Julep: December 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my last Julep box ever, I'm going with It Girl & adding on Soleil w/ the last of my Jules. I could wait for my anniversary Jules to come in & cash em for something from the Jule Box, but there's nothing I really want from there & I'd rather use my points on something I know I'll use, not just so I can grab something for free. The It Girl polishes aren't terribly unique but they're colors I like, & Soleil is just breathtaking & will really complement the pink undertones of my skin.

Just like everybody else, I am disgusted that Julep is trying to pass off Sienna as a shade for the December *2014* collection, & I truly feel sorry for anybody whose style profile is Classic With A Twist. After this box I'll be damned if I recommend this subscription service to anyone, & I'm pretty relieved to be cancelling Julep after I receive this box. Dunno if I can swallow anymore of this bs.

I have enough Jules for a free box so I'm going with Bombshell with the eyeshadow it comes with. The rose gold (Soleil?) isn't my favorite but I really like Paula and can't customize, so maybe it will be a gift. 

I have enough Jules for a free box so I'm going with Bombshell with the eyeshadow it comes with. The rose gold (Soleil?) isn't my favorite but I really like Paula and can't customize, so maybe it will be a gift. 
you can swap the color of the eyeshadow, even if you aren't on the plan you can customize. Just go to edit my selection and it'll be an option there

If you're interested in the Core Classics, another option (and, better deal, if you have any interest in either of the additional products) is:

Order the Clean Slate wipes for $8.00 and

Use the Drop30 code for 30% off

Add on

Clean Slate Pen $5.99 and

Mind Your Mani $14.99

For $20.29, an extra 30 cents*, you get all of the items in the box, plus the Oxygen Nail Treatment and three Nail Moisture Masks, as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you beat Julep at their own game :).

image.jpg

(I believe all of the products included are of comparable size, but I may be missing where they mention the number of polish pads included or sizes of anything else and of course encourage you to research this yourself/take no responsibility for Julep's shadiness with lack of disclosure of their product info; I'm still bitter about falling for a mini Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum in what I'd thought was a great deal via Nail 911...)

*(but minus the earned Jules, which USED to be comparable to $3 toward a future purchase, except ever since the Julep Nation became one of governmental instability and civilian unrest, the exchange rate has been in flux, with no consistency in value, see: one $24.99 add-on available for 2500 Jules, while another $11.99 one will set you back 1700 Jules. Still, in comparing the costs and values of the two packages, I didn't want to discount the potential value that may be added by purchasing the Core Classics box for someone with no interest in the additional two products or other boxes. Additionally, of course, buying the box allows access to the add-ons and negates the need to use "work-arounds" (cheat ;-)) if you want to buy stuff from the Secret Store).

I used all my points except 400 for the ultimate upgrade and the holiday eyeliners and zenith for add ons. Yea lots of points. Mostly from them not sending me a box or canceling my order due to out of stock items and the screw ups. I will use the other points on something and then I am done. I will prob use a lot of the items for my teachers gifts for my daughter. We will see once the polish arrive. They should have put one of the new colors from the mystery box in place of sienna. But it is a pretty color and will be a nice addition for a gift.

I'm still bitter about falling for a mini Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum in what I'd thought was a great deal via Nail 911...)
The full size is .09 oz, and the Nail 911 version is .08 oz, so IMO pretty comparable. Depends which style of application you prefer.

Also, all that stuff that you laid out about how to get a better deal? That's what I love about Julep. Yes, it's overpriced, but if you feel like playing that game (and I do!), you can get everything for bargain prices. A year after joining, I'm still averaging under $3/item (nail polishes and all products I've ever purchased from them).

About Sienna: I rolled my eyes so hard at "bringing her back"! When did Sienna ever leave? I can't tell you how many sets I've decided not to buy because I don't want Sienna. I think it's literally dozens. They toss that polish in with everything.

That said... Julep has included previously released polishes in monthly collections before, just not recently. When I was making a list of all Julep polishes ever released, I came across several that appeared in multiple monthly collections.

I am so tired of Julep. I just want to use up my Jules and move on.

The eyeshadows looks nice and i was tempted to get the bombshell box. But then i remembered black friday and cyber monday are next week and theres so many other places i'd rather spend my money.

I want the eyeshadow, it looks really pretty. But the polishes aren't wowing me this month, so skip it is.

Yeah, I decided to skip. I will be able to get the eye shadow I wanted and Sawyer later, I bet. And probably cheaper.

I am so glad they reinstated skips! I wasn't really impressed with this month. I was able to find three things I'd be OK with, but they weren't worth $25 to me. So instead I got Savannah, Bea from Savvy Deals, and added on Tazeen. Using the 20plus code my order was only $11 for three polishes I actually wanted.

I'm really interested in the eyeshadow, especially that color Zenith butttttttt the polishes aren't that exciting so yeah it's a skip.  Hope the Black Friday deals are good 

I decided to skip I actually have points for 2 free boxes. I also noticed I have been skipping since June. I guess im still disapointed after the Jewel heist mystery box fiasco.

I'm interested in the wristlet, but I wish someone would post a picture so I can check out the quality. I think it'd be a great present for my sister but there's not really that much I want from them right now... >.>

I always end up changing my box at the last minute. In the end, I couldn't pass up the Sawyer/Nell/Paula combo that I imagined on my nails, so I swapped out my lip plush for Paula and added on Nell.

I thought about skipping but I had enough jules for a free box and I'm super excited for the silk top coat as an add-on!

That being said, I've yet to have a month since June where nothing gets screwed up so I won't exactly hold my breath haha. Still haven't gotten the mascara for my October box because apparently they ran out and had to ship it separately.

Back