Jergens Natural Glow lotion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't noticed much streaking. I am one of those sloppy people. I squirt tons of lotion in my hands and put it in blobs on to different body parts...so I think it was really think on one part of my leg and got darker than the rest of me, but it went away in a couple days. I have started to notice the self tanner smell, I had never used one so I didn't really get what people meant, but it kinda smells like pee, espeically if you workout! But you can use another lotion or just use this at night and shower in the morning to get rid of the smell!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I haven't noticed much streaking. I am one of those sloppy people. I squirt tons of lotion in my hands and put it in blobs on to different body parts...so I think it was really think on one part of my leg and got darker than the rest of me, but it went away in a couple days. I have started to notice the self tanner smell, I had never used one so I didn't really get what people meant, but it kinda smells like pee, espeically if you workout! But you can use another lotion or just use this at night and shower in the morning to get rid of the smell! HMMM,Maybe i should try it then,I love having a bit of color,but i dont want to destroy my skin in the tanning salon so i always look for self tanner.
wink.gif

Definitely
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Yeah this is cheap so it can't hurt!

i finally got a tube of natural glow (for medium skin tones) and it really does work. ive used it twice now, and i have the amount of tan that i would have after one application of my usual self tanner.

after one application of natural glow, i really saw noticeable results. it didnt have any stinky self tanner smell at all. i think im going to switch over to this instead of my self tanner. its way cheaper, and easier to use. i dont have to worry about super precise application. my palms and nail beds are too dark, but i didnt wash my hands afterwards as per the directions. i didnt want to wash the product from the backs of my hands and have to reapply with a sponge. a little exfoliating on the palms and nails the next day is all it takes to remove the excess color.

i cant believe this product actually works at all, let alone in two days. im very happy with it.

Melziefire,

Thanks for posting your before and after pics...I do see a nice change, a warm, tan glow. That's exactly what I need..I'm going to look for it tomorrow! Where can I find this stuff?

Originally Posted by melzie_fire OK, I'm gonna try to post these pics. Sorry it took me so long. We had some cold weather here for a while (Snow! In May! In Texas!) so I didn't shave my legs like I normally do and didn't mess with the Jergens, either... so, it faded quite a bit. I've been using it about 7 days in a row now and can see a change again, but not a *whole* lot. Not sure if it shows up very well in the pics or not.. but here goes.. (Don't laugh too hard, please!)
biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif

PBI: you can find it at the drug store, target, etc. it seems to fly off the shelves, though!

I didn't like the smell either. It has that *fake tan* smell after its been on a while. I did notice some subtle color and it didn't streak on me. Dh tried it and put too much on his knees etc and it streaked.

Originally Posted by Amethyst I've tried the Jergens Glow lotion, the Oil of Olay Radiance Quench (same concept) and the Coppertone Lotion. All three are basically the same or do the same. Out of all of them, I prefer the Oil of Olay. Its the most subtle but it is also the one that stinks the least. Maybe I'm extra sensitive but the sunless tanning smell makes me queasy and gives me a mild headache. When I first tried the Jergens, I got color the next day - maybe because I'm super fair. It smelled nice at first but as I lie in bed (I put it on at night) I could smell that sunless tan odor and it just made me feel bleck. I think I wrote reviews on all three but I forgot now, I gotta check.

To NYAngel and Nicolet: You're welcome!
biggrin.gif

I found mine at Wal-Mart and Albertson's Grocery store (if you have that).

I have now switched to Banana Boat Sunless Color bronzer/tanner in Deep Dark in the foam. I reeeally like it! I have had *no* streaking to speak of really, although I do get a bit darker on my big toe (LOL!) and ankles although I have somewhat corrected that by moisturizing those areas first. Truly, I was a self tanner novice when this summer rolled around, but I wanted to have some REAL color for once, so I've had fun experimenting. I just re-purchased the Banana Boat because I like it so much. If you want more color than the Jergens, I definitely recommend it!
smile.gif

Of course, if you're just wanting a sun-kissed look, then Jergens is for you.
smile.gif

Hi Melziefire,

I finally found some Jergens Natural Glow at my local grocery store. I'm so excited. They were all out of the Medium, so I thought I'd try the Fair. I have olive skin, but I'm very, very pale. I've used it for 2 days, and really like the results I have so far. I do detect an "after" smell, but it's not bad. It really does look natural, and is not streaky at all. If and when I want to be brave and go darker, I'll check out Banana Boat's sunless color bronzer, like you recommended. I'm a little nervous about it, 'cause I don't like to tan my face anymore or put self-tanner on my face (afraid it'll break me out), so I don't want my face to be a whole different color than my body (lol)! With Jergens, I just use a little of my Bare Escentuals Warmth on my cheekbones and it's perfect.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by melzie_fire To NYAngel and Nicolet: You're welcome!
biggrin.gif

I found mine at Wal-Mart and Albertson's Grocery store (if you have that).

