Julep: December 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about skipping but I had enough jules for a free box and I'm super excited for the silk top coat as an add-on!

That being said, I've yet to have a month since June where nothing gets screwed up so I won't exactly hold my breath haha. Still haven't gotten the mascara for my October box because apparently they ran out and had to ship it separately.
that's pretty bogus considering they were offering the mascaras as swap-ins and add-ons to this month's boxes

I ended up adding on the 2 "Black Friday" sets from the holiday collection since I really wanted the new glitters that are in each one but I know I already have Nic.  

• Orbital Eyeshadow - Zenith
  • Karissa
  • Soleil
  • Addons:
  • Nell
  • Stroke of Midnight - Black Friday Preview
  • Reindeer Games Duo - Black Friday Preview

hmmm....What's the gift with purchase added to my order today?  I've added 3+ "add ons" before and never had it noted on the order screen.  The subtotal jumped up 22$ also.  

Your Box: December Personalized My Maven Box
Includes: 
  • Orbital Eyeshadow - Zenith
  • Karissa
  • Soleil
  • Addons:
  • Nell
  • Stroke of Midnight - Black Friday Preview
  • Reindeer Games Duo - Black Friday Preview
  • December GWP
  • Subtotal: $69.96 (before tax, jules & prepaid credits)

I think it's the shade I saw at the meetup that was labelled as a GWP. Probably just a thank you for taking your box and happy holidays free polish. The name is Everly

I would bet a LOT of money that Julep is not sending a brand new polish out as an unadvertised GWP.

I interpreted "Dec 14 GWP" as a launch like Debbie or Alex or Beth, where it is launched as a GWP promotion and then is sold on its own later.

Black Friday deals are live - anyone pick anything up? I ended up spending another $25. I used the $15 code to get Stevie, since I've been lusting after it for a while.

I got the Gem Collection, the Pop the Bubbly Duo, Lupita for $1, a back up of the dry shampoo, and then the time machine and corrector pen from add-ons. 

Annnnd the secret store just took more of my money. I can't help it, for $4.99, those mystery sets are sure to make good stocking stuffers. I wish I could cancel the ones I bought during the Black Friday sale, since they were $2 more, but ah well.

I also got the glitter polish remover kit. $7.99 is the best price I've ever seen it for, and I seriously HATE struggling to remove glitter polish!

Evidently the December GWP is the Blank Canvas Lip Primer. Makes sense for the subtotal discrepancies we were seeing earlier, since it's valued at $22 full price. So not stoked. =\

So.. my December box came today but it is missing the eye shadow.. how good are they at rectifying situations like this? Is email or calling the best way to reach them?

I did not get the December box but did splurge on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Feel a little guilty in admitting that I spent about $125 total on these two transactions. LOL. Ultimately I  made out like a bandit with most of my items at $2 a piece. Got lots of goodies for my secret santa. Got some polishes that were on my wishlist for an incredible price and also some great sets that will make great gifts. Yay!!!!

Evidently the December GWP is the Blank Canvas Lip Primer. Makes sense for the subtotal discrepancies we were seeing earlier, since it's valued at $22 full price. So not stoked. =\
Nope, I'm not excited about that at all 

So.. my December box came today but it is missing the eye shadow.. how good are they at rectifying situations like this? Is email or calling the best way to reach them?
In my shipping email there was a note that the eye shadows are shipping approximately 5 days from now,  which is a bummer, but it wouldn't hurt to double check with them!  I would call. 

I got mine on Saturday and it was missing the eyeshadow too! I emailed yesterday and haven't heard anything back (other than an automatic email saying they'd be in touch soon). I'm going to give them a few days before I call them.
Edit: sorry I didn't see the response saying they were shipping separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back