jane eyezings raves or rants?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive been hearing quite a bit about these jane eyezings eyeshadow. In one of my magazines, it said that katie holmes loves these. I know a lot of you guys on this board have mentioned this before. I've never tried it, because of the $3 price tag. I was afraid it was just crap and ill just be wasting $3 away. What are your opinions on those. Do they blend well and are they pigmented what colors would you recommend. I also heard that the quality are comparable to MAC. Is that true??? cuz if it is im stocking up on these babies.

I know ALOT of people like these but I wasn't impressed.Quality is mediocre,the break easily and they discontinue their best shades too often..I always seem to go against trend though..I love what others loathe(and visaversa)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by maiho Ive been hearing quite a bit about these jane eyezings eyeshadow. In one of my magazines, it said that katie holmes loves these. I know a lot of you guys on this board have mentioned this before. I've never tried it, because of the $3 price tag. I was afraid it was just crap and ill just be wasting $3 away.
What are your opinions on those. Do they blend well and are they pigmented what colors would you recommend. I also heard that the quality are comparable to MAC. Is that true??? cuz if it is im stocking up on these babies.

I completely agree with Allisong. I didn't see anything so great about eyezings but so may gals love them, I don't get it.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by maiho Ive been hearing quite a bit about these jane eyezings eyeshadow. In one of my magazines, it said that katie holmes loves these. I know a lot of you guys on this board have mentioned this before. I've never tried it, because of the $3 price tag. I was afraid it was just crap and ill just be wasting $3 away.
What are your opinions on those. Do they blend well and are they pigmented what colors would you recommend. I also heard that the quality are comparable to MAC. Is that true??? cuz if it is im stocking up on these babies.

I think they are nice eyeshadows for the price. They don't seem as pigmented as MAC, but I think this makes them more wearable (colors don't come out too bright). But, I agree that most of the colors I liked are now discontinued. I'm also not sure if Target is still carrying this line--last time I was there the space for Jane was gone! And since I have started buying more expensive brands, I find that I don't reach for the eyezings as much. If you want to try any, my fave is Goldielooks (shimmery gold).

thanks u guys for responding. I think i made up my decision and not try it for now until i'm at target and there happens to be a color that really catches my eyes. If the quality is just ok then i would just rather stick to mac. It's worth my money.

Originally Posted by kiteless it depends on the shade honestly. some are ridiculously chalky and have 0 pigment, while others are really nice. i have 4 of them, dream cream (buttery cream colour), mythology (white gold pearl), and fairy dust (supposedly like UD speed). dream cream is a great base colour, it doesn't crease, and i really like it. the other two are just so so. some of the others that are good include clubbing (black w/ microglitter) and sungloss (peachy gold). but for $3 - $4 apiece, its good to take a chance. you never know.

I like these for the most part. But Jane is becoming really elusive in my area anymore and I can't hardly find any. I bought a ton of them on clearance when my Walmart was clearancing out the whole line. Its has been sourt of a hit or miss with certain shades tho...and its true...most of their best shades are discontinued. But most of the ones I have tried have really good pigment and lasting power, and I'm rather pleased at mine. Plus they work incredible wet.

Latest posts

Back