid day.

20045111248328171107_WPEyeShaSti_prod.jpg

It was this one, but in the Frosted Walnut shade.

//Jenny

Originally Posted by Jennifer i think girl_geek has a gloss or something by this name. i always see ads in magazines for it and it looks nice. Hey, you're right! lol
I have Brilliant Lip Shine in Sorbet (kind a light peach/nude) and Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Angora Pink (a pale pink). I don't know if it's because these colors are so light or if they're just poor quality glosses, but they both go on so sheer I might as well not wear gloss. All they do is make my lips shiny.
frown.gif
Fortunately I got them on sale because they were not worth the $10 per gloss they used to charge! (I think they may have dropped the price a dollar or two now.)

Also, I don't know how they can say that their products are fragrance-free, because the Sorbet l/g definitely has a sweet scent to it, and the ingredients even list "Aroma/Flavor"!

never heard of this brand before,i will check it out.I do think walgreens has a policy where you can return makeup.

By the way Reija,how are you feeling!!!!!!i hope everything is going smoothly!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tussan I´ve tried a lot of it since it´s Swedish
smile.gif

It is a cheap brand and not the best quality, I bought more from their line some years ago when the prices where lower, now at least here in Sweden Rimmel is cheaper. I don´t really know what they sell it for in USA, but if it´s cheap it´s worth the money
wink.gif

The good thing about them is that all is fragrance free and I have never heard anyone having a bad reaction to there products. They have a quite huge range of eyeshadows, but they are not that good quality, but I think most of them are a little better than average drugstore quality and I think they are better than Rimmel ones and have more color than the ones from L´oreal that I have. They also have quite nice lipliners, that are available in just about every color possible.

I would stay away from foundations and mascaras, and buy that from L´oreal instead.

I bought a nice waterproof eyeshadow stick from them the other week and it had really good stayingpower and looked really nice. I don´t know if it really was waterproof since I didn´t swim with it, but it stayed on without creasing or moving on a really hot humid day.

20045111248328171107_WPEyeShaSti_prod.jpg

It was this one, but in the Frosted Walnut shade.

//Jenny

Hey, I might check that out as a replacement for my L'Oreal Color Fresco shadows, since I can't find them anywhere anymore!

They don´t claime the brilliant lip shine to be fragrance free, I think they put flavor on some of their lip products that are not lipsticks. Mostly people don´t like unscented lipglosses since all products have ingredients that have their own smell and taste and most people don´t like this in certain lipproducts. For example vanilla is common.

I think it might be that the colors you have are quite sheer, mostly IsaDora products have good color and the problems are more related to staying power and texture and with foundations - how natural they look.

//Jenny

Originally Posted by Tussan They don´t claime the brilliant lip shine to be fragrance free, I think they put flavor on some of their lip products that are not lipsticks. Mostly people don´t like unscented lipglosses since all products have ingredients that have their own smell and taste and most people don´t like this in certain lipproducts. For example vanilla is common.
I think it might be that the colors you have are quite sheer, mostly IsaDora products have good color and the problems are more related to staying power and texture and with foundations - how natural they look.

//Jenny

OK, cool ... I thought the display said *all* of their products were fragrance-free but apparently not
wink.gif
I had never heard of the brand before and just decided to pick them up when I saw them in Walgreens
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tussan They don´t claime the brilliant lip shine to be fragrance free, I think they put flavor on some of their lip products that are not lipsticks. Mostly people don´t like unscented lipglosses since all products have ingredients that have their own smell and taste and most people don´t like this in certain lipproducts. For example vanilla is common.

//Jenny

OK, so I just got from Walgreens, and the display for Brilliant Lip Shine specifically said "Fragrance Free." In fact, all of the lipgloss displays said "Fragrance Free" in the description of the gloss. I guess IsaDora can get away with it because they call it "Aroma/Flavor" in the ingredients .... maybe an ingredient used for its flavor doesn't count as a "fragrance"?

