Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Julep,

I hate you this month. I'm torn. Stick with a normal box for 2000 Jules or upgrade to the big box for 5,000 Jules and add on the Glitter & Glow set for 2000 Jules? That's almost four months worth of subscriptions.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dear Julep,

I hate you this month. I'm torn. Stick with a normal box for 2000 Jules or upgrade to the big box for 5,000 Jules and add on the Glitter & Glow set for 2000 Jules? That's almost four months worth of subscriptions.
If it makes you feel better, I sort of committed myself to the Glitter & Glow set x5. I was like holy crap, but for 2000 more jules it's worth it to get 2 more box.es I'm going to do a giveaway and give the 3 others to friends. I'm paying for the box itself and using credits for the addons (so 5 boxes+one addon polish). /sigh.

I really want the golden box but I doubt it's going to happen. Mostly I just am making grabby  hands at Susie in the Oprah's choice box. ;A; Maybe someone here will get it and I can trade them for it or something.

AMERICAN BEAUTY

• Julia: Purple orchid metallic with gold micro-glitter
  • Patti: Full-coverage black multidimensional glitter
  • Instant Warming Foot Scrub: This cucumber-mint scrub warms up on contact like magic.

BOHO GLAM

• Petra: Cranberry magenta with silver shimmer
  • Jordan: Full-coverage silver gunmetal multidimensional glitter
  • Instant Warming Foot Scrub: This cucumber-mint scrub warms up on contact like magic.
BOMBSHELL

• Cindy: Emerald green metallic with gold micro-glitter
  • HilaryFull-coverage copper multidimensional glitter
CLASSIC WITH A TWIST

• Barbara: Full-coverage magenta multidimensional glitter
  • Scarlet: Vibrant red micro-glitter metallic
IT GIRL

• Ivy: Dynamic sapphire micro-glitter metallic
  • Vivien: Champagne bubbles – a full coverage multidimensional gold glitter
  • Harper: Full-coverage opalescent mermaid blue multidimensional glitter
Each box is $19.99 plus applicable tax OR 2000 Julep Jules.

Then there is the Holiday Nail Wardrobe which contains all of the December polishes for $49.99 OR 5000 Jules.

1. Instant Warming Foot Scrub: Cucumber mint scented scrub
  2. Patti: Full-coverage black multi-dimensional glitter
  3. Julia: Purple orchid with golden micro-glitter metallic
  4. Jordan: Full-coverage silver gunmetal multi-dimensional glitter
  5. Petra: Cranberry magenta with silver shimmer
  6. Hilary: Full-coverage copper multi-dimensional glitter
  7. Cindy: Emerald green with gold micro-glitter metallic
  8. Barbara: Full-coverage magenta multi-dimensional glitter
  9. Scarlett: Vibrant red micro-glitter metallic
  10. Harper: Full-coverage opalescent mermaid blue multi-dimensional glitter
  11. Ivy: Dynamic sapphire micro-glitter metallic
  12. Vivien: Champagne bubbles - a full coverage multi-dimensional gold glitter
The Add Ons include:
Colbie, Carly, Kathleen, Lucy, Sharon, Vivien, Hilary, Harper, Ivy, Scarlett, Barbara, Cindy, Petra, Jordan, Julia, Patti, Julep Nail Therapy, Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub and Set of Ten One-Step Polish Remover Packettes. The polishes and nail wipes are 750 Jules or $4.99 each, the nail therapy is $5.99 or 850 Jules while the foot scrub is $9.99 or 1200 Jules.

There are also three Glitter & Glow sets to choose from - the first contains five glitter polish for 2000 Jules or $19.99. The second costs $59.99 or 6000 Jules however you get THREE of the same sets. Third costs $79.99 or 8000 Jules and you get FIVE of the same sets. Each Glitter & Glow set contains these polishes:

• Colbie: Full-coverage citrine green multi-dimensional glitter
  • Lucy: Modern, drak burgundy crème
  • Sharon: Deep red lustrous shimmer
  • Kathleen: Honey gold flecked champagne shimmer
  • Carly: Full-coverage Malibu-blue multi-dimensional glitter
Keep in mind that if you live in Washington state there is 9.2% tax on everything from Julep. I'm not sure if Julep charges anyone else sales tax or not.

I have to say, the Glitter & Glow x5 set is really worth it. If you do the math, you end up only paying $3.20 per polish -- that's better than half of drugstore brands even. It's also $16/box then and it is a pretty good gift to give (Also if you're lazy like me... it's a really good way to come up with something...)

