Julep: December 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They updated my Maven Box - they listed the It Girl colors for December. Not sure if just the colors were spoiled, or the collections they belong to.

Also - I'm pretty happy with all my colors except Rochelle. I love purples, but hate anything with a pinky tone to it.

Here's the CWAT box:

Includes:

• Ilga
  • Orbital Eyeshadow - Airglow
  • Sienna
Um, Sienna has been out for AGES. They're using old colors in new Maven boxes??

I've got Boho Glam.

• Chatoya
  • Karissa
  • Orbital Eyeshadow - Moonbeam
Those were literally the only two colors I was interested in. Wow. I'm not big on the eyeshadow because I've got a 120-color palette I haven't broken in even half the shadows for yet, so there's a good chance I'll skip this month. If the proper polish swatches impress me, I might take my box or wait until another time to get them. Dunno yet. If I do, this would be the first time since I signed up last year that I took my own style profile's box!

Seriously, this collection would be 100000x better if their holiday polishes were the collection. I am in looooooove with all the holiday-exclusive colors and can't wait to wear them out somewhere.

Hi Ladies!

I'm newly registered but I have been following along in here since about September!

I'm Boho Glam but those eyeshadows.... Supernova and Zenith both look amazing! I hope I can sub at least one or both in this month.  The only swatch I saw that I was interested in was Chatoya.  I wish they would add in the new holiday glitters as add ons this month, that would be amazing! 

sorry to jump in suddenly but I was wondering did the window open already? I went on and mine still says closed. 

So, uh, what in the world is the exciting news in the update that just went out? I can't see any difference from the existing stuff other than the renaming of the skip option.

And Maven Luxe is :

Moonbeam shadow

Equinox shadow

Shader brush

Eye primer

Will be swapping the brush and primer for more shadows!

So, uh, what in the world is the exciting news in the update that just went out? I can't see any difference from the existing stuff other than the renaming of the skip option.
I was wondering the same thing! I think it's that everybody can skip now (not just those who were "grandmothered" in).

Also, can everybody customize now or is it still just the upper price tier? 

Anyone noticing the specific turn of phrase "Once you purchase your first monthly Maven Box, you’re officially a Maven." Does anyone else read that as subscribers that use the "freebox" or whatever code initially won't be able to skip until they actually purchase a box?

Also what is the price of the customizable box going to be? Is every box $24.99 now? Or is it still cheaper if you pre-pay?

Julep updated their FAQ to include the skips, and didn't change the pricing, so it looks like pre-paying is still the most cost effective option.

From their website:

Subscription
  • What are my subscription options?For new Mavens, we have two subscription tiers: My Maven and Maven Luxe.

With My Maven, you’ll get $40+ worth of polish & product for $24.99/month, or $19.99/month with a three-month prepaid subscription. Each monthly box is completely customizable.

With Maven Luxe, you’ll get $60+ worth of prestige products for $39.99/month, or $34.99/month with a three-month prepaid subscription. Each monthly box is completely customizable.

All Maven subscriptions include the option to "send to a friend" or cancel at any time. When your trial period ends (after you purchase your first monthly box), you’ll also have the option to “pass” on your box. Just select “I’m out this month” during the monthly Maven Reveal and we will not bill you or ship that month’s box.

Anyone noticing the specific turn of phrase "Once you purchase your first monthly Maven Box, you’re officially a Maven." Does anyone else read that as subscribers that use the "freebox" or whatever code initially won't be able to skip until they actually purchase a box?

Also what is the price of the customizable box going to be? Is every box $24.99 now? Or is it still cheaper if you pre-pay?
I believe if you purchase one of those boxes you're a Julep Maven. As for the $24.99 price... that's been in place since earlier this year.

Latest posts

Back