Originally Posted by girl_geek OK, so I just got from Walgreens, and the display for Brilliant Lip Shine specifically said "Fragrance Free." In fact, all of the lipgloss displays said "Fragrance Free" in the description of the gloss. I guess IsaDora can get away with it because they call it "Aroma/Flavor" in the ingredients .... maybe an ingredient used for its flavor doesn't count as a "fragrance"? That may be the case, but to me if it has an ingredient added specifically to make it smell better/different/good, then that qualifies as a fragrance. Maybe the cosmetics industry has a specific definition of a fragrance though. I'll have to research this. Interesting.

Weird!

If you check their website, that one doesn´t say it´s fragrance free, on the ones that are it says so.

IsaDora is fragrance free a little bit like Clinique, most products are but not all, especially hair care products can have fragrant ingredients. For most parts, I think IsaDora is better about it, because Clinique have often masked this so you can´t tell by the ingredients list (their hair care has had a lot of smelling ingredients obviously added just for the smell, but it still says fragrance free and there are no "fragrance" in the list.

Since I´m sensitive for smells, I´ve learn that to be sure I have to open the product and sniff it ;(

//Jenny

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Isadora makeup is now available here in the US at Walgreens. Has anybody tried the line? I remember this line from when I lived in Finland but I don't remember if the line was any good. I work at Walgreens and I too have been very tempted to try it out. We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all makeup products (may vary by store - although it shouldn't)....since you can't open it in the store. Prior to jumping on the forum today I couldn't see myself buying it when I could just buy another brand for less....but now that I see all the awesome looks Trish has put together...the vibrant colors of IsaDora are calling my name. So, try it (and make sure you pay in Cosmetics - ALWAYS!! no matter what you've got!) and if you don't like it bring it back.
If anyone ever has a Walgreen's question let me know....I'm a Beauty Advisor and....I'm about to go to work now....IF I can pull myself away from MuT.

LOVE IT!!

Melissa

THere isn't a Walgreens near me, so I guess I won't be trying IsaDora. But (and I'm probably just being silly) the line's advertising realy turned me off. The models have some weird stuff going on--eyeliner and shadow looked unblended, eyebrows were drawn in really fake looking, and oh my gosh, major trout-pout on the lips. Also it looked like someone in editing drew on some long, fake black eyelahses. That just really turned me off big time. If I went to Walgreens, I'd certainly look at the makeup and give it a chance, but man they need to work on their print ads.

Originally Posted by glamslam THere isn't a Walgreens near me, so I guess I won't be trying IsaDora. But (and I'm probably just being silly) the line's advertising realy turned me off. The models have some weird stuff going on--eyeliner and shadow looked unblended, eyebrows were drawn in really fake looking, and oh my gosh, major trout-pout on the lips. Also it looked like someone in editing drew on some long, fake black eyelahses. That just really turned me off big time. If I went to Walgreens, I'd certainly look at the makeup and give it a chance, but man they need to work on their print ads. You can always buy it online!! I do agree that the models aren't very well decorated, but we can do better....I bought some today!! It's now 25% off at Walgreens through next Saturday....so if yall wanna try it now's the time. I got some eyeshadows and mascaras....I'll post a review soon.

Melissa

I've seen it at Walgreens, but when I was there, it wasn't on sale. It seemed a bit pricey for a drugstore line... and being I've never tried any of their stuff... I passed - but maybe now that its on sale, I'll give it a try if It seems to be pretty good
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I've seen it at Walgreens, but when I was there, it wasn't on sale. It seemed a bit pricey for a drugstore line... and being I've never tried any of their stuff... I passed - but maybe now that its on sale, I'll give it a try if It seems to be pretty good
smile.gif
The sale begins tomorrow. Technically it started at 8pm today (b/c that's when the computer switches over....).
Melissa

Originally Posted by eightthirty The sale begins tomorrow. Technically it started at 8pm today (b/c that's when the computer switches over....).
Melissa

Thanks Melissa!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh, BTW - I'm Janelle from NY... not sure if we met yet !!
icon_redface.gif

one of my friends has a few things from isadora...I think it is harder to get over here now. so I will be checking out Walgreens for isadora stuff next time I´m in the US.

I remember my friend used some isadora blush and e/s on me once. I really liked it!

Latest posts

Back