Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been skipping this for months so I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, because I think I'm probably confused...

If you get the whole polish wardrobe this month plus one of the glow sets...the whole thing would be $70? (It said +$30 for the whole wardrobe, so I figured that plus the regular box plus the $19.99 for the glow set)...it doesn't seem like I'm doing this right!
Yep. That's the price :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yikes.

if i skip one wash i can basically feel the oil seeping off my scalp. 

#whitegirlproblems
my hair is actually not too only, but it's not dry either...idk even at the 1 week mark it still doesn't look dirty/oily or gross, it just looks fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have guy friends that have AMAZING long hair that they just wash...with regular shampoo...and I tell them just how much I hate them!!!!it's not fair you know? just not fair!

I used to go through conditioner like it was going out of style, but once I switched up to a decent boarhair brush and actively purchase sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, I've mostly skipped conditioner with no negative effect. I've also started using argan oil on the ends of my hair before throwing it back for work.

I had to skip Julep this month! Though I really would have loved to dig into the entire set I have so many polish that I need to use before I can keep expanding my collection! So many I haven't even used yet does anyone else have this issue? If I buy more I'd be a nut:)

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to skip Julep this month! Though I really would have loved to dig into the entire set I have so many polish that I need to use before I can keep expanding my collection! So many I haven't even used yet does anyone else have this issue? If I buy more I'd be a nut:)
I didn't even open any of the polishes from my November suedes box yet. ^^;; been getting prepared to move... At least I had credits for them sigh

I didn't even open any of the polishes from my November suedes box yet. ^^;; been getting prepared to move... At least I had credits for them sigh
I would have skipped if these weren't glitters. I am a sucker for glitters. I use every polish once before putting it away, so i pick from the new ones before busting into the stash. I am pretty caught up, so I finally ordered the china glaze glitters I wanted.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would have skipped if these weren't glitters. I am a sucker for glitters.

I use every polish once before putting it away, so i pick from the new ones before busting into the stash. I am pretty caught up, so I finally ordered the china glaze glitters I wanted.
Haha I'm not really into glitters, but I like having them for when I feel more festive. I have about 4 bottles of things with glitters (I know, so little for you probably), and I'm mostly in it this month for the addons as gifts (woo 5-pack of the holiday collection lol) and the microglitter finishes. :3

I'm still really excited to get these! But I was excited about the suedes... before I had them.... still haven't tried them yet lol

Has anyone gotten their shipping notif emails yet this month? It's the 28th so in theory at least a handful of people should've been getting them already...

No shipping notice yet for me.  I used to get my ship notice every month on the 27th like clockwork, then didn't get one at all for November's box until I called them about the delay around November 2nd I think.  I hope I don't have to call about this box!

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Secret Store is open if you got a December Box.
I'm trying to show restraint and not order another empty white box without seeing the first one I ordered Friday that I hopefully will be getting today. Soooo tempting though.

Just got an email about the secret store opening up... they have the Favorite Things 2012 box for $50. I am trying to decide if I should get it for either my brothers girlfriend or my boyfriends sister. ahh

None here either, then again I forgot to change my billing info (debit card is emptied out), now the bf's credit card is listed...*evil laugh*

I got the set with Trina and Mila.  Was thinking about the white box but I kinda want to see what the quality is like.  Can you ladies who ordered it on Friday keep us posted?

I got a shipping notice for my Black Friday order but not for my subscription. Under payment it says Deferred CIM Maven Payment, but I didn't use jules so I don't know why it says that. I'm trying to stay away from the secret store but that white box & the scarf are calling me!

I just got my December box shipping notice

I had added two extra polishes on. One stills say backordered on my account on the site, the other is ordered but they list the price charged as $0.

I also had the deferred CIM maven payment thing on mine too. So I really have no idea what to expect! I guess we'll see when it all shows up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's the contents of the mystery store if anyone's curious.

Eh... I am kind of interested in the Oprah box, mostly because the box seems cute and I really want Susie. On If you're thinking about getting the white box ($20) though, it's probably worth it to just grab the entire Oprah box since you're essentially pay $30 for 12 polishes there. :| Resell them if you don't want them. It'll probably pay for the price of the box and then some.

I have mystery colours #1 and #2 from the mystery bag in September (?!??! really?! that long?!) Eeehhhhh. I wish they had names.

Also -- how can they be out of Susie in the story and then selling it with just a mascara here?! D< http://www.julep.com/secret-store/length-with-style.html So mad I wanted Susie so much for BF. I'm not getting it here because I have 5 unopened mascaras >___>

Back