Quantcast

I've got 2 Gmail invites....

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
I've got 2 Gmail invites for the 1st two people that PM me with their initials and email addy.
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
What are these for?





Originally Posted by Tinydancer

I've got 2 Gmail invites for the 1st two people that PM me with their initials and email addy.




 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
Hey Tony!

It the new email system created by Google, its still in beta-testing and available through invitation only. I've had it about 3 months and so far I really love it, no problems what so ever.

<table cellpadding="5" width="94%" align="center" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td valign="top">A Google approach to email.</td> <td valign="top"> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> Gmail is an experiment in a new kind of webmail, built on the idea that you should never have to delete mail and you should always be able to find the message you want. The key features are:

[*]Search, don't sort.

Use Google search to find the exact message you want, no matter when it was sent or received.

[*]Don't throw anything away.

1000 megabytes of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.

[*]Keep it all in context.

Each message is grouped with all its replies and displayed as a conversation.

[*]No pop-up ads. No untargeted banners.

You see only relevant text ads and links to related web pages of interest.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What are these for?
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Ahh Gmail, yes I know it. But We don't need it since we own www.SurfCityHosting.com . Plus, if you have a MakeupTalk email address like some do here, you have NO ads and unlimited storage






Originally Posted by Tinydancer

Hey Tony!It the new email system created by Google, its still in beta-testing and available through invitation only. I've had it about 3 months and so far I really love it, no problems what so ever.


A Google approach to email.


Gmail is an experiment in a new kind of webmail, built on the idea that you should never have to delete mail and you should always be able to find the message you want. The key features are:

  • Search, don't sort. Use Google search to find the exact message you want, no matter when it was sent or received.

  • Don't throw anything away. 1000 megabytes of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.

  • Keep it all in context. Each message is grouped with all its replies and displayed as a conversation.

  • No pop-up ads. No untargeted banners. You see only relevant text ads and links to related web pages of interest.





 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Wow - Tony didn't know about Gmail? Shocking! My husband and I have been raving about it for quite some time!

Gmail is good for being able to check email away from home, though, anywhere, in fact! It's competitive with other web-based services, like Hotmail and Yahoo (though I love my Yahoo).

I don't yet have a MUT address, but when/of I get one, it'll be like my other forwarding addresses, like pobox.com. I only check that through our server on Outlook Express. Granted, I *can* check it away from home, through the Earthlink site, but it is more of a hassle. I'm used to the interface of Yahoo and Gmail; Earthlink's webmail isn't that great. And Earthlink isn't unlimited, so it can only hold so many messages. That's bad if I'm away for a few weeks, and I haven't been home to download my emails to Outlook. I'm on a lot of groups and mailing lists, so my account can be easily overloaded. At least Gmail (and even Yahoo now, with it's increased storage) can handle all that storage when I'm out of town.

So, web-based large amounts of email storage are a blessing to me.


Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Ahh Gmail, yes I know it. But We don't need it since we own www.SurfCityHosting.com . Plus, if you have a MakeupTalk email address like some do here, you have NO ads and unlimited storage
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Yeah I knew about it already Plus all the controversy of the ads etc. But not the Invite portion. We don't have to worry about emails like that since we own our own hosting company and we have unlimited anything/everything LOL

You can also check your MakeupTalk emails from any browser.





Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea

Wow - Tony didn't know about Gmail? Shocking! My husband and I have been raving about it for quite some time!
Gmail is good for being able to check email away from home, though, anywhere, in fact! It's competitive with other web-based services, like Hotmail and Yahoo (though I love my Yahoo).

I don't yet have a MUT address, but when/of I get one, it'll be like my other forwarding addresses, like pobox.com. I only check that through our server on Outlook Express. Granted, I *can* check it away from home, through the Earthlink site, but it is more of a hassle. I'm used to the interface of Yahoo and Gmail; Earthlink's webmail isn't that great. And Earthlink isn't unlimited, so it can only hold so many messages. That's bad if I'm away for a few weeks, and I haven't been home to download my emails to Outlook. I'm on a lot of groups and mailing lists, so my account can be easily overloaded. At least Gmail (and even Yahoo now, with it's increased storage) can handle all that storage when I'm out of town.

So, web-based large amounts of email storage are a blessing to me.






 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Ahh, well, right now Gmail is in it's beta testing stage, so the only way you can get an account is by invite only.


Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yeah I knew about it already Plus all the controversy of the ads etc. But not the Invite portion. We don't have to worry about emails like that since we own our own hosting company and we have unlimited anything/everything LOL
You can also check your MakeupTalk emails from any browser.

 

Latest posts

Top