Jazz/Easy Listening Music

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for soothing jazz/easy listening CDs? I want something that'll keep me going, but not so lively that I wanna get up & dance. Mostly to drive to &/or while working @ the computer. I don't want elevator music & have enough classical, but want something instrumental like a guitar or piano.

TIA!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Anyone have any suggestions for soothing jazz/easy listening CDs? I want something that'll keep me going, but not so lively that I wanna get up & dance. Mostly to drive to &/or while working @ the computer. I don't want elevator music & have enough classical, but want something instrumental like a guitar or piano.
TIA!
wink.gif

I'm liking some new age stuff... like Enya & Yanni (ok... I know - try not to laugh too hard! LOL) but it's really relaxing
icon_redface.gif

I've got an Enya CD, but don't think I can do Yanni.
icon_redface.gif
I prefer non-new age b/c I used to have that stuff years ago & have grown out of it. But you're right, that stuff is soothing.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've got an Enya CD, but don't think I can do Yanni.
icon_redface.gif
I prefer non-new age b/c I used to have that stuff years ago & have grown out of it. But you're right, that stuff is soothing.
wink.gif
I only have one of his songs - on my PC..."Reflections of Passion"... but I was always a sucker for good piano music
wink.gif

OOOh, I am definitely all about jazz, but I like more of the old school stuff like Charlie Parker. There's a younger guy named Joshua Redman who's a great saxophonist. I like the albums he did with his quartet the best. I'm not too into the guitar stuff. Have you heard of Richard Elliot? Hmmm, I'll look through my stash and see what you might be able to handle. I'm a pretty hardcore jazz buff and some of it's just too different for most folks.

I have something by Andre Ward & he's a pretty good Saxophonist. Never heard of Richard Elliot, but I'll look out for him & Joshua when I hit Tower Records tomorrow. I'd prefer mellow jazz, but I'm open to suggestion.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm liking some new age stuff... like Enya & Yanni (ok... I know - try not to laugh too hard! LOL) but it's really relaxing
icon_redface.gif

Ilove Sarah Brightman,her cd Eden is really soothing,Also Sarah mclachlan,mirrorball.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back