I have now switched to Banana Boat Sunless Color bronzer/tanner in Deep Dark in the foam. I reeeally like it! I have had *no* streaking to speak of really, although I do get a bit darker on my big toe (LOL!) and ankles although I have somewhat corrected that by moisturizing those areas first. Truly, I was a self tanner novice when this summer rolled around, but I wanted to have some REAL color for once, so I've had fun experimenting. I just re-purchased the Banana Boat because I like it so much. If you want more color than the Jergens, I definitely recommend it!
smile.gif

Of course, if you're just wanting a sun-kissed look, then Jergens is for you.
smile.gif

Hey Gals I also like my natural glow. I have the medium, couldnt imagine using fair. Medium gave me just a little color, but I didnt have to worry about streaking or anything like that. I might even try the darker one. Just because it only gave me slight color. Although I dont want to get to dark. Has anyone tried the dark one???

Is there a third one? All I've seen is the fair & medium.

LOL Nicolet, yeah... I don't use it anywhere but on my legs, my MIL was teasing me the other day because my legs were so dark compared to the rest of me! lol... I think I might start using the Jergens again on my arms/chest and then just use a bit of bronzer on my face so it's not so glaringly obvious.
biggrin.gif
I really don't mind, though, I just mainly prefer the look of tanned legs.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sommergirl This is for Melzie Fire-does the banana boat foam also act as a moisturizer? That's what I like about Jergens. I also read that Fake Bake Face tanner is good if you self tan on your face because it has ingredients that combat wrinkles,etc...I think I read that in this months Allure, but it does'nt hit the shelves until July.
cool.gif
I love these smileys! I suppose it moisturizes a *bit* but I wouldn't call it a moisturizer, no. Definitely not like the Jergens!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Has anyone tried this? I was at Target and thought I'd pick it up on a whim, but it was sold out. So then I went to Kroger to finish up grocery shopping and again it was sold out. Well then I decided it must be good so I went on a hunt...took 3 more stores before I found one that wasn't sold out! So I'm thinking it must be good right? So far I don't notice a difference, but I the tube says it takes a couple days! Just curious if y'all have tried this.

I had heard raves about this product and I too had to go to 4 stores before I found it, I did buy it and I'm not real happy with it. I only put it on once and my feet and ankles look like rust. It looks ok on my arms but they were already tan. my legs look ok too. I put some on my hands and I am seeing a few rusty spots on them also, not as bad as the feet and ankles though. I have only used it once and not that much of it. Anyway I don't think I will buy anymore of it..

Hope it worked out well for you!

Originally Posted by melzie_fire OK, I'm gonna try to post these pics. Sorry it took me so long. We had some cold weather here for a while (Snow! In May! In Texas!) so I didn't shave my legs like I normally do and didn't mess with the Jergens, either... so, it faded quite a bit. I've been using it about 7 days in a row now and can see a change again, but not a *whole* lot. Not sure if it shows up very well in the pics or not.. but here goes.. (Don't laugh too hard, please!)
biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif
claps.gif
You should send those into Jergens!!! I work at Walgreens and that stuff is selling like crazy. I haven't tried it myself, but one of my managers has. She tried medium on light skin and it didn't work for her. That's when I found out that Walgreen's has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all cosmetics, lotions, etc. If you don't like it, it's the wrong color or whatever...even if you've used it, you can bring it back. So, I'm no longer hesitant about trying new things. Since we were out I picked up a bottle of Coppertone Endless Summer Gradual tan and I like that alot!!!
Melissa

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Has anyone tried this? I was at Target and thought I'd pick it up on a whim, but it was sold out. So then I went to Kroger to finish up grocery shopping and again it was sold out. Well then I decided it must be good so I went on a hunt...took 3 more stores before I found one that wasn't sold out! So I'm thinking it must be good right? So far I don't notice a difference, but I the tube says it takes a couple days! Just curious if y'all have tried this.

I searched all over, and finally found 2 left in stock at walgreens. I used it for a week and pretty much gave up. The smell is kinda weird, and since i'm already sorta tan it didnt do to much for me. It looks good on my mom though...

i finally found medium (i have fair, but heard it doesn't work, so i never used it) at grand central's rite-aid (of all places) last night and i notice a little difference. i tried it only once, so i'm impressed.

i used it on my face, too. anyone think that's a bad idea? it hasn't broken me out or anything.

I tried this for about three weeks. I'm pretty pale, so I did notice a nice glow. The smell, however is another thing. When I first put it on I didn't notice the "tanner" smell, but since you are supposed to apply it every day, the smell kind of builds up and I couldn't handle it. My mother-in-law uses it, though, and the smell doesn't seem to bother her.

I was using it but got lazy about doing it so gave up. I notice it's getting alot easier to find especialy at K-mart and Walgreens. Give those 2 places a try.

Latest posts

Back