January 1 2015, 100 Day No Buy Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking too and couldn't find it!

Anyways, haven't been posting much due to some health issues but no buy in tact! Not gonna lie, struggling right now. I'm bored, I'm not feeling well, the "you deserve new pretties" mindset is creeping in hardcore. But ultimately I know it won't make me feel better and I'm SO CLOSE to making a month that I want to hold on.

I'm looking and I don't see it, but I have a theory.  One member's account got messed up (thankfully it's restored now) but I think it affected some threads she started, and I think that was one of them!  I'm going to restart the thread, give me a few and I'll link it.

Oh yeahhhh, we're ready for another update!!!!!!!!

100DayNoBuy2015_Jan1_30.jpg

:w00t:   Good job, everyone!!!!!!!!!!  :w00t:

Note to those who slipped up during this 10-day period: :hugs3:

Good for you for being honest with yourself and for scrutinizing your actions.

Definitely feel the guilt, but don't let it defeat you. You have to feel it to move forward, but you also have to forgive yourself and try to work on your actions in the future. Take it from me, I slipped up in days 11-20. It wasn't a good feeling, and I can't take it back, but it will definitely keep me on the right track for a long time to come. :blush2: :smilehappyyes:

:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :mussical: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I missed the first 30 days but have decided that I am on a no buy for eyeshadow for this whole year. But I will start small and try to make it to the 100 day mark first. Doing pan that palette has shown me that it takes a year to use one palette. I have over 10 large shadow palettes so I could go at least ten years without buying eyeshadow if they magically didn't go bad forever. Too. Much. Eyeshadow. Must stop the madness!

So I missed the first 30 days but have decided that I am on a no buy for eyeshadow for this whole year. But I will start small and try to make it to the 100 day mark first. Doing pan that palette has shown me that it takes a year to use one palette. I have over 10 large shadow palettes so I could go at least ten years without buying eyeshadow if they magically didn't go bad forever. Too. Much. Eyeshadow. Must stop the madness!
I like the way you think.   Honestly, I don't need any eye shadow or blush or bronzer or any more lip products of any description for the foreseeable future and not buying any for an entire year would probably be very good for me.

This could sound quite enabler-ish so you may not want to read it depending on your state of mind...

There are Lancome GWPs at Sears, The Bay, and Lancome.ca simultaneously - under normal circumstances, Lancome = Kryptonite...  if I see a GWP and I end up justifying to myself there is something I need or something I should really try this time around.  However, I am being successful at convincing myself there is nothing in any of the GWPs that I could possibly need and no products I should try or products I need to replenish. Then, I look at my crazy-huge stash and that seems to cement my decision to not buy. Today I set aside items to donate to a women's shelter.  Most of these items were beauty related and most of the beauty items I was donating also happen to be Lancome items from GWPs!  Probably some time after April 10th and before my last Artliner goes bad in July, I will make a Lancome purchase and that will likely be one Artliner in either black or brown and hopefully a GWP with something cool in it like the Nutrix body lotion.

I know I'm way late to this, I missed the first 31 days, but I'm joining in. My 100 days won't end until May 12th.

The rules for my 100 day challenge are:

1. No makeup purchases of any sort unless something gets damaged and I don't have a replacement for it.

2. I can keep my current sub.

3. No haircare or skincare products unless I run out of something.

4. No more buying makeup brushes unless something gets damaged.

Eta: I meant lost, damaged,or stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back