Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you earn Jules on add-ons? It was not stated in earning Jules FAQ, which says you earn 300 Jules per regular monthly box. Last month I earned 900 Jules after purchasing my box and two add-ons. I think I remember possibly reading something about bonus Jules, but am not sure if I got a bonus or points from my add-ons.
I think last month, they gave 3x the regular months as a special deal or something

My friends used to say I'm part magpie due to my love of sparkles (AWWK!  SHINY!  One of those friends actually gave me a bracelet that had that spelled out in those rhinestone slider letters, but I lost it a few years/moves ago), but I'm skipping this month.  I like sparkles, but I'm picky about my glitter polishes, and none of these really thrill me.  If they had a box of just microglitters, I would have probably gone for it (*loved* America the Beautiful because of the red microglitter, and I had been hoping that they would do more of that sort of thing for various holidays/seasons!), but none of the chunky glitters were awesome enough to convince me to spend the money.

Ooo, I love this month!  I got the Boho Glam box and added Ivy, Hillary and Patti.  I really struggled with not getting them all!

I liked American Beauty but I think after a ten day vacation and with Christmas coming up I just skipped.

I should skip.

But I really really like It Girl. American Beauty/Boho Glam are my usual profiles, but I really really don't want purple or red polish! I prefer the blues way more.

Also bummed it doesn't have the foot scrub, but I can always get it later.

okay I already forgot I ordered all China Glaze glitters from Transdesign

Cirque, Christmas and Halloween... ($2.99/each) I waited on the order until there were enough to justify the shipping.

And my mom splurged on the Nordies black friday pre-sale on DL Buy two get one free She bought one color she loved and I got to pick two glitters so I got my first ever deborah lippman's/high end nail polishes! Mermaid's Dream and Across the Universe :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

ANNND As a thank you for those two I ordered us each a Lets Go Crazy (she wanted it, I told her I could get her one on the cheap) on Birchbox using points and a 20% off coupon on my second account. $8 for both :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

All of these should be here within the next week... I'd say it's okay to skip the nail wardrobe for this month... 

I am so happy my mom is now as into nail polish as I am. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We are going to be building nail polish racks (she is also a set designer/builder for theater) this week. YAY! for getting all the pretty bottles out of boxes and on display!

I switched to American Beauty (Julia & Patti) from CWAT and I also added on Harper, Barbara, & Vivien. I can't wait to see Harper in person, it looks beautiful in the pictures!

I changed to It Girl and added Cindy. Now if only my nails would grow out and stop peeling. It is hard to enjoy nail polish when your nails look like crap.
fad.gif

I just could not pass the colors up.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I changed to It Girl and added Cindy. Now if only my nails would grow out and stop peeling. It is hard to enjoy nail polish when your nails look like crap.
fad.gif
I know your pain, mine peel too,  a lot :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

For all y'all who are skipping this month due to vacation/shopping/other reasons just to let you know we're hosting a giveaway for Glitter & Glow set on my blog right now
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know your pain, mine peel too,  a lot :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

fad.gif

I just could not pass the colors up.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
errgh. mine too. I thought maybe it was all the polishing, but i left polish off for two weeks and they were even worse. blech

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

errgh. mine too. I thought maybe it was all the polishing, but i left polish off for two weeks and they were even worse. blech
that was my theory too, but ya I don't think the polish is the cause...I had this for the longest time before and then I got to a point were my nails were strong and long(not extremely long, but much they would stick out from where my finger ends), and I kept on scratching my bf accidentally and myself, so he was like: you should cut em short...so I did...and they never came back :'( it's so sad!!!

that was my theory too, but ya I don't think the polish is the cause...I had this for the longest time before and then I got to a point were my nails were strong and long(not extremely long, but much they would stick out from where my finger ends), and I kept on scratching my bf accidentally and myself, so he was like: you should cut em short...so I did...and they never came back :'( it's so sad!!!
my best friend can grow like talons and they hardly ever break!

i know part of it has to be genetics. mine all grow over the nail bed, but inevitably one breaks and I am so OCD i have to make them all match immediately, so back to short.

waaaaah!

yup yup, soon as I see one peeling they all go...my bf has amazing nails I hate him, it's not fair...cuz well he's a guy, even the ends of his nails are naturally white...-.-' fml

yup yup, soon as I see one peeling they all go...my bf has amazing nails I hate him, it's not fair...cuz well he's a guy, even the ends of his nails are naturally white...-.-' fml
There's a guy at work who competes with me on occasion to see who has the longer pinky nail. But recently he's been growing out his nails and I told him earlier that there are women who would be jealous of this fact. He has some really nice looking nails.

I have guy friends that have AMAZING long hair that they just wash...with regular shampoo...and I tell them just how much I hate them!!!!it's not fair you know? just not fair!

I have guy friends that have AMAZING long hair that they just wash...with regular shampoo...and I tell them just how much I hate them!!!!it's not fair you know? just not fair!
Its weird, but I actually really like how my hair feels when I use like cheapo shampoos.

I am too stubborn to accept that all my fancy ones might just be hyped up.

I actually haven't used shampoo since mmmm march this year, I use Wen :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I happen to be one of the ones that gets good results from it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I only wash my hair once a week so, it doesn't end up being that expensive

I actually haven't used shampoo since mmmm march this year, I use Wen :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I happen to be one of the ones that gets good results from it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I only wash my hair once a week so, it doesn't end up being that expensive
yikes.

if i skip one wash i can basically feel the oil seeping off my scalp. 

#whitegirlproblems

I have been skipping this for months so I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, because I think I'm probably confused...

If you get the whole polish wardrobe this month plus one of the glow sets...the whole thing would be $70? (It said +$30 for the whole wardrobe, so I figured that plus the regular box plus the $19.99 for the glow set)...it doesn't seem like I'm doing this right!

Back