I can't decide if I should upgrade..But when I look at all the polishes, there are a lot that I don't really like. Right now I have Classic with a Twist with Ivy, Carly, and Hilary as add ons...Why must this decision be so difficult??

It's a skip month for me.  I work in a place too conservative to rock glitter unfortunately (the edgiest thing I'm comfortable wearing there is grey/beige cremes lol), plus I splurged on the Pop Sugar luxury box anyway....

While it was tempting to get the full box, because glitter, and realizing that Julia is a near dupe to Zoya's Daul, and Barbara looks like a near dupe to Zoya's Alegra, and I already have plenty of red polish, I just stuck to the It Girl box and added Cindy, Colbie and Patti. I'm glad Colbie was one of the addons since that was the color I was the most excited about.

crap crap crap.

it is a bad thing when your boyfriend's card is attached to the julep account, and upgrading is just soooo easy..

I skipped a flight to and fro new york so I could get an ipad mini, i don't think he'll mind a a couple upgrades.

to nail wardrobe or not to nail wardrobe...

i've been wanting julep glitters since i signed up. they delivered.

I think i'll stick with it girl + hillary (my mom's name) 

they need a $30 glitter wardrobe upgrade. all the glitters.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While it was tempting to get the full box, because glitter, and realizing that Julia is a near dupe to Zoya's Daul, and Barbara looks like a near dupe to Zoya's Alegra, and I already have plenty of red polish, I just stuck to the It Girl box and added Cindy, Colbie and Patti. I'm glad Colbie was one of the addons since that was the color I was the most excited about.
I was just going to say this. Ivy looks close to a Zoya Song type, though it might be a little brighter, but I can't tell by their lighting. Cindy either looks like Logal or Ivanka...

I made up my mind, now I have a mission: convince the bf to buy the whole December collection for me! 

Okay, I'm having issues.  How do I tell Julep to apply Jules to my December box but NOT to my add-ons?  Seems stupid to pay 750 Jules (2250 for 3) for $15 worth of stuff, I'd rather save them, use 2000 Jules for each month's $20 box, and pay the $15 cash for the add-ons.  Is there no way to do this???

Here's Julep's stance on the Maven's choice box this month...

We are not doing a Maven's choice this month since we thought each glitter was uniquely beautiful! Be sure to make your selections by November 24th!
As per usual, Julep is not responding about the Jules for addons but not for boxes problem and still replying to other things. :| Sigh

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I'm having issues.  How do I tell Julep to apply Jules to my December box but NOT to my add-ons?  Seems stupid to pay 750 Jules (2250 for 3) for $15 worth of stuff, I'd rather save them, use 2000 Jules for each month's $20 box, and pay the $15 cash for the add-ons.  Is there no way to do this???
I think you can but the newest system doesn't show how on the selection page. It does state, "If you choose to apply Jules, we automatically deduct the amount available to cover any or all of your selections."

Ok I got CWAT and added on the Glitter and Glow...I am such an addict!! I literally bought nail polish yesterday(It was Essies Shine of the times..so because it's LE I HAD to have it..makes sense right?)

Here are some much better close ups of the polishes this month... at least you get to see the colour more, imo:

http://blog.julep.com/12-looks-of-holiday/

I was originally going to select AB with Julia and Patti, but after getting a closer look at Patti, meh. Now I just gotta decide which box to choose instead and put Patti as the addon...Maybe I'll do Cindy & Hilary with Bombshell. I like Hilary more in the close up.

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I got CWAT and added on the Glitter and Glow...I am such an addict!! I literally bought nail polish yesterday(It was Essies Shine of the times..so because it's LE I HAD to have it..makes sense right?)
No, no. You're a cat. LOL

Ok, mini-story time on that.... So the other night I went with the hubby to one of the local Walmarts. I typically don't shop at Walmart for a variety of reasons but primarily because the stores tend to be filthy. Well that Walmart went through a recent remodel so they expanded their craft department to compete against Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joanns. I ended up in the beading and jewelery area and stopped in my tracks and said, "Ohhh! Shiny, shiny!" The hubby laughed at me, called me a cat and proceeded to drag me out of the aisle. So now I see shiny, shiny things that catch my attention and I don't refer to it as an addiction but rather just being a cat.

Oh I like that!!! Cats are so much more endearing than addicts. Haha take that future membership to Makeup Hoarders Anonymous!

Latest posts

Back