Quantcast

jane eyezings raves or rants?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Ive been hearing quite a bit about these jane eyezings eyeshadow. In one of my magazines, it said that katie holmes loves these. I know a lot of you guys on this board have mentioned this before. I've never tried it, because of the $3 price tag. I was afraid it was just crap and ill just be wasting $3 away. What are your opinions on those. Do they blend well and are they pigmented what colors would you recommend. I also heard that the quality are comparable to MAC. Is that true??? cuz if it is im stocking up on these babies.

Reaction score
I know ALOT of people like these but I wasn't impressed.Quality is mediocre,the break easily and they discontinue their best shades too often..I always seem to go against trend though..I love what others loathe(and visaversa)

Originally Posted by maiho Ive been hearing quite a bit about these jane eyezings eyeshadow. In one of my magazines, it said that katie holmes loves these. I know a lot of you guys on this board have mentioned this before. I've never tried it, because of the $3 price tag. I was afraid it was just crap and ill just be wasting $3 away.
What are your opinions on those. Do they blend well and are they pigmented what colors would you recommend. I also heard that the quality are comparable to MAC. Is that true??? cuz if it is im stocking up on these babies.

Reaction score
I completely agree with Allisong. I didn't see anything so great about eyezings but so may gals love them, I don't get it.

Originally Posted by maiho Ive been hearing quite a bit about these jane eyezings eyeshadow. In one of my magazines, it said that katie holmes loves these. I know a lot of you guys on this board have mentioned this before. I've never tried it, because of the $3 price tag. I was afraid it was just crap and ill just be wasting $3 away.
What are your opinions on those. Do they blend well and are they pigmented what colors would you recommend. I also heard that the quality are comparable to MAC. Is that true??? cuz if it is im stocking up on these babies.

Reaction score
I think they are nice eyeshadows for the price. They don't seem as pigmented as MAC, but I think this makes them more wearable (colors don't come out too bright). But, I agree that most of the colors I liked are now discontinued. I'm also not sure if Target is still carrying this line--last time I was there the space for Jane was gone! And since I have started buying more expensive brands, I find that I don't reach for the eyezings as much. If you want to try any, my fave is Goldielooks (shimmery gold).

Reaction score
thanks u guys for responding. I think i made up my decision and not try it for now until i'm at target and there happens to be a color that really catches my eyes. If the quality is just ok then i would just rather stick to mac. It's worth my money.

Originally Posted by kiteless it depends on the shade honestly. some are ridiculously chalky and have 0 pigment, while others are really nice. i have 4 of them, dream cream (buttery cream colour), mythology (white gold pearl), and fairy dust (supposedly like UD speed). dream cream is a great base colour, it doesn't crease, and i really like it. the other two are just so so. some of the others that are good include clubbing (black w/ microglitter) and sungloss (peachy gold). but for $3 - $4 apiece, its good to take a chance. you never know.

Reaction score
I like these for the most part. But Jane is becoming really elusive in my area anymore and I can't hardly find any. I bought a ton of them on clearance when my Walmart was clearancing out the whole line. Its has been sourt of a hit or miss with certain shades tho...and its true...most of their best shades are discontinued. But most of the ones I have tried have really good pigment and lasting power, and I'm rather pleased at mine. Plus they work incredible wet.

Latest posts